Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 6/22/2022 at 12:49 PM, Keata said:

Super excited - got an upgrade to a BA Balcony from a Studio for the minimum bid.  Best $260 CDN  I ever spent on a cruise!  Sailing the Breakaway this Sunday.

How did you book your Studio to be eligible for an upgrade? did you have to speak to someone in NCL to book or did you book online? Or through an external travel agent? Thanks! 

18 minutes ago, MBACruiser said:

Does anyone know how the upgrades work? I booked my last three cruises directly on NCL website, except maybe one through Amex, but I always took a Studio. Are Studios eligible for upgrades at all? An agent I was chatting with said I need to call to be eligible. I hate booking via phone but if that's the only way to do it I guess I would ....

See if this will let you enter your name and reservation number.  Even if you don't get the invitation to bid, you can often bid directly using this link.  

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MBACruiser said:

How did you book your Studio to be eligible for an upgrade? did you have to speak to someone in NCL to book or did you book online? Or through an external travel agent? Thanks! 

I booked the Studio directly online with NCL.  For the upgrade I received both an email to bid and it was a banner on my "summary page" for the cruise.  Do remember that you pay double for the upgrade - in this case it was $130 CDN per person so I paid $260 for the upgrade to the balconey.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, surfclam2003 said:

I got my upgrade offer email at 110 days for my 10/19 Spirit cruise. Fingers crossed for suite🙂

36 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Yes I got my offer to bid at 110 out for my oct sailing on breakaway, we shall see as the capacity continues to get higher and demand increases bids options will probably increase in price 

Good to know! We are 111 days out on the Getaway, and I am hoping for an invitation to bid. I’m not holding my breath, though, because I suspect higher and higher bids will be required as more people come back to cruising (and we have a set limit to what we’re willing to bid). Our current cabin is lovely, though, so we’ll be doing Gary’s “Haven Lite” if we don’t win an upgrade.

On 7/3/2022 at 3:17 PM, rbxlady said:

Good to know! We are 111 days out on the Getaway, and I am hoping for an invitation to bid. I’m not holding my breath, though, because I suspect higher and higher bids will be required as more people come back to cruising (and we have a set limit to what we’re willing to bid). Our current cabin is lovely, though, so we’ll be doing Gary’s “Haven Lite” if we don’t win an upgrade.

To follow up, my upgrade e-mail came around 8PM Eastern on 7/4, so on Day 110.

We are bidding into the Haven (we're booked in a club balcony "suite" w/large balcony because there are four of us), and what we thought were generous bids were "fair" on the lower end Haven suites and "poor" on the upper ones. I'm hoping the cascade of upgrades caused by our vacating a club balcony suite will work in our favor, but if we end up where we originally booked, it's totally fine with us.

What's weird is, regarding the link I keep seeing (https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/), if I go to that site and put in our reservation number and last name, it says nothing is available. But I can go back to the link in my Upgrade Advantage e-mail and see all our pending bids.

On 6/28/2022 at 6:16 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

See if this will let you enter your name and reservation number.  Even if you don't get the invitation to bid, you can often bid directly using this link.  

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL

55 minutes ago, oracer said:

Someone remind me on the upgrade page, where do l look for the Pending Status?

Just curious, do the min bids change as you get closer to sail date?  Or are they just different by sailing?  e.g. If I were to bid from inside to balcony it says min is $100pp, but meanwhile I saw above someone bid $80.  Thx

• Like 1

Just FYI: I got 3 of the 4 cabins I booked upgraded from Ocean View to balcony without even asking. One of the cabins was already a balcony, so no change there.

I think if people don't jump on those bids, they might get an upgrade anyway. I guess you have to book in the Anything(?) cabin category.

Our last cruise we were upgraded without asking or paying. We went from Ocean View (this is our standard cabin) to a huge concierge inside cabin with a cool wall screen projecting a view to the real world. We didn't miss the balcony. We did like the separate bedroom. If we could ever figure out the coffee machine, we would probably have liked it. We've never had pod coffee before.

I think (my guess) is that if you don't bid on upgrades, you might get one anyway.

11 hours ago, IMNOFUN said:

Just FYI: I got 3 of the 4 cabins I booked upgraded from Ocean View to balcony without even asking. One of the cabins was already a balcony, so no change there.

I think if people don't jump on those bids, they might get an upgrade anyway. I guess you have to book in the Anything(?) cabin category.

Our last cruise we were upgraded without asking or paying. We went from Ocean View (this is our standard cabin) to a huge concierge inside cabin with a cool wall screen projecting a view to the real world. We didn't miss the balcony. We did like the separate bedroom. If we could ever figure out the coffee machine, we would probably have liked it. We've never had pod coffee before.

I think (my guess) is that if you don't bid on upgrades, you might get one anyway.

How is ocean view to an inside an upgrade?

I have an aft cabin on a 14 night Panama Canal cruise on Breakaway so giving up this cabin can be tough but darn i do love that suite life. We are going in November so hoping for the upgrade email soon 🙂

On 7/6/2022 at 9:46 AM, rbxlady said:

To follow up, my upgrade e-mail came around 8PM Eastern on 7/4, so on Day 110.

We are bidding into the Haven (we're booked in a club balcony "suite" w/large balcony because there are four of us), and what we thought were generous bids were "fair" on the lower end Haven suites and "poor" on the upper ones. I'm hoping the cascade of upgrades caused by our vacating a club balcony suite will work in our favor, but if we end up where we originally booked, it's totally fine with us.

What's weird is, regarding the link I keep seeing (https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/), if I go to that site and put in our reservation number and last name, it says nothing is available. But I can go back to the link in my Upgrade Advantage e-mail and see all our pending bids.

What is the bid range?