Encore-Alaska-Oct 2nd to Oct 9th, 2021

graphicguy

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

@mking8288…..good to see?  Hear?  Read?…..you’re back in here.  Also glad to hear you’re jumping back in teh cruise saddle again.  Hopefully, we’ll sail again together in the near future.

GF brought it to my attention that in our household of her, me and 2 dogs, she’s the only one that’s gainfully employed (for probably another 9 years).  Speaking of the GF, I was getting ready to post a pic of us last night at Cagney’s.  She politely?  Firmly?  Emphatically, made me promise not to post any more pics of her on CC, given she didn’t get a chance to color her hair and get it styled before we left.  As I told her, “you’re blonde…no one can tell where you’re grey hairs are unless I tell them.”  Blackmail is a good tool.

Anyway, I will abide by her wishes given her employment status.

Hysterical and duly cautionary!

• Haha 1

Forgot to mention,  crew are all wearing masks.  I think I’ve seen 3 passengers wearing them.

“Brrree cold” and wet on the go cart track.  Made it more fun as I never spun out, but got the cart to get a little tail happy.

No wait.  Walked right up.  I had the fastest laps in our group.  

Enjoyed it quite a bit!

FFEC16F5-EBE9-452A-B6FF-4F6099BAC4E8.jpeg

7B8FB7FD-487F-437F-A973-3CCA3D0CA5F3.jpeg

D382C5EF-F324-4629-AF94-D1813C56A857.jpeg

0F6430FA-64A5-4798-AEFA-D6D596A6B6A7.jpeg

• Like 8

Thanks for posting the dailies; always love to see them. Nice that Canvas by U is available once again.

Have they resumed leaving the dailies in rooms, or do you have to grab paper copies from guest services?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

Thanks for posting the dailies; always love to see them. Nice that Canvas by U is available once again.

Have they resumed leaving the dailies in rooms, or do you have to grab paper copies from guest services?

Yep…Dailies in the room!  Yay!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:
1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:

Nice that Canvas by U is available once again.

Be sure to sign up ASAP if you want to do this.  We missed out on our 9/11 sailing as both sessions were full.  Not sure if you can do it in advance, but find out when and where and be there early if you want to do it.  Only about 20 spots available on 2 days on our sailing which may be different now of course.

• Like 1

Not sure how much more posting I can do.   Internet is good on board.  On the other hand, CC, for some reason is very “kludgy” and very difficult to sign in to and post!

Thanks for following!

6311019D-8997-4963-8B65-FF2654B68F66.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure how much more posting I can do.   Internet is good on board.  On the other hand, CC, for some reason is very “kludgy” and very difficult to sign in to and post!

Posted by @sid_9169 and others that clearing your cookies and refreshing your screen helps. Worth a try.  We want/need more postings from you.  👏

• Like 4

3 deck rose buds???? Must admit we spent several cocktail sessions trying to figure out what that thing was. Remember the old movie, Invasion of the Body Snatchers? Looks like those pods, LOL. Mary

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Posted by @sid_9169 and others that clearing your cookies and refreshing your screen helps. Worth a try.  We want/need more postings from you.  👏

Thanks!  Did that.  Back on the site.  Weird that none of my other internet activity was affected, just CC!

We’re pulling into Icy Straight Point.  Beautiful today….mid 40ºF weather, too.

C7A71D8A-30EE-442B-B699-73AB4BBAE7F8.jpeg

AD91C40F-0FEE-40EE-AEF3-A0D6668B9C5E.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks for following!

You know my questions are coming and/or going to follow per your comment - I am guessing that you upgraded to the unlimited package at a nominal cost - streaming or basic, non-streaming, and various options (always useful/informative for others for their upcoming cruise(s))

I am forwarding some of the post links with food pictures (nice camera lens) to share - looks very appetizing and that's a win-win.  Weather looks great, aside from the colder temperature as one should expect - spotting any marine life, migratory whales, etc. nearby. 

Again, thanks for taking the time to post and share, including your GF for her patience.  

P.S.  That's a very nice & beautiful plate full of treats in the cabin, waiting ... is that a daily one for these suites, Latitude Desk still doing the welcome back strawberries ? 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, libtrek said:

3 deck rose buds???? Must admit we spent several cocktail sessions trying to figure out what that thing was. Remember the old movie, Invasion of the Body Snatchers? Looks like those pods, LOL. Mary

They change colors, too!  Love this chandelier

8B816FB8-9889-4C74-B70A-D93976D107F4.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

You know my questions are coming and/or going to follow per your comment - I am guessing that you upgraded to the unlimited package at a nominal cost - streaming or basic, non-streaming, and various options (always useful/informative for others for their upcoming cruise(s))

I am forwarding some of the post links with food pictures (nice camera lens) to share - looks very appetizing and that's a win-win.  Weather looks great, aside from the colder temperature as one should expect - spotting any marine life, migratory whales, etc. nearby. 

Again, thanks for taking the time to post and share, including your GF for her patience.  

P.S.  That's a very nice & beautiful plate full of treats in the cabin, waiting ... is that a daily one for these suites, Latitude Desk still doing the welcome back strawberries ? 

NP!😁

Yes, upgraded internet package.  Their top unlimited offering.  Wait to do it after the first day, and it’s $85.

The GF’s protestations are hollow.  She loves when I post about her.  She’s in the Spa right now.   We’ll be disembarking in about 3 hours.

Funny, the treats are the same as we used to get in the Haven last time we sailed in a Haven cabin.

Chocolate strawberries embarkation day, Canapés yesterday and cake/chocolates today.

Thanks for following!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1