Cunarder mattress (Sealy)

Kiakaha1

Hello fellow Cunard lovers

We came off QE on Friday and loved the mattress and pillows. We have all the details to purchase one and the pillows details from the purser but after reading posts from 2013/2016 wondered if anyone has bought one and found it the same?

I took photo of the mattress but the pictures of the mattress for sale are different.  Any views would be very gratefully received (especially if you have one!)
Thank you!

A4E58623-5F3A-450E-A799-410BF20E0542.jpeg

C0BC92BB-E9A8-4B1E-B298-F2BE54C82C99.jpeg

5967477E-847F-40BB-855A-D06D3D39B6E0.jpeg

We bought the pillows and the mattress

Haven't regretted either

Had a large VAT/Customs charge on the pillows but they were worth it.

Mattress was from the UK and was a long lead in time but seems the same as on the ship. Very comfortable!

Thank you all for these replies! It’s great to hear they seem to be the very same as onboard.  Next purchase for us I think and at a good price.  Pillows may be expensive as you said but worth it. 

Appreciate this info, truly.  

11 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

We bought a Cunarder Super King a few years ago.

It's absolutely fine.

Only complaint is that it is only one sided, but we can live with that.

Stewart

I suppose pillow-top mattresses could be made "two sided" - but suspect that the soft surface which makes the pillow-top so comfortable would be crushed after a few months on the bottom - and would lose its effect.   

Sometimes you have to compromise --- great wines do not come in economical gallon-sized waxed cardboard boxes with handy plastic screw caps.

The Sealy Cunarder Mattress  did come in two colours here in the UK, White as on the Ships or Cream as on their website which had a different pattern. You had to ask for the White colour fabric as on the ships.  But that was several years ago. 

https://www.sealy.co.uk/cunard.html

IMG_1349.jpeg

Edited by LifeonMars

On 8/31/2021 at 1:59 PM, Craigrlewis said:

We bought the pillows and the mattress

Haven't regretted either

Had a large VAT/Customs charge on the pillows but they were worth it.

Mattress was from the UK and was a long lead in time but seems the same as on the ship. Very comfortable!

Hi,

Are the pillows available online?.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2023 at 11:44 AM, safarigal said:

Does anyone know if the mattress is available in the US?

I spoke with Sealy U.S. customer service directly and was told that the Cunarder model mattress is not available here. However, the agent did look at the mattress' components and said that the Posturepedic Plus Hybrid Firm would be the closest match here in the States. The "Hybrid" means that it is a combination of foam and (individually pocketed) springs. He also said that the only component that mattress didn't have that the Cunarded had was the hand tufted top. 

Jack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

I spoke with Sealy U.S. customer service directly and was told that the Cunarder model mattress is not available here. However, the agent did look at the mattress' components and said that the Posturepedic Plus Hybrid Firm would be the closest match here in the States. The "Hybrid" means that it is a combination of foam and (individually pocketed) springs. He also said that the only component that mattress didn't have that the Cunarded had was the hand tufted top. 

Jack

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 2:00 PM, LifeonMars said:

Wonder if Queen Anne will have the Sealy Mattresses ?

P&O Iona which was built in Germany has the Matermoll mattress,

The P&O ships used to have the Sealy like Cunard.

IMG_4286.jpeg

Unfortunately I don’t believe it will. Knowing someone at Cunard I believe QA will use Matermoll. Shame really but I know the Sealy cunard mattress is available on their website, I’ve a family member who bought one recently and loves it!