My Viking Journey - Support for Expedition and Mississippi Cruises

dwlmg

I booked my Mississippi cruise in April of 2020. At that time MVJ said 'Coming Soon'. Sixteen month later, the only message on MVJ for my Mississippi cruise and apparently Expedition cruises is 'Coming Soon'. I would have hoped that during the COVID downtime, Viking would have addressed the MVJ coverage for these cruise areas. Now, with new itineraries appearing weekly there is a huge demand for MVJ support. Since the new itineraries occur prior to the Mississippi and Expedition cruise seasons, I suspect it will be quite a while before these two cruise areas are supported. For an organization that prides itself on providing first line cruise experiences, Viking should do better.

I am confused about what kind of support you are looking for MVJ to provide.  I enter a booking number for a future cruise and get the countdown of days but that's about it.  Can't make any reservations for dining, spa or excursions until amost time for the cruise.  Can't even see what the excursions might be.  Or is it that you can't even enter your booking number to activate MVJ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dwlmg said:

I booked my Mississippi cruise in April of 2020. At that time MVJ said 'Coming Soon'. Sixteen month later, the only message on MVJ for my Mississippi cruise and apparently Expedition cruises is 'Coming Soon'. I would have hoped that during the COVID downtime, Viking would have addressed the MVJ coverage for these cruise areas. Now, with new itineraries appearing weekly there is a huge demand for MVJ support. Since the new itineraries occur prior to the Mississippi and Expedition cruise seasons, I suspect it will be quite a while before these two cruise areas are supported. For an organization that prides itself on providing first line cruise experiences, Viking should do better.

Every organisation has limited resources and COVID has stretched the cruise lines extensively. During the COVID "downtime" when the ships weren't sailing, the shore organisations actually had more work with planning, re-planning and re-scheduling.

During these difficult times a little patience will be greatly appreciated, especially as Jim mentioned, the ship is still under construction.

I booked an expedition cruise to Antarctica in 2019 and the trip is in Hanuary, 2022.  MVJ has had the coming soon page up for a long time for the expedition cruises too. I would imagine these new cruises will have that message changed before January.