Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

21 minutes ago, Captain_Morgan said:

Bit of a silly question perhaps, but where might this 'upgrade banner' be found?  I presume it would be either on the booking summary page or similar?  Is there any correlation between booking direct with NCL vs a travel agent with respect to whether an option to bid for an upgrade is offered or is it strictly based on capacity?  We're still 39 days out from our cruise so still plenty of time and truth be told its more curiosity that's getting to me than anything else 😁

When you log in to your NCL account and 

click on view reservation,  the first thing you’ll see is a Let’s Get You Upgraded 

banner if you get the offer. Not everyone does.it doesn’t matter if you booked direct or not.

And some travel agencies do not participate, including some big box retailers.

Edited by justhappy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, justhappy said:

When you log in to your NCL account and 

click on view reservation,  the first thing you’ll see is a Let’s Get You Upgraded 

banner if you get the offer. Not everyone does.it doesn’t matter if you booked direct or not.

And some travel agencies do not participate, including some big box retailers.

Thank you for the information, its very much appreciated and clarifies the entire approach

This is our first cruise with NCL (the one and only other cruise I've ever been on was one my husband won through work, so I didn't do any planning on that one.) and I have this upgrade banner on my account homepage. We booked and inside room and it's near our kids' inside room. If we wanted to upgrade and the offer was accepted, could we request that the upgrade remains near our kids' room? Or could we request they have an inside room near our new upgraded room? What's a reasonable amount to bid? I wouldn't even know what amount to try. lol

I'm so excited!

39 minutes ago, ally&tommysmom said:

This is our first cruise with NCL (the one and only other cruise I've ever been on was one my husband won through work, so I didn't do any planning on that one.) and I have this upgrade banner on my account homepage. We booked and inside room and it's near our kids' inside room. If we wanted to upgrade and the offer was accepted, could we request that the upgrade remains near our kids' room? Or could we request they have an inside room near our new upgraded room? What's a reasonable amount to bid? I wouldn't even know what amount to try. lol

I'm so excited!

You have absolutely no say in what room you get, so bidding isn't a good idea if you want to stay near your kids.  You might be able to pay for an upgrade - it never hurts to ask.

• Like 2

On the 1/9/22 Joy sailing. Put in 3 very "poor" bids on the Haven suites and one regular suite, up from our midship balcony. Hoping capacity restrictions make an upgrade in our favor. First time on NCL, would love to see what all the hype is about the Haven!

Edited by jumbojem96

4 hours ago, jumbojem96 said:

On the 1/9/22 Joy sailing. Put in 3 very "poor" bids on the Haven suites and one regular suite, up from our midship balcony. Hoping capacity restrictions make an upgrade in our favor. First time on NCL, would love to see what all the hype is about the Haven!

Be careful,  once you go Haven you'll never go back 😉  Good luck!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I want to make sure that everyone is checking pricing on the NCL website. Our Joy cruise 11/27/21 had prices drop this week. When I added together what we paid and what we were willing to bid, I was shocked that we could easily just do a straight upgrade without the bidding to a Haven H5 2 BR 2 Bath from a Haven HE Courtyard, pick our cabin and save some money as well. Also used some of our Future Cruise Credit (that is at risk of expiring anyway) and upgraded our drink package and WIFI! Yea!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mjcatlvr said:

I want to make sure that everyone is checking pricing on the NCL website. Our Joy cruise 11/27/21 had prices drop this week. When I added together what we paid and what we were willing to bid, I was shocked that we could easily just do a straight upgrade without the bidding to a Haven H5 2 BR 2 Bath from a Haven HE Courtyard, pick our cabin and save some money as well. Also used some of our Future Cruise Credit (that is at risk of expiring anyway) and upgraded our drink package and WIFI! Yea!!

I posted this info weeks ago. It not only applied to this week sales, it was other pricing weeks ago.

I have another scenario.

If you try to book another cabin and it is 1 cent less than what you paid for your cabin, NCL will not allow you to make the change. They consider it a LOSS OF PROFIT. Your new cabin must be at least 1 cent more than your current booked cabin. What do you think of that?????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjcatlvr said:

You upgraded after final payment? I though the only way to upgrade after FP was through the bid process. 

13 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

You upgraded after final payment? I though the only way to upgrade after FP was through the bid process. 

Yes, you may update after final payment. Have done it this year and previous years.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

Yes, After final payment. Called our NCL Personal Cruise Consultant and he happily made the change. He also helped us use some of our remaining Future Cruise Credits (would have expired anyway) to upgrade the Beverage and Wifi packages. Nice!!

• Like 1

So, Looking at my cruise for the 5th of December, there are currently 35 Haven suites still available. I have offers on several of them and not making any offers a lot over minimum. Anyone have any experience getting bids accepted with low offers?

I also just called up and was able to upgrade from a Balcony to a Club Balcony with a Large Balcony. I could have upgraded to Haven but it was a bit much... I could have upgraded to Aft Balcony; Spa Balcony and Spa Club Balcony as well from between $325 and $477 total (Haven Penthouse would have been $3700)... apparently my current bids will be cancelled and I may/may not get a new offer to upgrade... (I was previously told I couldn't because of flights - my guess and not substantiated by facts - as the cruise is close (32 days) and there is still capacity they have a bit of scope now... ????

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

So, Looking at my cruise for the 5th of December, there are currently 35 Haven suites still available. I have offers on several of them and not making any offers a lot over minimum. Anyone have any experience getting bids accepted with low offers?

The pricing for the Haven was kind of crazy for the November 27th cruise. I am sure it was due to how many cabins were available. I had a minimum bid on a courtyard penthouse and never heard a thing when I saw the price for the 2 bedroom was $1200 cheaper than the penthouse and minimum bid was higher than the penthouse. I just called for the upgrade and cancelled my bid  There was only a couple of penthouse cabins left and lots of 2 bedrooms. I would keep watching the price and if you see one drop grab it. 

• Like 1