Booking dining/entertainment onboard currently

ScratchTheRat

Hi all!

I sail in September on the Getaway but have never had a chance to book dining. I called NCL and they said that this happens sometimes and to just "book onboard".

I have specialty dining package for 3 meals and I REALLY want to do Cagney's on my birthday onboard.

Will I be okay? Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Hi all!

I sail in September on the Getaway but have never had a chance to book dining. I called NCL and they said that this happens sometimes and to just "book onboard".

I have specialty dining package for 3 meals and I REALLY want to do Cagney's on my birthday onboard.

Hi, have you downloaded the app? We booked dining reservations using app.

Yes, you will be fine assuming you don’t board late.

If dining has not been available then the biggest problem will be that lots of people will be making reservations, so it will be busy. Whatever you do, don’t join the queue at the atrium (or elsewhere), which will likely be very busy.

There are screens near the stairwells, which can be used to book things but the app is your best bet. Depending on where you are boarding you may even be able to do this before you get onboard by joint the ships WiFi.

I have on a couple of occasions seen a desk set up in the terminal for bookings, so keep an eye out for that as well (although that will also be busy).

Getting reservations shouldn’t be a problem, but if you are after specific times then do it as soon as possible.

24 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Hi all!

Dinner reservations opened 120 days prior to departure and you have waited too long and pre-cruise reservations are sold out. 

There should be no problem booking onboard on embarkation day if you make it a priority. As soon as you embark, go immediately to Headliners comedy club, deck 6 midship to make entertainment reservations. Then go to dining reservations (ask where that is… usually at Teppanyaki across the hall). 

Cagney’s will sell out. You can also use the touch screen kiosks in elevator lobbies to make reservations. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Just now, BirdTravels said:

Dinner reservations opened 120 days prior to departure and you have waited too long and pre-cruise reservations are sold out. 

There should be no problem booking onboard on embarkation day if you make it a priority. As soon as you embark, go immediately to Headliners comedy club, dec 6 midship to make entertainment reservations. Then go to dining reservations (ask where that is… usually at Teppanyaki across the hall). 

Cagney’s will sell out. You can also use the touch screen kiosks in elevator lobbies to make reservations. 

I only booked the cruise in July, I was previously on the Epic. I board at 9am, can I book on the app when onboard do you think?

9 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes, you will be fine assuming you don’t board late.

If dining has not been available then the biggest problem will be that lots of people will be making reservations, so it will be busy. Whatever you do, don’t join the queue at the atrium (or elsewhere), which will likely be very busy.

There are screens near the stairwells, which can be used to book things but the app is your best bet. Depending on where you are boarding you may even be able to do this before you get onboard by joint the ships WiFi.

I have on a couple of occasions seen a desk set up in the terminal for bookings, so keep an eye out for that as well (although that will also be busy).

Getting reservations shouldn’t be a problem, but if you are after specific times then do it as soon as possible.

I can use the app to book? Perfect. I board at 9-9:30am so should be fine then 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 6:35 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

I can use the app to book? Perfect. I board at 9-9:30am so should be fine then 🙂

You can actually connect to the ship WiFi from the boarding galley and book while you wait to  board!  I was told only about 30% of reservations are available pre-cruise,  but that was pretty-Covid...  good luck and happy birthday!! 

40 minutes ago, L1211 said:

You can actually connect to the ship WiFi from the boarding galley and book while you wait to  board!  I was told only about 30% of reservations are available pre-cruise,  but that was pretty-Covid...  good luck and happy birthday!! 

The ability to connect to the ship WiFi depends on the embarkation port. It is not possible in many ports.

I was told by agent (who checked with supervisor) that Getaway sailings up to January 9th were on a "Stop sell for Dining".   

I had gone online at midnight of the 125th day (Club Balcony) prior to our cruise and all restaurants were unavailable.   I also checked at 120 days, 119, 118, etc.   Still same message.   

On another thread where I had reported this, someone said they were told that this was due to frequently changing European regulations.   (They might need to change social distancing in dining rooms?)    If that is the case, I'm hoping they open up dining in late December when the Getaway will be sailing to Miami.

I posted this on another thread as well.  I was able to make dining reservations for our January 8, 2022 cruise through the Chat feature on the NCL Website.  Very easy.  Just make sure you have all your info: sailing date, reservation number, passengers, travel agent (if applicable).  Jen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niffernay said:

I posted this on another thread as well.  I was able to make dining reservations for our January 8, 2022 cruise through the Chat feature on the NCL Website.  Very easy.  Just make sure you have all your info: sailing date, reservation number, passengers, travel agent (if applicable).  Jen

What ship was this for?   

(Date doesn't match for OP's original question which was for Getaway cruises)

Edited by Sand and Seas

10 hours ago, Niffernay said:

After reading this I tried doing it for our January 22 cruise on the Escape.  I was told:

We are in the process of adding more inventory for dining, please allow us time to replenish that. 

On 9/13/2021 at 11:28 PM, cmecruise1962 said:

I have not been able to book on my Dec 4 Joy sailing out of Miami.  I'm not going to stress about it...but will be very annoyed if I can't get in for 2 dinners outside of the Haven!

I am also on Dec 4 Joy, I called NCL and booked Teppenyaki and Cagney's over the phone

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

Welcome back!  

Did they have a specific area to go to when you boarded to make dining reservations?

You can do it on the app, on the screens around and YES, there was a desk next to guest services for dining booking and they had all the menus there to look at too 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1