Wedding on a cruise ship.

We were going to do this and had made the payment and everything but changed our minds.  The captain doesn't perform the ceremony, if you want the wedding on the ship it takes place on embarkation day.  If you want to get married on one of the islands then it takes place on that day.

We have been married 14 years next month so I really can't give you any more information than that.

Edited by mauraoel

20 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

We were going to do this and had made the payment and everything but changed our minds.  The captain doesn't perform the ceremony, if you want the wedding on the ship it takes place on embarkation day.  If you want to get married on one of the islands then it takes place on that day.

We have been married 14 years next month so I really can't give you any more information than that.

NCL have option for Captain to marry the couple in international water. The ceremony time options are based on the location of the ship. 

Edited by cnssu123

2 minutes ago, cnssu123 said:

NCL have option for Captain to marry the couple in international water. The ceremony time options are based on the location of the ship. 

That may be but this isn't the NCL board so I gave them the information about Royal.🙂

As it is my information is 14 years old so there is that.

Edited by mauraoel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

That may be but this isn't the NCL board so I gave them the information about Royal.🙂

I know, just saying in case OP wants to jump ship because they want their wedding at sea. 

I swear I am not a traitor or NCL spy 😅

Edited by cnssu123
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hello. My fiancé and I are getting married on the odyssey in 49 more days!  It will be out to sea on a cruising day by the captain. 

we were supposed to get married on independence last April 2020 but due to the pandemic we had to change the date 7 times!!!

• Like 3

My last cruise (started Jan 20) had a couple that was getting married.

They were married near the port at the first port call.

They did the Love and Marriage 2 days later. 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SRF said:

My last cruise (started Jan 20) had a couple that was getting married.

They were married near the port at the first port call.

They did the Love and Marriage 2 days later. 😄

We are hoping to do love and marriage too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thjeepster said:

Hello. My fiancé and I are getting married on the odyssey in 49 more days!  It will be out to sea on a cruising day by the captain. 

we were supposed to get married on independence last April 2020 but due to the pandemic we had to change the date 7 times!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!❤️

• Like 1

We got married on a Carnival ship 6 years ago and highly recommend it. We got married at port which worked out perfect for us because we live within driving distance so this allowed some family members who didn’t want to sail to still come to the wedding. Congratulations!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 12:12 PM, thjeepster said:

Congratulations!!

Can you share more details?  We have family members who want to get married on the Odyssey.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thjeepster said:

sure what would u like to know?

Thanks

Where are you holding the ceremony?

Who is performing the ceremony?

Do they have an option for a symbolic ceremony if you don't have the 90 days to get the certificate from the Bahamas?

What package did you select?

Were you satisified with the flower and cake availability?

Appreciate your help!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Thanks

Where are you holding the ceremony?  OUR CEREMONY IS IN THE LIBRARY (ONLY 8 PEOPLE TOTAL) (you can have in music hall also)

Who is performing the ceremony?  THE CAPTAIN (sea day - day 3)

Do they have an option for a symbolic ceremony if you don't have the 90 days to get the certificate from the Bahamas?  YES YOU CAN DO SYMBOLIC (but I don’t think the captain does that one)

What package did you select?  WE HAVE THE INTIMATELY YOURS PACKAGE (10 guests or less)

Were you satisified with the flower and cake availability? WE HAVE OUR OWN ARRANGEMENT OF FLOWERS (silk bouquet for her and a boutonnière for me). I heard the live flowers are not the best. 
THE CAKE SELECTION WE COULD CHOOSE FROM 5 WITH MULTIPLE FLAVORS AND FILINGS.

any other questions? 

Appreciate your help!

Answers next to your questions. 

you can view the packages on the Royal website too. 

Edited by thjeepster
Fix

On 8/30/2021 at 3:12 PM, thjeepster said:

We did love and marriage on our wedding day in our wedding attire. Super fun, and very much something you can only do on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Thanks, I wanted to hear from someone who had recent experience and @thjeepsterprovided some great information.

The Royal Celebrations group that does the weddings is located in Canada and they are easy to work with.  I think they know me by name now since we have been dealing with them for over 2 years now!  Our first scheduled wedding would have been April 2020! (Hopefully 7th change is a charm!)

they offer tons of stuff with the wedding package. It’s so worth it!

love the added stuff to make it special.

let me know if you have more questions!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

We did love and marriage on our wedding day in our wedding attire. Super fun, and very much something you can only do on a cruise ship.

From what I can see from the cruise compasses if everything stays the same as the one from this month the love and marriage will be like 7 hours after the ceremony. 

On 8/30/2021 at 2:46 PM, thjeepster said:

We are hoping to do love and marriage too

My mom got married on the Splendour of the Seas and was on the love and marriage show. All her kids were on board and I swear every time I turned on the tv, there was my mom talking about what they did in the neighbor's pool! It was a great wedding. They got married before the ship sailed and that allowed guests who weren't sailing with us to be there. I think it was 2004 ish so things may have changed.

Edited by dlbaqua