Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

11 minutes ago, Tonysplus2 said:

I’m in a club balcony suite. I placed bids for Haven and spa club balcony suite. My account says let’s get you upgraded but Haven and spa club balconies show sold out. Can someone explain 

Not sure how close you are to sail date but there can be a lot of changes as it gets closer.  There were only 2 haven rooms showing available when I first placed bids.  About 2 weeks later there were 9.  There can be cancellations and upgrades right up to the last minute.  Those who win bids on highest level cabins also create availability.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tonysplus2 said:

I’m in a club balcony suite. I placed bids for Haven and spa club balcony suite. My account says let’s get you upgraded but Haven and spa club balconies show sold out. Can someone explain 

I think you are just in a holding pattern still. I know they already awarded some spa balcony rooms. But as someone previously said, things shuffle until last minute. I’m still showing as pending for my bids. I’m not really holding on to hope but until they show cancelled I guess anything can happen 

Edited by briguy1314
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, vacationut said:

If I purchase spa access now, but win an upgrade to a spa room, will I get a refund or credit for the spa access? 

From my understanding, yes.  You would be able to cancel the repurchased thermal spa passes.  I've read others who have done this very thing.  

Good luck with your bid!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 12:41 PM, dobiemom said:

I was on the Nov 14 sailing on the Bliss. I did NOT receive an email to upgrade (55 days out) but others did so I just look on the app. It was there!  I had booked an inside cabin and could bid on an oceanview, (regular) balcony, or spa balcony cabins. I only bid on the spa balcony ($180/person which was $5 over the minimum). I was notified at 11 days out that I had won! 🙂

11 hours ago, vacationut said:

If I purchase spa access now, but win an upgrade to a spa room, will I get a refund or credit for the spa access? 

I forgot to put that in my original post. I had purchased a spa pass, and when I won my bid to a spa balcony I called NCL to cancel the spa pass. Took a week for the credit to be posted on my credit card. Good luck! 🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I forgot to put that in my original post. I had purchased a spa pass, and when I won my bid to a spa balcony I called NCL to cancel the spa pass. Took a week for the credit to be posted on my credit card. Good luck! 🤞

Just FYI for others, I cancelled thermal passes on Nov 13 and no refund yet. I called yesterday. The refund is listed as "pending." 

• Thanks 1

Well, lightning has struck twice. 

Booked a balcony on 11/27 joy as a solo. Offered a minimum bid on  Haven categories sans 2 Bedroom and Owners Suite, and 100 bucks for a minisuite. Had bid in the past but just minimums since Haven was always way too expensive, especially for a single. Figured I had a decent shot at the minisuite considering availability. And I got a Haven Courtyard Penthouse. 

A few days later I saw the next week had good balcony deals too. Booked a back to back. Two days ago got the upgrade advantage email, and bid minimums. I took the plunge and minimum bid on the 2 bedroom too, because why not? On the off chance I got one it would probably be my only chance at getting in a 2 bedroom ever. Today I got the golden email. Got a 2 bedroom. 

So now I, as a solo, have two weeks in the Haven on a back to back. As a solo.  I'm a little in shock. I've never been in the Haven before so I have no real idea what to expect. I guess I'll find out.

tl;dr for others considering Joy sailings: Bid minimums, you never know what you could get. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, sparkmaster said:

Well, lightning has struck twice. 

Booked a balcony on 11/27 joy as a solo. Offered a minimum bid on  Haven categories sans 2 Bedroom and Owners Suite, and 100 bucks for a minisuite. Had bid in the past but just minimums since Haven was always way too expensive, especially for a single. Figured I had a decent shot at the minisuite considering availability. And I got a Haven Courtyard Penthouse. 

A few days later I saw the next week had good balcony deals too. Booked a back to back. Two days ago got the upgrade advantage email, and bid minimums. I took the plunge and minimum bid on the 2 bedroom too, because why not? On the off chance I got one it would probably be my only chance at getting in a 2 bedroom ever. Today I got the golden email. Got a 2 bedroom. 

So now I, as a solo, have two weeks in the Haven on a back to back. As a solo.  I'm a little in shock. I've never been in the Haven before so I have no real idea what to expect. I guess I'll find out.

tl;dr for others considering Joy sailings: Bid minimums, you never know what you could get. 

That's awesome! I hope we have your luck for the our cruise on the breakaway on the 5th.   

3 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So anyone hear anything on upgrades for the December 5th cruise on the Breakaway yet....getting very anxious.. 

Our Nov 21 Bliss cruise did not hear until a little over a week before the cruise.  I heard a lot of people got great upgrades

Edited by Traveling Mike

6 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

Our Nov 21 Bliss cruise did not hear until a little over a week before the cruise.  I heard a lot of people got great upgrades

Crossing my fingers, I have heard the past few cruises alot of people got great upgrades with minimal bids needed. 

I’m really curious how random it all is. Seems like minimum bids as well as higher bids get accepted. Is there a formula they use or is it really just random draw. 

I still show the “let’s get you upgraded” on the app. But we sail on Sunday, so fairly certain an upgrade is not happening

1 hour ago, briguy1314 said:

I’m really curious how random it all is. Seems like minimum bids as well as higher bids get accepted. Is there a formula they use or is it really just random draw. 

I still show the “let’s get you upgraded” on the app. But we sail on Sunday, so fairly certain an upgrade is not happening

I highly doubt it is random at all.  They grant the upgrades that maximize the revenue which is not necessarily the same as taking the highest bid.

I sail on Sunday also. I’ve heard they award a lot of bids with 1 day left because they stop taking reservations. I’m holding out that I get awarded tomorrow 😂. I believe they have open rooms not assigned and hoping people will up the bid amount to get additional revenue. 

To me  the logic behind assigning upgrades when they do is a mystery. Revenue maximization has to be the highest priority, but that doesn't jive with upgrading folks (me!) who bid minimums with over a week to go until departure. I'd love to know the internal logic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mmgibbs7 said:

Anyone get an upgrade yet for the Escape 12/4 sailing?

I haven't seen any, but the current theory is that they weren't going to do any until after Black Friday, where people might take advantage of steep price drops to upgrade directly.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wolft927 said:

8 days out and all of my bids still say pending.  Hoping to here something monday!!!! Would love the upgrade but will be happy with my balcony

We're on same boat, all bids still pending. Wonder when they're going to start processing bids, we're almost down to 1 week to go.