Wine with Premium Beverage Package

pbb

We are planning to travel on Edge in a Retreat cabin which provides the premium beverage package. My understanding is the package includes wine by the glass, but not bottles. So at dinner in the restaurant can you order glasses of wine to avoid the additional cost that would be incurred by ordering a bottle? Also, can you order wine by the glass to be delivered to the cabin?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Definitely not needed to order a bottle of wine , we were on edge in suite had no problem getting wine by the glass and getting refills, not sure about wine by the glass delivered to suite , I would ask butler ( actually there is a new name for butler), you also will get a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne for suite depending on what level of suite you are at .

5 minutes ago, pbb said:

So at dinner in the restaurant can you order glasses of wine to avoid the additional cost that would be incurred by ordering a bottle? Also, can you order wine by the glass to be delivered to the cabin?

Yes, absolutely, that is by far the best way to go.

Just let the Sommelier know if you want to keep within the package price or if you are willing to go a little over and they will be happy to assist with selections that keep within your preferred limit.

The package does not cover glasses of wine delivered to the cabin though.

14 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Yes, absolutely, that is by far the best way to go.

Just let the Sommelier know if you want to keep within the package price or if you are willing to go a little over and they will be happy to assist with selections that keep within your preferred limit.

The package does not cover glasses of wine delivered to the cabin though.

The package does not cover glasses of wine delivered to the cabin though. Unle$$ you have a special agreement with your butler.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pbb said:

We are planning to travel on Edge in a Retreat cabin which provides the premium beverage package. My understanding is the package includes wine by the glass, but not bottles. So at dinner in the restaurant can you order glasses of wine to avoid the additional cost that would be incurred by ordering a bottle? Also, can you order wine by the glass to be delivered to the cabin?

Chat with the sommelier in Luminae and s/he will not steer you wrong with the by the glass choices. They will sell by the bottle as well and keep your bottle corked and separate. If a wine is available anywhere on board by the glass, you can get it in the Retreat lounge or Luminae, might take a bit to get a bottle, but once they have it they will store for you.

in Luminae, they have pairings in mind for appetizers and entrees, and there were only a couple over the course of a week that were not quite good.
Also, if you have any thought to do a wine tasting, buy it from your sommelier, they ge5 a little credit and you get better service the rest of the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pbb said:

If the server asks for your wine order, ask that they send the sommelier over.  Then you can tell them what you would like in a wine and that you have the premium package (won't be uncommon in Luminae).  They should be able to find something to your liking by the glass.

And even if you drink the entire bottle (or several bottles among the entire party), and even if your glass is never empty before the sommelier refills it, it's still "by the glass" and covered by the package 🙂

• Like 2

We had a wonderful sommelier in the Luminae on Summit (Genesis).  She made excellent suggestions based on our tastes and what we were ordering, and she was happy to give us tastes of different options when we could not decide.  We never thought about buying a bottle over the week-long cruise.  Not once.

You'll probably discover that the published wine list won't line up with the actual inventory, though.  While that's something that always can happen, it's especially the case right now.  Do not be distraught, though.  There were plenty of excellent options, published or not.

My wife and I have almost always let the Sommelier chose for us. 

I inform her/him of what our normal preferences are and what we plan to have in the way of food.  Most often after the second or third night we have picked a wine that we drink for the rest of the cruise. We are not very picky and my taste in wine tends to be most anything red with alcohol in it, except port.  

we are currently on Millenium, in a Suite with the premium package.  Yes, you get unlimited wine by the glass in the Retreat Lounge, Luminae, etc.  What we did find, is that the quality of the wine since the re-sailing is not quite as good as it once was,.  a little disappointing.  

One night in the MDR, we were the only table drinking a particular wine. With 4 of us having the same, the sommelier would come to the table with a freshly opened bottle and leave with an empty one whenever one of us was running low.  "no sense leaving with any when you're the only table drinking this one".  Worked for us 🙂

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

we are currently on Millenium, in a Suite with the premium package.  Yes, you get unlimited wine by the glass in the Retreat Lounge, Luminae, etc.  What we did find, is that the quality of the wine since the re-sailing is not quite as good as it once was,.  a little disappointing.  

We are scheduled to join the Millennium on September 17th and also will be in a suite.  Since we enjoy wine I am rather distressed by your assessment that the quality of the offered wines has declined.  Oh well .......

33 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We are scheduled to join the Millennium on September 17th and also will be in a suite.  Since we enjoy wine I am rather distressed by your assessment that the quality of the offered wines has declined.  Oh well .......

I hope you have a better experience.....

1 minute ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

I hope you have a better experience.....

I have to ask -- are you primarily drinking reds or whites?  We enjoy reds, and if a decent malbec is in stock can make do.  During pre-covid times we spent 60 to 90 days on Celebrity ships so are familiar with what was generally onboard.  

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

We were just on the Summit. They had many of the same wines we enjoyed on the Equinox when we last sailed it two years ago. Even though they were provisioning mainly out of Barbados instead of Florida. 

5 minutes ago, lhsail said:

We were just on the Summit. They had many of the same wines we enjoyed on the Equinox when we last sailed it two years ago. Even though they were provisioning mainly out of Barbados instead of Florida. 

Thank you for the update.  Since the beverage menus are fairly standard across the fleet I will hold onto hope.  But since we haven't been on a ship since the global suspension started on March 20, 2020 when we left the Solstice in the South Pacific we will be happy to enjoy anything while on the ocean.  I might even be happy to enjoy a can of orange Fanta as long as we are on a ship!

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

I have to ask -- are you primarily drinking reds or whites?  We enjoy reds, and if a decent malbec is in stock can make do.  During pre-covid times we spent 60 to 90 days on Celebrity ships so are familiar with what was generally onboard.  

I wish I could remember the name of the malbec we had in the Steakhouse on the Edge in March of 2020. It was by the glass on the premium package and was quite good, but I failed to at noting what it was. 

1 hour ago, D C said:

I wish I could remember the name of the malbec we had in the Steakhouse on the Edge in March of 2020. It was by the glass on the premium package and was quite good, but I failed to at noting what it was. 

Hello, D C. 

We meet again, on a completely different subject.

Sorry that we have no info about the Edge Steakhouse's Malbec ... but it could be the same as the Malbec very recently reported as being served aboard the Equinox (and on the Premium package at $12 per glass).  It is Alta Vista, from Mendoza, Argentina.  We took note, because we too enjoy a good Malbec.