Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Question for the experts here.  We are on the Joy in May and have bids in for the 2 bedroom and DOS.  There are only 2 of us.  My question is can we add people to the reservation if we are upgraded?  The 2 that we would like to add went with us in October in a 2 bedroom.  3 or more days prior to sailing would be enough time to get all of the required TA and covid testing done.  Less than that would not give us enough time.  

I have in the past changed names in the room as close as 2 days before but I do not know about adding.  

I called NCL and got the "well that's a good question" response.  I am still waiting for a call back from last week.  

Thanks

7 hours ago, skeeter195 said:

Question for the experts here.  We are on the Joy in May and have bids in for the 2 bedroom and DOS.  There are only 2 of us.  My question is can we add people to the reservation if we are upgraded?  The 2 that we would like to add went with us in October in a 2 bedroom.  3 or more days prior to sailing would be enough time to get all of the required TA and covid testing done.  Less than that would not give us enough time.  

I have in the past changed names in the room as close as 2 days before but I do not know about adding.  

I called NCL and got the "well that's a good question" response.  I am still waiting for a call back from last week.  

Thanks

I'm no expert, but generally speaking, yes you can add people to your cabin if the cabin allows it (cabin holds 3 and you only have 2) and if the cabins around you are also not yet full. Something to do with the lifeboats and assignments or something...

We originally booked a 3br garden villa in February with only 3 guests, and were able to add on a 4th a few days later. Just had to pay the additional port charges and fees.

7 hours ago, skeeter195 said:

Thanks

I am by no means an expert at anything, just ask my wife!  I do not think you are allowed to do that.  As others have posted and hinted at, even if it is allowed, you might be limited by lifeboat capacity.  The aggregate capacity of all of the cabins assigned to a given lifeboat often exceeds the actual capacity of the lifeboat in question.  In this case, the later is the primary controlling factor.

Edited by MoCruiseFan

23 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

We’re sailing Encore next month as well. I always get the upgrade offer on NCL.com, but never an email. Ironically, we did receive those nice heavy luggage tags.  Only problem?  They haven’t assigned our cabin yet so the tags just have our names and sail date.  Somebody didn’t think that one through.  🤣

I just received my luggage tags yesterday. Just 2 days after NCL told me they were not going to mail luggage tags out and I would have to print them out when I check in. It really is amazing how many wrong answers you get from them.

10 hours ago, arthurmo said:

Just got upgrade for the 24/4 on Epic from an inside to a club balcony suite on the minimum bid. Very Happy.

Great news!  We're on the same cruise - my offer is still pending.  Keeping fingers crossed :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, g5und said:

Great news!  We're on the same cruise - my offer is still pending.  Keeping fingers crossed 🙂

First time offered upgrade. Where do you see pending status. Have confirmation email with link to modify offer but unable to see status

Thanks 👍 

2 minutes ago, jls pebbles said:

First time offered upgrade. Where do you see pending status. Have confirmation email with link to modify offer but unable to see status

Thanks 👍 

When you select 'Review your offer' you'll see the status there.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:28 PM, pamps2801 said:

I wouldn’t get to excited about the bottle of Sparkling Wine. We normally just gave it to someone. It’s worst than Baby Duck, which is bad enough. Put in a few extra $$ to buy a bottle of Champagne(not sparkling wine) at a store. and bring it on board with you, you’ll be much happier. 

Can you do this?  Bring a bottle onboard?

41 minutes ago, ChC said:

I can confirm 4 days before the cruise seems to be the normal procedure. I got mine through this morning for 24th April. Minimum bid at £60 per person for a 7 days cruise from Inside to Balcony.

It's strange.  When I checked a couple of days ago there were 19 x 2 bed haven rooms available.  It's now showing sold out online but my bid still says 'pending'.  

39 minutes ago, g5und said:

It's strange.  When I checked a couple of days ago there were 19 x 2 bed haven rooms available.  It's now showing sold out online but my bid still says 'pending'.  

It will stay pending until the bidding is all done, which is normally close of business the Friday before sail day, you still have a chance, didn’t sound like you got it the first round, but things will continue to evolve and change

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 10:45 AM, skeeter195 said:

Thanks

I am looking for the same answer! I asked my PCC consultant but haven't heard back. When I hear back, I can also let you know. Or if you find out earlier, please let me know! THANKS! 

3 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

It will stay pending until the bidding is all done, which is normally close of business the Friday before sail day, you still have a chance, didn’t sound like you got it the first round, but things will continue to evolve and change

Just checked mine again and it’s changed to ‘not eligible for upgrade’ and all upgrade options removed for our sailing on Epic this Sunday 😞  They’re probably sick of the number of refreshes I’ve done 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, g5und said:

Just checked mine again and it’s changed to ‘not eligible for upgrade’ and all upgrade options removed for our sailing on Epic this Sunday 😞  They’re probably sick of the number of refreshes I’ve done 😂

That’s pretty early for a weekend sailing since it’s only wed, but sounds like you’ll be getting the email saying you didn’t get upgraded, enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, g5und said:

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

That’s pretty early for a weekend sailing since it’s only wed, but sounds like you’ll be getting the email saying you didn’t get upgraded, enjoy your cruise!

That actually means you did NOT get upgraded.  Status changes from PENDING to PROCESSING if you win.

12 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

how many days out is the 'first round' of bids processed?