Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

So Booked on the Breakaway for March 6th, We have 2 Balcony cabins. I originally put in Bids for all the Haven Suites and to get the needle to hit Fair was 1K per person. Called NCL today and was able to upgrade to Haven Courtyard Suites for 700PP. Sometimes Bidding is more expensive then just upgrading especially when you are only about a week out.

I won the Forward facing Penthouse last cruise in December, but with needing to upgrade 2 cabins didn't want to take the chance 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

So Booked on the Breakaway for March 6th, We have 2 Balcony cabins. I originally put in Bids for all the Haven Suites and to get the needle to hit Fair was 1K per person. Called NCL today and was able to upgrade to Haven Courtyard Suites for 700PP. Sometimes Bidding is more expensive then just upgrading especially when you are only about a week out.

I won the Forward facing Penthouse last cruise in December, but with needing to upgrade 2 cabins didn't want to take the chance 

@wolft927This was really good information, Thank you.  I am going to use your strategy in a few weeks as my cruise gets closer (March 19). 

@aubreyc1988 I love the way you did this last booking.  Very strategic.  Much appreciate the information you provided.  As I go through this process for the first time, I am noticing all kinds of similar things happening.  

• Haven Two Bedroom Family Villas: These seem to be the suites that are most in inventory 21 days out of most recent cruises.  As we all know, there are two types of this suite. H5 (Large Balcony) and H6. 
  • Lowest Bid Amount: The H6 has the lowest bid amount at $600 and the H5 starts at $1,250.00.  
  • Inventory: At 22 days out, this morning the H6 had 7 suites in inventory.  Now it is 3 in inventory. I also noticed that two Haven categories opened up as now available. 
  • Conclusion: NCL is accepting bids from Haven Guest to upgrade to a different Haven suite.  As they upgrade, their suite goes back into inventory.  The more expensive H5 has and still has 8 suites in inventory.  I expect that bid amounts to go down sometime in the near future when the H6 suites are gone.
  • Strategy:  I am keeping all of my bid offers with the idea that as folks move up, those categories may be a bid opportunity.  All my bids are very low because I am a solo traveler so also my odds are low.  

Now, as some many folks have mentions, all you can do is wait especially if you choose a lower bid.  

Cruise well everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

Did you price the Haven Courtyard Suites before you called? I was curious if the 700pp plus your original fare was less than the going rate online for the HCS.

the above method was interesting so i tried it. looked at the 2br on my cruise and there were 3 left. went back out. looked at balcony. then back to haven . still showed the 3 remaining 2 beds there. then went to look at the haven aft. one was left. went back out and both 2br and aft now said sold out

doubt 4 cabins got booked in 1 minute. but proves you gotta keep trying . i had no idea just looking at inventory locked it up. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@aubreyc1988 I love the way you did this last booking.  Very strategic.  Much appreciate the information you provided.  As I go through this process for the first time, I am noticing all kinds of similar things happening.  

• Haven Two Bedroom Family Villas: These seem to be the suites that are most in inventory 21 days out of most recent cruises.  As we all know, there are two types of this suite. H5 (Large Balcony) and H6. 
  • Lowest Bid Amount: The H6 has the lowest bid amount at $600 and the H5 starts at $1,250.00.  
  • Inventory: At 22 days out, this morning the H6 had 7 suites in inventory.  Now it is 3 in inventory. I also noticed that two Haven categories opened up as now available. 
  • Conclusion: NCL is accepting bids from Haven Guest to upgrade to a different Haven suite.  As they upgrade, their suite goes back into inventory.  The more expensive H5 has and still has 8 suites in inventory.  I expect that bid amounts to go down sometime in the near future when the H6 suites are gone.
  • Strategy:  I am keeping all of my bid offers with the idea that as folks move up, those categories may be a bid opportunity.  All my bids are very low because I am a solo traveler so also my odds are low.  

Now, as some many folks have mentions, all you can do is wait especially if you choose a lower bid.  

Cruise well everyone. 

the next time I cruise in the Haven, I will use this method as well. Book in lowest category with pricing and a room I am OK with, and move my way up as pricing for other categories decrease as sailing gets near. This can't be a thing unique to the pandemic. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

the above method was interesting so i tried it. looked at the 2br on my cruise and there were 3 left. went back out. looked at balcony. then back to haven . still showed the 3 remaining 2 beds there. then went to look at the haven aft. one was left. went back out and both 2br and aft now said sold out

doubt 4 cabins got booked in 1 minute. but proves you gotta keep trying . i had no idea just looking at inventory locked it up. 

crazy right, I learned the hard way not to click all the way through and talk to my TA FIRST 

• Haha 1

OH, another pointer, sometimes this works, depends on inventory...let's say you click through the sailing and you lock up a 2 bedroom courtyard and it now shows as sold out...go back out to the cabin categories, go to a Haven Forward Facing, click through and go to "Choose another cabin".  This will take you to "Forward/Mid/Aft", then select Mid. It will usually say + $X. Then the mid selection will actually take you to the 2 bedroom courtyard room, even though on the main page it shows it is sold out. 

(the above scenario is an example and can be used on other categories) 

*using different browsers/incognito mode/other IPs can impact what you see as well* 

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Magsthecapp said:

Thanks for the tips I just called and got us upgraded from a B6 to an HH on the 3/19 Joy sailing for $658, about half of what my bid was. A ton more room for the 4 of us and our first time in the Haven!

Are they giving you deals on the phone? When I call they won’t budge off the website prices.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

was the h2 available when you put in the bid. both categories of DOS are sold out the past month on my getaway 3/6 but i still bid pretty high on the h2. would be nice.  both categories were available to bid on. im in 2br so those are my only options to bid on

Yes it was available.

22 hours ago, gigem_aggies said:

May I ask what you bid and when you placed the bid?

We sail on the Breakaway March 13 and I am considering putting in a bid for an upgrade from a regular balcony to a spa.  It's not a make or break thing for me, so I haven't placed it yet.  But, I am tempted.  Looks like the starting bids are at $65/pp.

I put in a couple of bids, and just bid a little over the minimum.  I just booked the cruise about a month ago and received the upgrade mail within the week. I submitted my bid(s) within a day or two of receiving the mail.

We are sailing on Escape March 26 from Canaveral. Had originally booked a Haven courtyard penthouse. Had bids in place for two weeks for 2 BR and Owners suite.  Had been watching daily - and at 31 one days out, big price drop for Haven! I called to upgrade outright because the deal was amazing. Paid only $180 total for upgrade to Owners suite when my bids were 900pp and 700pp. And we paid the listed price - no negotiation. Even ended up losing the double latitudes points - oh well - small concession;( Asked the reservations agent what prompted the price drop and she said the Covid cancellation policy - many people rebooked to later. Also - there was a lot of Haven inventory available. Never bid before - so the diligence and watching was a new experience! But ended well. 
Now even more excited about FINALLY cruising again🥳 About dadgum time!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I called and did a paid upgrade in late January. It was about half the price of the upgrade bid and I was able to choose my cabin. Shortly after, my upgrade offers changed and I was able to bid on the categories above my new cabin. So yes, I was still able to bid on Haven rooms after I had chosen a paid upgrade.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Leaving on the Breakaway Sunday, anyone here anything on there upgrades? Last December we found out we won the upgrade the Monday before

Last cruise I got it the Monday before we left, so maybe today is the day for you. Fingers crossed! I hope you get it, but either way, have a great cruise 🤗🛳🤞🏻

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Leaving on the Breakaway Sunday, anyone here anything on there upgrades? Last December we found out we won the upgrade the Monday before

We leave Saturday on the Joy and still haven't heard yet.  Bid for the 2BR Large Balcony.  We currently have the Haven Suite with the slanted balcony, so I didn't want to take a chance on the standard 2BR and get a smaller balcony.  Honestly, I'm fine if we don't get it, but it is aggravating that they are willing to wait until a few days out to decide. Yesterday there were 5 cabins in that category unassigned.

We leave on the Escape Saturday, 3/5.  We have a Haven Aft Facing Penthouse and bid on an Owner's Suite.  Some of the other people we booked with had their bids for other Haven cabins accepted.  I'm wondering if they're done with all of the bids.  I'm still able to modify my bid. Does that mean I still have a chance?

26 minutes ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

We leave Saturday on the Joy and still haven't heard yet.  Bid for the 2BR Large Balcony.  We currently have the Haven Suite with the slanted balcony, so I didn't want to take a chance on the standard 2BR and get a smaller balcony.  Honestly, I'm fine if we don't get it, but it is aggravating that they are willing to wait until a few days out to decide. Yesterday there were 5 cabins in that category unassigned.

I feel your pain.  This has been a very interesting process for me as well.  I have been watching your cruise inventory every day along with my cruise on the Joy on the 19th. I know it is hard, but they usually clear all bids on Wednesday prior to the cruise leaving.  This usually happens simultaneously with the fares going down last minute. The NCL Revenue department job is to maximize sales.  You really can't blame them. The good news for you is either way you will enjoy a fantastic vacation in the Haven.

My situation is attempting to upgrade from a Solo to the Haven from a Club Balcony Suite.  My study shows me my chances are slim and none.  Fun trying though.  Enjoy your cruise and take advantage of every Haven Amenity. 

Cruise well.

1 minute ago, nikita389 said:

We leave on the Escape Saturday, 3/5.  We have a Haven Aft Facing Penthouse and bid on an Owner's Suite.  Some of the other people we booked with had their bids for other Haven cabins accepted.  I'm wondering if they're done with all of the bids.  I'm still able to modify my bid. Does that mean I still have a chance?

Yes, you still have a chance.  I hope you get it.  

Cruise well.

11 minutes ago, nikita389 said:

Owner’s suites have been sold out for some time. If someone cancels you still have a chance though.

Edited by mmgibbs7
  • Like 1