Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 5/11/2023 at 9:46 AM, SEA DOGY said:

May I ask how much minimum/max to bid for the Owner's Penthouse 

Thanks  in advance 

Hubby and I went from an ocean view to a balcony for $210 pp.  This is for the Getaway in May 2023.

Our daughter has a balcony room with her sisters (happy graduation, sweetheart) and was offered $1700 pp to bid to the owner's suite.

We have just had both stateroom upgraded from Inside to Family Outside, £80pp on the Getaway, sailing in June from Rome

Very happy, the square footage is twice as big, and rooms have sofas and bathtubs as well as large picture window. Additionally the rooms are next door to each other.  I would have been happy with the inside cabin, of course, but am very pleased with the upgrade. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Aprilfoolx said:

Upgraded from interior to balcony on Jewel in Alaska this July. Bid was $200 total (lowest bid). Feeling like we won the jackpot!

Thank you for reporting and congratulations.   We will be on the Jewel in August and it is the first time I am interested in bidding for an upgrade. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you for reporting and congratulations.   We will be on the Jewel in August and it is the first time I am interested in bidding for an upgrade. 

Definitely give it a shot! We were on a budget and wanted to put more money towards excursions so initially we opted for the interior room. But given the chance to upgrade for $200 seemed like a no brainer! I wasn't really expecting to be picked but it was a nice surprise!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

$200 PP.  

That sounds like a decent deal.  That said, it's likely above what I will pay to go from inside to balcony.  I've done so twice, but it didn't cost that much.  Enjoy your cruise!  Bliss is a great ship.  

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

I sail on Joy this coming Sunday. 3 hours ago, I got an email seeing that my bid  from inside cabin to balcony was pending.  Considering we are 36 hours from boarding, I got excited because it is the bare minimum bid.  I have been reading on this thread, so I did a mock lookup and at first it gave a price for the Balcony, but when I clicked on it, it came back and said it was sold out,  I don’t think I am getting it after all. Bummers….

2 hours ago, Wubbajk said:

I sail on Joy this coming Sunday. 3 hours ago, I got an email seeing that my bid  from inside cabin to balcony was pending.  Considering we are 36 hours from boarding, I got excited because it is the bare minimum bid.  I have been reading on this thread, so I did a mock lookup and at first it gave a price for the Balcony, but when I clicked on it, it came back and said it was sold out,  I don’t think I am getting it after all. Bummers….

Have you checked your credit card for a pending transaction?

2 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Have you checked your credit card for a pending transaction?

Yes I  did and no pending charges.  We have only been on a few cruises and any other time I tried (which have not been many), I never got an email.  I got so excited.  Regardless, it is just the hubby and I and will enjoy the cruise as we did not bring our kids!!!!

• Like 2

Upgraded on the Getaway, 21 days out, on the Lisbon to Rome from a balcony to a club balcony suite for $140.  Was hoping to bid on the Haven but all cabins above club balcony were already sold out.

April 9: Booked Jewel Vancouver to Seward May 15-22, 2023, Sail Away Inside with 0% single supplement
April 11: Received the Upgrade Advantage email
April 13: Bid $100
April 18: Bid accepted

I read that Alaska Inside Passage is *the* cruise for a Balcony, so I bid double the minimum $50 and didn't bid on Oceanview out of fear of getting an Obstructed.

As soon as my bid was accepted, suspecting overall occupancy was light, I called in to see if an Accessible Balcony was available. Sadly, I qualify and had already submitted the requested Special Needs form days before, and was given an Accessible Balcony on Deck 9 Aft. 

All said and done, I booked for $514 plus the 2 x $100 upgrade and was absolutely thrilled.

Screenshot 2023-05-29 9.45.14 PM.png

• Like 6