Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

7 hours ago, Captain_Morgan said:

We have our first NCL cruise on Getaway coming up over Xmas and are very intrigued by the notion of bidding for an upgrade on a cabin.  I've done it several times with airfares so not new to the concept, just the application with respect to a cruise.

Is there any ballpark time frame when the emails usually come out (if at all) or is it completely by chance (obviously based on occupancy, etc)?

On the TA Getaway 12/5, we got the email 10/11 so 55 days prior. Not sure if it's random or not, this is our 5th NCL cruise & we've always gotten the upgrade invite, but  others have said they don't get it. 🤷‍♀️ 

4 hours ago, tracyfitzs said:

Just curious does plusgrade upgrades on the weekends? I’ve only heard or people getting notified on weekdays. I’ve been playing with my bids all weekend lol.

Me too 🤣  I don’t think so… I’m thinking tomorrow will be the day though.  Good luck! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tracyfitzs said:

It happened! Since we weren’t upgraded in first round I decided to bid on the 2bedroom near minimum and got the 2 bedroom with large balcony for 11/21 encore. Im psyched! 

Congratulations!!!  I’m on the 11/21 Bliss. The upgrade option has disappeared off my NCL page but no email or charge on my card yet.  I still see all of the same haven rooms available for booking so we shall see.  How did you find out?  Did you get an email?  The suspense is KILLING me haha.  

18 minutes ago, tinygrashopa said:

Congratulations!!!  I’m on the 11/21 Bliss. The upgrade option has disappeared off my NCL page but no email or charge on my card yet.  I still see all of the same haven rooms available for booking so we shall see.  How did you find out?  Did you get an email?  The suspense is KILLING me haha.  

No email or charge on my card yet. The banner disappeared from NCL reservation page, but my link show processing for the 2 bedroom and expired for the rest.  I clicked the FCC box and that should cover a good portion of my bid so I will let you know how that all works in the end when I see it.

19 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

No email or charge on my card yet. The banner disappeared from NCL reservation page, but my link show processing for the 2 bedroom and expired for the rest.  I clicked the FCC box and that should cover a good portion of my bid so I will let you know how that all works in the end when I see it.

Dang it!  Just checked my link and looks like I’m getting the Spa Balcony.  I’ll take it though because I’m getting if for a minimal bid and wanted to have the spa anyway.  Thanks for the tip!  I’ll be able to take another cruise with the amount I saved not getting the Haven haha!

It's 55 days out for us!  And there's only 1 category for me to bid on.  Of course it's the sold out DOS!  But what the heck... I'll toss in a bid, just in case!  (In this case both DOS cabins have been sold out since we booked 18 months ago!).  But maybe....just maybe!

Good luck to everyone who have bids out there! 🙂

33 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

Congrats Tracyfitzs!!!  What are you going to do with all your free time now that you don't need to keep hitting refresh on your bid page? 😃   Our Joy cruise is in 27 days so I assume Ive got at least another two weeks of obsessively monitoring my bids.  To my credit though, I haven't changed them once (yet)...

2 hours ago, tracyfitzs said:

It happened! Since we weren’t upgraded in first round I decided to bid on the 2bedroom near minimum and got the 2 bedroom with large balcony for 11/21 encore. Im psyched! 

Tracyfitzs,

What where you in originally and would you mind sharing what your winning bid was?  Congratulations!  

(My first time on NCL I was in the Haven Spa Suite and won an upgrade to the DOS on the Escape).  The Haven has spoiled me forever!

29 minutes ago, tinygrashopa said:

Dang it!  Just checked my link and looks like I’m getting the Spa Balcony.  I’ll take it though because I’m getting if for a minimal bid and wanted to have the spa anyway.  Thanks for the tip!  I’ll be able to take another cruise with the amount I saved not getting the Haven haha!

The Spa Balcony will be nice, I have never done the thermal suites.

Originally I booked oceanview then called for upgrade 90 days out because price dropped significantly and moved up to a club balcony and got still received money back. 

With all the discounts we had applied from our cancelled cruise ( we were on one of the Mar 2019 cruise that was cancelled within 24 hours) I'm actually paying more for the upgrade than I paid for the cruise and gratuities. Ideally I wanted the courtyard penthouse as the 2 bedroom is quite large for the two of us but I'm glad I got one that is in the haven courtyard.  

14 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

Tracyfitzs,

What where you in originally and would you mind sharing what your winning bid was?  Congratulations!  

(My first time on NCL I was in the Haven Spa Suite and won an upgrade to the DOS on the Escape).  The Haven has spoiled me forever!

I had bid just over the $1200 minimum for the 2 bedroom (still way down on the poor category).  As of Friday when most of the bids were accepted I did not have a bid on the 2 bedroom, but was low-Fair for all the other Haven options.  Over the weekend when I saw only two rooms in each category remained, I placed a low bid on the 2 bedroom and upped all others to high fair range.  Was awarded 2 bedroom. I saw the processing on the bid page first.  Still no card charge/FCC decrease or email.  

• Like 1

Last update: I got the email and they did apply all my FCC which was left and charged the card for the rest of my accepted bid.  I believe they missed my husband's small FCC he had remaining but I can use that on a deposit before it expires I'm sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tracyfitzs said:

The Spa Balcony will be nice, I have never done the thermal suites.

Originally I booked oceanview then called for upgrade 90 days out because price dropped significantly and moved up to a club balcony and got still received money back. 

With all the discounts we had applied from our cancelled cruise ( we were on one of the Mar 2019 cruise that was cancelled within 24 hours) I'm actually paying more for the upgrade than I paid for the cruise and gratuities. Ideally I wanted the courtyard penthouse as the 2 bedroom is quite large for the two of us but I'm glad I got one that is in the haven courtyard.  

I had bid just over the $1200 minimum for the 2 bedroom (still way down on the poor category).  As of Friday when most of the bids were accepted I did not have a bid on the 2 bedroom, but was low-Fair for all the other Haven options.  Over the weekend when I saw only two rooms in each category remained, I placed a low bid on the 2 bedroom and upped all others to high fair range.  Was awarded 2 bedroom. I saw the processing on the bid page first.  Still no card charge/FCC decrease or email.  

Congrats!! Thanks for sharing all the info, it gives me hope! Don't expect to hear for another couple weeks, but I bid low good on 2 Bdrm (the one we really want), and high fair on the rest (not Owners Suite). Crossing fingers. 

I’ve never tried upgrading before but I got the offer today and I was curious to check it out. I have a club balcony and I was only interested in upgrading it to a spa balcony, but it only allows me to bid on Haven rooms. Does that mean the spa balconies are sold out? 

1 hour ago, LincolnLog said:

I’ve never tried upgrading before but I got the offer today and I was curious to check it out. I have a club balcony and I was only interested in upgrading it to a spa balcony, but it only allows me to bid on Haven rooms. Does that mean the spa balconies are sold out? 

No, it means that your Club Balcony is technically a higher category than the spa balcony.  The system only allows you to place bids on higher categories.

9 minutes ago, LincolnLog said:

Thanks for the info. I’m guessing they must be sold out on my cruise then. 

Maybe try doing a mock booking and see if Spa Club Balconies are available, just to confirm. But usually you can bid on sold-out staterooms since they may open up if those people are upgraded to Haven (we currently have bids on sold-out rooms). Seems strange that they're not showing. 🤷‍♀️

Counted 55 available Haven rooms on my NCL Joy November 27- dec 5th

and the prices just dropped significantly for all rooms. 

hoping that is good omen for my Haven upgrade. I’m slightly above minimum on all Haven rooms. 

Debating if I should increase that or not. Never done the Haven and bows my chance.  So I’m anxious 

Edited by Pieson
  • Like 1

I got an upgrade offer for the January 3 Pearl sailing! I'm in an inside cabin and could bid for an oceanview or balcony. I put in a fair bid in the middle of the fair color gauge for a balcony. It would be really nice. I'm a solo cruiser and a bit of a loner. If I can lay on my own balcony instead of the deck, I will be in near heaven.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2021 at 9:50 PM, Pieson said:

Counted 55 available Haven rooms on my NCL Joy November 27- dec 5th

and the prices just dropped significantly for all rooms. 

hoping that is good omen for my Haven upgrade. I’m slightly above minimum on all Haven rooms. 

Debating if I should increase that or not. Never done the Haven and bows my chance.  So I’m anxious 

Pieson - hopefully today is the day you find out if one of your bids is accepted - we sail the week after you so I am anxiously awaiting to hear what happens with you!  Good luck!

• Like 2

It is crazy that is less than 2 days, and my November 14, 2021 Mexican Riviera on the Bliss STILL has the upgrade option available and I havent been notified that I won (Hopefully) a bid....it is ODD that it is still up as an option to bid to upgrade 2 days out...... Anyone on the Bliss this Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021 that has already won a bid????  Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Cruising Chuck said:

It is crazy that is less than 2 days, and my November 14, 2021 Mexican Riviera on the Bliss STILL has the upgrade option available and I havent been notified that I won (Hopefully) a bid....it is ODD that it is still up as an option to bid to upgrade 2 days out...... Anyone on the Bliss this Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021 that has already won a bid????  Thanks in advance.

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

read #5

3 hours ago, Cruising Chuck said:

Still time, good luck!!

Bit of a silly question perhaps, but where might this 'upgrade banner' be found?  I presume it would be either on the booking summary page or similar?  Is there any correlation between booking direct with NCL vs a travel agent with respect to whether an option to bid for an upgrade is offered or is it strictly based on capacity?  We're still 39 days out from our cruise so still plenty of time and truth be told its more curiosity that's getting to me than anything else 😁