Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

So, Looking at my cruise for the 5th of December, there are currently 35 Haven suites still available. I have offers on several of them and not making any offers a lot over minimum. Anyone have any experience getting bids accepted with low offers?

We have always bid in the "Poor" category and have won several times. It is such a great rush when successful!  As I mentioned in an earlier post, do keep checking cruise prices on the NCL website. Add together what you paid for the cruise PLUS what your bid is, yesterday we discovered that it was better for us to just upgrade instead of waiting for the bids to be drawn. Much less stress!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So, Looking at my cruise for the 5th of December, there are currently 35 Haven suites still available. I have offers on several of them and not making any offers a lot over minimum. Anyone have any experience getting bids accepted with low offers?

Not quite sure how you are looking at available rooms, but when I checked this morning via "mock" booking a cruise, there were only 20 rooms left. I hope i'm wrong though!

30 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I just checked and they must have put the bids through today as only a few Haven rooms left one of the one I left.  Glad I upgraded yesterday!  BTW I got the wonky website again with wrong dates! 

Either that or people are calling in to upgrade with the prices dropping so drastically. I just did and the cost ended up being only $500 more than my bid for the 2 Bdrm Villa (which was in the mid-Good range). There were only 2 left so I pulled the trigger! I was hoping to win an upgrade to report back, but I freaked out. LOL

• Like 1

It looks like many of the upgrades for the Nov 27 Joy sailing have been processed - all that’s left are the two lowest Haven categories.  Anyone out there been upgraded?  I’m on the Dec 4 still holding my breath.

Edited by a1betpr

I have two questions - where do you check on your upgrade requests to possibly change or edit?

and can you have two different bids for different cabin classes at the same time? I wouldn’t want to be upgraded from an interior to a balcony then pay again to upgrade to spa balcony.

3 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

I have two questions - where do you check on your upgrade requests to possibly change or edit?

and can you have two different bids for different cabin classes at the same time? I wouldn’t want to be upgraded from an interior to a balcony then pay again to upgrade to spa balcony.

When you first made your bids you should've received an email confirmation. In that there's a link to go in & modify your bids. It's also where you can check if they're still pending, processing, or expired. Yes, you can bid different amounts for the cabin types you're bidding on. For the last scenario, once you're upgraded with this system it's final. NCL wouldn't upgrade you again and I don't think you can call to upgrade further (i.e. pay for spa balcony after being upgraded to balcony through Upgrade Advantage), but I've never tried so not positive on that.

8 hours ago, a1betpr said:

It looks like many of the upgrades for the Nov 27 Joy sailing have been processed - all that’s left are the two lowest Haven categories.  Anyone out there been upgraded?  I’m on the Dec 4 still holding my breath.

Some people called and upgraded due to price drop and canceled their bids for the 27th sailing.  Others said they were upgraded. It looks like a lot of bids were accepted yesterday. Keep checking prices you might find a good deal. 

45 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Some people called and upgraded due to price drop and canceled their bids for the 27th sailing.  Others said they were upgraded. It looks like a lot of bids were accepted yesterday. Keep checking prices you might find a good deal. 

Yeah, thanks cruising sister, I am checking daily.  Haven prices would have to drop by another 20-30% to get close to what I've paid for our club suite plus my bids.  I haven't seen that happen on the earlier Joy sailings so I am not expecting that to happen on our cruise either.  But I've made what I consider to be pretty aggressive bids on the Haven so we'll see what happens - there are still ~60 unsold.  

I’m in the encore 11/28 and just got an email that I was outbid and that “real time bidding” is now open.  Has anyone seen this before?  It only mentioned 1 of the 4 pending requests I have.  So, am I outbid in only one category or all?

16 hours ago, anmyers72 said:

Not quite sure how you are looking at available rooms, but when I checked this morning via "mock" booking a cruise, there were only 20 rooms left. I hope i'm wrong though!

I did mock bookings just now for all Haven Suites that did not show sold out. Here is the list per category that are still available:

2 Bedroom Suites 11

Aft Suite w/large balcony 3

Aft Suite 2

Courtyard Suite 11

Forward Facing Suite 6

Spa Suites 2

I am really hoping to win one of the bids I put in, if these numbers are true, I have 17 days till sail date and feeling optimistic, but if not still have a nice balcony on deck 13.  

19 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

I did mock bookings just now for all Haven Suites that did not show sold out. Here is the list per category that are still available:

2 Bedroom Suites 11

Aft Suite w/large balcony 3

Aft Suite 2

Courtyard Suite 11

Forward Facing Suite 6

Spa Suites 2

I am really hoping to win one of the bids I put in, if these numbers are true, I have 17 days till sail date and feeling optimistic, but if not still have a nice balcony on deck 13.  

I did a mock booking last night for the BA Christmas cruise and there were 54 Haven suites still available... hopefully that means that 54 cruiser's Christmas is going to be extra special (but as wolft927 said - I too have the perfect Club Balcony (with Large Balcony) to look forward to... )

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tafawke said:

I did a mock booking last night for the BA Christmas cruise and there were 54 Haven suites still available... hopefully that means that 54 cruiser's Christmas is going to be extra special (but as wolft927 said - I too have the perfect Club Balcony (with Large Balcony) to look forward to... )

Its getting nerve racking lol, checking email everyday to see the accepted email as well as doing mock bookings lol....Please NCL take my money lol

3 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Its getting nerve racking lol, checking email everyday to see the accepted email as well as doing mock bookings lol....Please NCL take my money lol

Haha - I made my husband sit through Youtube videos last night that showed the room we were guaranteed (booked) and what we could get if we won a bid... He is so far away from this process it is sad - I love the thrill of the chase and the planning is almost as fun as the trip itself - I am on these boards everyday and I usually do one thing for the trip every couple of days (eg, this week I have booked our appointments for our pre-trip/entering USA Covid tests and applied/received my ESTA to enter the USA (Aussie living in Canada without perm res as yet, last week I booked a shore excursion and ordered my sparkly lanyard and luggage tag holders off Amazon - you guys know the drill)... 

• Like 1

Just now, tafawke said:

Haha - I made my husband sit through Youtube videos last night that showed the room we were guaranteed (booked) and what we could get if we won a bid... He is so far away from this process it is sad - I love the thrill of the chase and the planning is almost as fun as the trip itself - I am on these boards everyday and I usually do one thing for the trip every couple of days (eg, this week I have booked our appointments for our pre-trip/entering USA Covid tests and applied/received my ESTA to enter the USA (Aussie living in Canada without perm res as yet, last week I booked a shore excursion and ordered my sparkly lanyard and luggage tag holders off Amazon - you guys know the drill)... 

I have done the same thing. I actually was a Cruise Director with NCL back in the early 2000's...I have not been on an NCL ship since I left in 2007. I have made my wife watch videos as well of both Balcony we have and the Haven suites I have bid on. I am feeling optimistic that we will get one of them but who knows. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wolft927 said:

I have done the same thing. I actually was a Cruise Director with NCL back in the early 2000's...I have not been on an NCL ship since I left in 2007. I have made my wife watch videos as well of both Balcony we have and the Haven suites I have bid on. I am feeling optimistic that we will get one of them but who knows. 

I'm thinking that 54 unbooked Haven Suites is a huge number and yeah, hopefully optimistic - I spoke to my PCC when I upgraded to a Club and without actually saying it I got the feeling he thought a low bid would be enough... Good luck to you with your bids (and to everyone else). 

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

Looks like we're on the same sailing. I hadn't really bid before other than minor things but with all the chaos of the last 2 years, plus a hurricane wrecking our house I decided to splurge and see what happens with some haven bids.

Hopefully we'll both make the cut, would love to see what it's like in there.

21 hours ago, wolft927 said:

just made my offer accepted! There were a total of 55 haven rooms Open on board. 
I won the Family villa with large balcony with a bid just slightly over the minimum! Put bids on every room in the haven. 

Very excited! now seems to be the best thing ever to get these rooms

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pieson said:

just made my offer accepted! There were a total of 55 haven rooms Open on board. 
I won the Family villa with large balcony with a bid just slightly over the minimum! Put bids on every room in the haven. 

Awesome news, Pieson, congrats!!!  Our sailing has 55+ open Haven cabins so hopefully we get upgraded as well.  HAVE FUN!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pieson said:

What sailing and ship are you on?