Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Hi, first time cruising on NCL.  Any help/guidance is appreciated.

I'm on the 5/14/23 Norwegian Joy from NYC to Bermuda (7 day).  I'm currently in a M4 club balcony room.  I would love to try for The Haven Aft-facing Penthouse with Balcony (or Larger Balcony).  The bid range is $600pp to $2000pp.  Fair starts at $900pp, Good starts at $1250pp, Strong starts at $1600pp.

1. What do you think is a good offer to make for this room type?
  2. I see this cruise is sold out.  Does that mean my bid only matters if someone cancels this room type?  Therefore I shouldn't get my hopes up?
  3. There are other upgrade types that aren't as good.  Will bidding for those ruin my chances of getting the Aft-facing upgrade?

Any other advice/help is appreciated.  Thank you,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, komplex said:

Hi, first time cruising on NCL.  Any help/guidance is appreciated.

I'm on the 5/14/23 Norwegian Joy from NYC to Bermuda (7 day).  I'm currently in a M4 club balcony room.  I would love to try for The Haven Aft-facing Penthouse with Balcony (or Larger Balcony).  The bid range is $600pp to $2000pp.  Fair starts at $900pp, Good starts at $1250pp, Strong starts at $1600pp.

1. What do you think is a good offer to make for this room type?
  2. I see this cruise is sold out.  Does that mean my bid only matters if someone cancels this room type?  Therefore I shouldn't get my hopes up?
  3. There are other upgrade types that aren't as good.  Will bidding for those ruin my chances of getting the Aft-facing upgrade?

Any other advice/help is appreciated.  Thank you,

Max is your only hope.

Yes if someone cancels

No it will not ruin anything. They only care about money.

Not to rain on your parade but you must take into account all those already in Haven who paid way much more. Those in a deluxe haven would rather have the aft haven so they will bid also along with the other higher categories. Add up what they paid and add a bid. They already may be higher overall.

Your best option is bid on lowest Haven's.

On 4/20/2023 at 4:30 PM, emnsmom said:
  • Has anyone ever won an upgrade, charged a higher amount, and then been able to get a refund of the difference between what bid was accepted and what was charged to your card?

No!  When you complete the bidding process, you acknowledge that you have read, and agree to, the Terms and Conditions.

4 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Max is your only hope.

Yes if someone cancels

Not to rain on your parade but you must take into account all those already in Haven who paid way much more. Those in a deluxe haven would rather have the aft haven so they will bid also along with the other higher categories. Add up what they paid and add a bid. They already may be higher overall.

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.  I'll take a look at the other Haven rooms.  

Is Haven worth it?

We received an upgrade from a Club Balcony to a 2-br Deluxe Family Suite and were notified one week prior to sail date. The original lowest bid option was $650, and the original lowest bid amount for the Haven 2-br was - I believe - $660. Over the course of the last several weeks, the minimum for both dropped to around $500.

Last Sunday, during the 'live' phase, we had a $650 bid in for the 2-br Deluxe Family and a $750 for the Haven 2-br.  A mock reservation showed one of the Deluxe Family suites left and four of the Havens. Suddenly the 'update your bid' page looked different than it had the day before, and at the top it said I was in the lead on the Haven bid. It wouldn't allow me to make a change to the other one at that time. Within the hour, we were no longer leading for the 2-br Haven, and the Deluxe Family Suite also said we had been outbid. I bumped both bids up by $10, and neither showed us as being in the lead at those amounts. However, the next morning we received notice that our $660/pp for the 2-br Family Deluxe was a winner. There will be four of us in the suite, so ultimately the upgrade will have been $330/pp.

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2023 at 8:52 PM, ronheg said:

You can also accumulate 30,000 points and then get a free upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony.  To get 30,000 points you need to spend $10,000 with NCL.  We book two cruises and then have enough to upgrade.  You can also reserve an oceanview and make you final payment including DSC and let it post to the ncl credit card then call and upgrade your cabin. This strategy works best on the older ships.  It’s easy to save $1500 per person.  On the larger ships we save around $500 per person.

What’s DSC mean? Thanks

We bid early and I changed our bids yesterday for our June 19, 2023 cruise and 

both rooms were accepted yesterday 53 days out.  
went from two club balconies to 2 Bedroom deluxe family suite with balcony  and forward facing penthouse with large balcony. 
Bid  range was on lower side

we are very excited. 

• Like 3

Just now, PhillyTravelBug said:

We are 110 days out and just got the offer for our Prima trip. Currently booked at a spa balcony room and I don't want to lose the thermal spa pass.  Is there really options for an upgrade?

Spa haven is only option.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, depplep said:

This is my first cruise on NCL in October on Encore. I don't see any upgrades in my reservation other than dining and beverage. Do you have to be past final payment to be offered an upgrade?

In addition to what @complawyersaid above, the bid upgrades offers,IME, usually only come out 2-3 months out, for us closer to 2 than 3.

hang tight!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 1:12 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

Max is your only hope.

Yes if someone cancels

We are in the haven Gateway 80 days out    First time sailing NCL AFT. Penthouse we got an invitation to bid for the owners penthouse 

only 2 available both open at this time  we bid. $700 above the minimum p/p. What you think our chances 

we are ok with our cabin but its a bit far to the haven proper

Thank you in advance 

4 hours ago, depplep said:

This is my first cruise on NCL in October on Encore. I don't see any upgrades in my reservation other than dining and beverage. Do you have to be past final payment to be offered an upgrade?

Bids come out after final due date. 

I have looked and looked and I cannot figure this out. I have put a bid in for an upgrade. I want to look at how many staterooms are left in that category. I try to do a mock booking. When I click on the stateroom I want, it assigns me a room and goes straight to payment. 

This happened when I booked my current room too. NCL assigned us a room rather than letting me pick one myself. Is there a way to look at what staterooms are left specifically? I must be missing something.Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seminole1975 said:

I have looked and looked and I cannot figure this out. I have put a bid in for an upgrade. I want to look at how many staterooms are left in that category. I try to do a mock booking. When I click on the stateroom I want, it assigns me a room and goes straight to payment. 

This happened when I booked my current room too. NCL assigned us a room rather than letting me pick one myself. Is there a way to look at what staterooms are left specifically? I must be missing something.Thanks in advance.

Does it say Guarentee? If not look below and it should say choose a differant cabin. If neither are there mean may be the last one in that cateory 

• Thanks 1

I just got an upgrade today for our May 24 sailing on the Spirit.  It was from Balcony to Aft Facing Owner’s Suite.  We are very excited about it as we’ve never had a suite of any sort, although I suspect we bid more than necessary. 
We are doing Back-to-back cruises, heading back from Seward to Vancouver after this cruise, so unfortunately this will mean we need to pack and switch cabins.  I wonder if there is any chance the butler would arrange to help us move…..pushing my luck?

• Like 1