NCL PCR/Antigen testing policy in 72 hrs prior to cruise

emerald6273

3 hours ago, Manchestergirl1972 said:

Hi, I contacted ncl via webchat on this very topic yesterday as I will be Spain on 27th, prior to returning to UK that day and then leaving UK for Italy on the 28th to board Epic on 29th. I am doing a self administered antigen with validation and certification by a UK government approved 3rd party in Spain to return to the UK, which will fall within the 72hr window of embarking Epic - I don't want to.pay for another test if necessary so I asked for confirmation that this test would be acceptable even though it was self administered but 3rd party validated as it was acceptable for the UK and Italian governments,  the agent confirmed on webchat that it would be acceptable. I have kept a copy of the transcript and will be taking it with me along with the third party certificate. 

I was told this morning by NCL that a UK Government approved self test Antigen test for travel wouldn't be accepted by NCL. They said it had to be Antigen Test physically carried out by the third party. Wish NCL were consistent with information disseminated to passengers.

Edited by emerald6273
Additional
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, emerald6273 said:

I was told this morning by NCL that a UK Government approved self test Antigen test for travel wouldn't be accepted by NCL. They said it had to be Antigen Test physically carried out by the third party. Wish NCL were consistent with information disseminated to passengers.

thats what they said on the document they emailed out 21 days before sailing so pretty consistent.

Who is in Lockdown? Not Spain, Not Italy,  We booked our vacation understanding it was a fully vaccinated cruise. We were sold that we wouldn't need masks and we would be able to explore freely on our own.

I understand things change and now we are required to wear masks indoors and only leave the ship on excursions through NCL and I've excepted it. 

Here is the info I received from the insurance company today regarding refunds if you test positive . If you test positive for COVID you are sick and you must quarantine, hence you are covered. Of course a doctor would have to confirm you have Covid.   

NCL Standard insurance

TRIP CANCELLATION

The Company will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, if You are prevented from taking Your Trip for any of the following reasons that are Unforeseen and takes place after the Effective Date:

Your Sickness, Accidental Injury or death that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise to cancel the Trip on or before the Scheduled Departure Date;

Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a Family Member or Traveling Companion, booked to travel with You, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician preventing that person’s participation in the Trip;

Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member;

You or a Traveling Companion being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury, subpoenaed, the victim of felonious assault within ten (10) days of departure; having Your principal place of residence made Uninhabitable by fire, flood, volcano, earthquake, hurricane or other natural disaster;

You or a Traveling Companion being directly involved in a traffic accident substantiated by a police report, while en route to departure;

After one (1) year of continuous employment at the same company, You are terminated or laid-off, from full time employment by that company through no fault of Your own.

I just got off a chat with NCL because the prepare to sail page was changed yesterday but the line about UK guests was still there with no FAQ to refer to and this is the transcript 

Marianne (02/09/2021, 11:53:44): there is a bit of confusion regarding the testing requirements for UK guests 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 11:54:14): the requirement was removed last Thursday from the main FAQ page but remained on the prepare to sail page 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 11:54:49): however yesterday that was also removed but the note *Residents of the United Kingdom are required to provide additional proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test. See FAQs below.  is till ther 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 11:55:00): with no FAQ to veiw 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 11:55:07): it is very confusing 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 11:55:17): https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/prepare-for-your-cruise/2021
Marianne (02/09/2021, 11:55:47): we already plan to have a test before flying but the website update is not consistant 
NCL (02/09/2021, 11:57:33): Thank you for your request 
NCL(02/09/2021, 11:58:30): Could you please confirm your sailing date and the name of the ship? 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 11:58:45): we are sailing on the Jade on 12th September 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 11:59:36): There is no longer any FAQ aimed Specifically at UK guests 🙂
NCL (02/09/2021, 12:01:15): Yes, please let me assist 
NCL(02/09/2021, 12:07:39): Whilst pre-travel PCR/Antigen test are now a strong recommendation for all guests as opposed to compulsory – we will still only accept proof of a negative test administered by a third party. Self-tests/at home tests will not be accepted as they can be too easily falsified. 
NCL (02/09/2021, 12:08:06): Guests who choose not to have a test with above stipulations prior to travel, who then test positive for covid-19 at the port, will of course be denied boarding and will be required to cover any quarantine related costs themselves (meaning that unfortunately NCL cannot assist in this scenario). 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 12:08:56): yes that is how I read it, so this means that for UK guests it is no longer compulsory but advised as it is for all other guests, is that correct 
NCL (02/09/2021, 12:11:55): Yes, that is strongly recommended but the mandate has been removed. Please however note that you are still required to comply with any requirement of the country you are entering to embark (which may require testing). 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 12:12:22): thats great thank you, it looks like whoever updated the page forgot to remove the line 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 12:12:23): *Residents of the United Kingdom are required to provide additional proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test. See FAQs below. 
Marianne (02/09/2021, 12:13:07): We are testing anyway but just wanted confirmation 

So as I see it . From UK.  Test is not compulsory but if found positive  at the port boarding will be denied and cost will be down to the individual   .

But if I have a self test and is negative and I recieve a certificate from a govt recommended site then ncl will just ignore it and test me anyway . 

I sail jade on Sunday 

7 minutes ago, Davevics25 said:

So as I see it . From UK.  Test is not compulsory but if found positive  at the port boarding will be denied and cost will be down to the individual   .

But if I have a self test and is negative and I recieve a certificate from a govt recommended site then ncl will just ignore it and test me anyway . 

I sail jade on Sunday 

If you have a certificate I don’t see how they would know if it was a self test or not, we have booked ours at the airport 

39 minutes ago, Mrs_Reevo said:

If you have a certificate I don’t see how they would know if it was a self test or not, we have booked ours at the airport 

I agree.  Our health dept was giving test several weeks ago.  You drove in, and either they would swab for you and send it to a lab for results, or they would hand you  a kit and you could do it yourself at home.  It was then sent to the exact same lab.  Regardless of whether they sent it or you sent it, the results were emailed to you exactly the same, no indication of who administered the test.  This is all that I received.  I would then need to take it back to the health dept I guess and get it notarized by them.   Sure wouldn't fit into a 72 hour time frame.  

Hi, roger

Your COVID-19 test is complete.
Your results indicate that you are NOT infected with the virus responsible for COVID-19.