Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

4 minutes ago, TfromBC said:

First time NCL cruiser and first solo, doing B2B cruises from Vancouver > Seward > Vancouver. I booked a GTY balcony and got my room assignment yesterday: category BA on Deck 11 (two different cabins) for both legs of the journey. 

I also got the upgrade Email, so I took a look today just out of curiosity. I'm guessing they start lower when you're going from inside to OV or OV to balcony, yes? Because the lowest starting point for any of the cabins I was presented with was $725. Given that I'm sailing solo, that means $1,500 minimum.

Is the minimum also on a sliding scale? (i.e., the closer to the sail date if they're not full, will they lower the starting bid?) A girl can dream... Hahaha.

Thanks!

Terry

They have been known to offer discounts on bids closer to sailing but it's not common.

On the Jewel later this summer, Seward to Vancouver, my original bid amount was $300 ($150x2) from OV to balcony. Minimum might have been a bit lower, I don't remember for sure, I just upgraded using my CC points (worth $300) and cancelled the bid.

Now that I am in a balcony, the offers are $75 for Club Balcony, $650 for suites/penthouse, $1000 or more for Haven. That's the pp amount, so final cost would be double.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, julig22 said:

They have been known to offer discounts on bids closer to sailing but it's not common.

On the Jewel later this summer, Seward to Vancouver, my original bid amount was $300 ($150x2) from OV to balcony. Minimum might have been a bit lower, I don't remember for sure, I just upgraded using my CC points (worth $300) and cancelled the bid.

Now that I am in a balcony, the offers are $75 for Club Balcony, $650 for suites/penthouse, $1000 or more for Haven. That's the pp amount, so final cost would be double.

That's interesting. We're in a balcony and the lowest bid was $650 pp. for Haven, which I bid, knowing we won't get it for that price. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, depplep said:

That's interesting. We're in a balcony and the lowest bid was $650 pp. for Haven, which I bid, knowing we won't get it for that price. 

Same ship/itinerary?

It does make you wonder how they set the minimum bids- I actually paid for an OV but I'm upgraded to a balcony - it's probably considered a semi-courtesy upgrade.  But the bid options for the upgrade is obviously based on the upgraded cabin - otherwise there wouldn't be any bid opportunity for Haven.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, depplep said:

Could be because I'm being quoted in CAD $$ - the rate of exchange right now is about 1.32, so about USD $550 upgrade start point.

I'm pretty happy with the cabins I got on my bucket-list trip of a lifetime. 🙂

Seven days to go! Happy sailing, all! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Congratulations and thank you for reporting.   Do you know if there were a lot of balcony cabins left before you received the upgrade?

I checked before hand and there were about 40 balcony cabins available. I initially bid on a suite, but then added a balcony cabin also. (There were no more suites when I checked the number of balcony cabins left. I’m guessing my bid was too low for the suite.)

13 hours ago, julig22 said:

Great deal on your upgrade!   I am still all over the place.   While I am willing to pay upright for the upgrade, my husband is willing to pay $0 for any upgrade on this cruise.   He seems to think we spent way too much money on our cruise this past March and we have two booked for next year.  

1 minute ago, meanjean80 said:

Question on upgrades for the group...I am traveling 3 to a cabin...I know the charge is per person, and it says only the first two guests will be charged...can I assume guest three is just moved automatically?

Yes.   

I just booked an inside cabin for two on the epic for a busy expensive week Dec 31 to Jan 7 2023. I really want a balcony but that’s an additional 980 (C$) now. There are no ocean view on this ship. As it’s a popular week, what are the chances of getting an upgrade for less than the current $980? Not sure what to do. 

@dwr777 - typically, you can check on bidding availabilities within 90+ days, sometimes more than 100 days out, of embarkation for your specific cruise.  It used be less than 90 days, I think at the 80 days countdown mark before the bidding option to upgrade - with the rules & disclosure fineprints, etc. etc.   Good luck ! 

4 hours ago, Ozzyrosie said:

I just booked an inside cabin for two on the epic for a busy expensive week Dec 31 to Jan 7 2023. I really want a balcony but that’s an additional 980 (C$) now. There are no ocean view on this ship. As it’s a popular week, what are the chances of getting an upgrade for less than the current $980? Not sure what to do. 

Probably zero as people will book them because it's a busy week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dwr777 said:

When I add my reservation details under the upgrade area on the app, it says my reservation isn’t found.  Any ideas why? 

You just booked it?  Give it a few days. You will probably get an email to bid.

If you didn't just book it, I would call as that is odd then.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 1:49 AM, dwr777 said:

When I add my reservation details under the upgrade area on the app, it says my reservation isn’t found.  Any ideas why? 

Not everyone gets the option to bid. For me, I can if I sail with RC but not with NCL. I book with the same TA.

Sometimes depending on who you book with, you won't get thr option. 

11 hours ago, User34 said:

Has anyone on the Jewel for Aug 14-21 Seward to Vancouver, received an upgrade yet?

Thank you

Dana

5 hours ago, huskerfan100 said:

No.  Still waiting to find out.

We are two weeks after you both so please report back any news.   Hopefully,  you will hear soon. 

I was shocked today to find out I won an upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony for our Canada cruise on the Sky, 49 days before sailing.  We bid the max $350/pp.  It is still $3000 less than what we would have paid outright for a balcony cabin on the cruise.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, JasonInPlano said:

I was shocked today to find out I won an upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony for our Canada cruise on the Sky, 49 days before sailing.  We bid the max $350/pp.  It is still $3000 less than what we would have paid outright for a balcony cabin on the cruise.

Why would ou be shocked if you bid the maximum amount? I would be chocked if my minimum bid was accepted? 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1