Other than signature drinks does it make a difference what menu they have?

AtSeaWithChris

Most bars will serve you whatever you order but there are some specialty bars that only serve certain types of drinks.  For example, the Alchemy bar is a martini bar.  They will make drinks other than what's on their menu but they use high end alcohol and they don't make your typical basic bar drinks.  Like you can't order a tequila sunrise or rum and coke there.  But you can say "make me something with gin and strawberries" and they will concoct a special drink with those ingredients.

Edited by vacruisin
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, vacruisin said:

Most bars will serve you whatever you order but there are some specialty bars that only serve certain types of drinks.  For example, the Alchemy bar is a martini bar.  They will make drinks other than what's on their menu but they use high end alcohol and they don't make your typical basic bar drinks.  Like you can't order a tequila sunrise or rum and coke there.  But you can say "make me something with gin and strawberries" and they will concoct a special drink with those ingredients.

This has been our experience. The regular bars can make just about anything under the sun for you but the specialty bars are more limited.  

• Like 1

Going to disagree with some of the other comments here: Carnival bars tend to be a bit more limited than other lines, especially on the lido/pool decks. If you want beer, or a fruity/blender drink, you're set, but some of the other options don't exist.

I was on the Vista a few weeks ago, and was unable to get a Aperol Spritz at any lido bar. I was told by the bartenders at the Tides bar that only Alchemy has Aperol... no pool bars. 

Not sure if it was because we were sailing from Texas and the bar stock was modified accordingly based on what the passenger base wants. I was surprised that this wasn't even a poolside option, compared to Celebrity, where they crank these out on sunny days.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 11:39 AM, AstoriaPreppy said:

Going to disagree with some of the other comments here: Carnival bars tend to be a bit more limited than other lines, especially on the lido/pool decks. If you want beer, or a fruity/blender drink, you're set, but some of the other options don't exist.

I was on the Vista a few weeks ago, and was unable to get a Aperol Spritz at any lido bar. I was told by the bartenders at the Tides bar that only Alchemy has Aperol... no pool bars. 

Not sure if it was because we were sailing from Texas and the bar stock was modified accordingly based on what the passenger base wants. I was surprised that this wasn't even a poolside option, compared to Celebrity, where they crank these out on sunny days.

Just another data point here…I was on the miracle a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed an aperol spritz at the serenity bar.  Maybe they didn’t stock aperol at every bar, but if an older ship like the miracle can have it, I could see it as a typical drink order on most ships.  Not saying you didn’t have a problem, but I didn’t.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chefchick said:

Just another data point here…I was on the miracle a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed an aperol spritz at the serenity bar.  Maybe they didn’t stock aperol at every bar, but if an older ship like the miracle can have it, I could see it as a typical drink order on most ships.  Not saying you didn’t have a problem, but I didn’t.   

I'm sure that most of the bars have aperol, but opening a bottle of Prosecco for one drink is probably not profitable and I suspect that might have something to do with limiting it. 

On 8/30/2021 at 11:39 AM, AstoriaPreppy said:

Not sure if it was because we were sailing from Texas and the bar stock was modified accordingly based on what the passenger base

No, they don't have Aperol because it sounds like an inhaler for asthmatics. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, chefchick said:

Again, *Texas*  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

No, they don't have Aperol because it sounds like an inhaler for asthmatics. 

Foreign names are hilarious, amiright? Just a laugh riot! 🙄

I was unable to order anything with strawberry in it (e.g. strawberry daiquiri) at the Tides pool on the Breeze last month...  The answer was not "we're out" it was "we don't carry" - so there appears to be some variance to this.