Yacht Club and Ocean Cay (island) - what exactly is included?

igorjrr

Hello,

Having difficulty understanding what exactly is included in Ocean Cay (island) with Yacht Club.

I'm aware of the exclusive little island where Ocean House Beach (restaurant and beach) are located.

What else is available? Do you have free access to cabanas? Are they only in Ocean House or can be used anywhere?

Also, I'm aware the drinking package is available at the island. However, what about the ice cream at Smiling Fish?

In fact I'm not even sure if ice cream at the Atmosphere Ice Cream Bar is also included with Yacht Club.

If someone is able to provide some help. Thank you!

Cabanas are $399 to 499 per day—includes 4 floats, 4 snorkel sets and butler service to the cabana, water, towels.  There are chaises on the beach at no charge, towels available so don’t need to bring from the ship.  It’s my understanding that umbrellas are free but there is an extra charge for floats and snorkel gear if wanted.  Otherwise, food and drinks available in the “club house” at no charge.  Please correct if wrong.  I’ve tried to search but no cohesive information.  We’re on the Divina in November and looking forward to Ocean Cay/YC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

LOL, it wasn't that far down.

Have you tried the search function? You can probably get detailed answers there. The cabanas are not free.

I'm sorry, a little anxious 🙂

Not only used the search here but other websites too. Found a lot of info but not these specifically.

I'm assuming the Smiling Fish ice cream is not included. Not sure about the Atmosphere Ice Cream bar - my research points that soft serve is included but not the rest - I could not confirm officially though.

Regarding the cabanas I saw @PRH answer - thank you! I agree with you, found these prices in a PDF.

It seems there is no PDF listing exactly what is available in Yacht Club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, igorjrr said:

I'm sorry, a little anxious 🙂

Not only used the search here but other websites too. Found a lot of info but not these specifically.

I'm assuming the Smiling Fish ice cream is not included. Not sure about the Atmosphere Ice Cream bar - my research points that soft serve is included but not the rest - I could not confirm officially though.

Regarding the cabanas I saw @PRH answer - thank you! I agree with you, found these prices in a PDF.

It seems there is no PDF listing exactly what is available in Yacht Club.

No worries and yes it can be confusing. I've never had ice cream on Ocean Cay so am unaware of the prices/what is free 😞

30 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

No worries and yes it can be confusing. I've never had ice cream on Ocean Cay so am unaware of the prices/what is free 😞

A recent reviewer said he got ice cream and was not charged.  Doesn't mean it is free or was a mistake, but with MSC, it depends on teh server, the day, how you ask, and, of course, the position of the stars!  This is the review.

image.thumb.png.edc3c764f2f80f182c20a6ef81424c6a.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JAGR said:

A recent reviewer said he got ice cream and was not charged.  Doesn't mean it is free or was a mistake, but with MSC, it depends on teh server, the day, how you ask, and, of course, the position of the stars!  This is the review.

image.thumb.png.edc3c764f2f80f182c20a6ef81424c6a.png

Good catch. Too bad not officially confirmed if it's free.

I'm travelling with a soft-serve addicted. All that matters in this cruise is the soft-serve lol (kidding of course). So I'd like to be prepared and do a surprise.

17 hours ago, igorjrr said:

Hello,

Having difficulty understanding what exactly is included in Ocean Cay (island) with Yacht Club.

I'm aware of the exclusive little island where Ocean House Beach (restaurant and beach) are located.

What else is available? Do you have free access to cabanas? Are they only in Ocean House or can be used anywhere?

Also, I'm aware the drinking package is available at the island. However, what about the ice cream at Smiling Fish?

In fact I'm not even sure if ice cream at the Atmosphere Ice Cream Bar is also included with Yacht Club.

Hey Igorjrr, 

I was in the YC for Ocean Cay earlier this mo, so I'll try and answer as best as I can. 

Cabanas - even for YC, they are not free. I'm not sure what they all include and the cost, but I think they have a dedicated server to deliver your drinks, etc. And I believe just the YC beach ones. 

I never left the YC beach area, so I can't comment to the Smiling Fish. 

Umbrellas at the YC beach were complimentary. Food and drink at the YC restaurant were included. 

And I didn't try the soft serve the last cruise, but in the past as a YC guest it was free at Atmosphere Ice Cream bar. 

4 hours ago, worldtravelista1 said:

Hey Igorjrr, 

I was in the YC for Ocean Cay earlier this mo, so I'll try and answer as best as I can. 

Cabanas - even for YC, they are not free. I'm not sure what they all include and the cost, but I think they have a dedicated server to deliver your drinks, etc. And I believe just the YC beach ones. 

I never left the YC beach area, so I can't comment to the Smiling Fish. 

Umbrellas at the YC beach were complimentary. Food and drink at the YC restaurant were included. 

And I didn't try the soft serve the last cruise, but in the past as a YC guest it was free at Atmosphere Ice Cream bar. 

Thank you for sharing all that!

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 12:43 AM, igorjrr said:

Hello,

Answering my own question after sailing:

- Ice cream at Smiling Fish is expensive (like $9), but we liked it very much. It's only soft-serve. Vanilla, Chocolate, Key Lime and Coconut. They have mixed/swirl, we had Key Lime and Coconut. Key Lime has much stronger flavor and makes Coconut almost imperceptible. We provided the cruise card, but at the end was never charged (Yacht Club) - so it looks like it is currently registered as part of the "package". Same goes with Atmosphere Ice Cream Bar, but that one is clearly free as they don't even ask for the cruise card.

- Disappointed that all beaches close at 5 PM. The only one open after this time is the beach where the ship docks. It was so hot that we decided to enjoy the island later, so we missed the other beaches.

Hope this information helps someone if they read this thread 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1