Gem Reboot Review Links

Bartfast

Thanks for the review!  I'm going in a few weeks and the outlet situation is always good to know.  My buddy uses a CPAP, so it looks like I may need to bring an extension cord.  Would you happen to have the Freestyle Dailies by any chance?  Or at least the party themes, so I can bring appropriate attire 🙂

1 hour ago, Bartfast said:

Hi, I sailed on the first Gem cruise in only a year to the Western Caribbean. Here's my review. I am interested to read other reviews from my cruise and subsequent Gem cruises.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed, thorough review.   (We love the Gem, have sailed on her four times, and gladly would again.)  And thank you for your work in healthcare; I'm sure the last nearly two years have been even more difficult. Happy Anniversary, and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! 

I have a question for you: in your review you said: "There were also handwashing stations everywhere on the ship, including at the entrance to every restaurant and venue, with crew cheerfully reminding you to wash your hands; that was a great idea. "   Pre-pandemic, the Gem (unlike some newer ships) had no such handwashing stations, she did have hand sanitizer dispensers as well as crew squirting folks with hand sanitizers.   So are there actually sinks with running water now?   (Which would be great.)

And one other question, out of curiosity about language use -- I know you live in Connecticut, but I'm wondering whether you are British.  In describing your dolphin tour, you said "It was brilliant."  That's a wonderful British expression that I've never heard an American use, so I'm just curious.  😃

Thanks again for the review!

This was the kind of handwashing I meant, "she did have hand sanitizer dispensers as well as crew squirting folks with hand sanitizers." That's what the Gem has at the entrance to all venues and also every port has on the pier before you can enter the port. As for brilliant, I lived in the UK for a bit, so I picked up that bloody annoying phrase. 😉

57 minutes ago, Bartfast said:

This was the kind of handwashing I meant, "she did have hand sanitizer dispensers as well as crew squirting folks with hand sanitizers." That's what the Gem has at the entrance to all venues and also every port has on the pier before you can enter the port.

Thanks for the clarification on "handwashing stations."  I was hoping (but certainly did not think) that somehow, during the past year-plus, NCL had figured out a way to install some real handwashing stations, at least outside the buffet, as are commonly seen now on new builds and "revolutionized" ships like the Celebrity Summit (photo below from entrance to the buffet).  That would have been brilliant.  😉

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQZnyLNrbb6Mk91Qr9E3AmEV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569505448

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mma__leanne said:

Thanks for the review!  I'm going in a few weeks and the outlet situation is always good to know.  My buddy uses a CPAP, so it looks like I may need to bring an extension cord.  Would you happen to have the Freestyle Dailies by any chance?  Or at least the party themes, so I can bring appropriate attire 🙂

I rereviewed the newsletters and there is nothing in there about themes. I don't recall any, either. 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, mma__leanne said:

Oh bummer!  My favorites are the White Hot / GLOW parties.  Thanks for the info 🙂

Oh, it helps to know what the themed events are called. There was a "glow party" on day 6. "White hot diamond night" on day 5. Several Latin dance and karaoke events. "80s dance party" and "Thriller flash mob" on day 2. 

• Like 1