Encore-Alaska-Oct 2nd to Oct 9th, 2021

graphicguy

Just a little compare and contrast, was on Celebrity Edge a couple of months ago….beautiful ship.  

Their buffet was totally served by wait staff….no self serve.

NCL…..business as usual…although NCL requires “washy-washy” at the Garden Cafe entrance,  where Celebrity does not!

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 9:52 AM, graphicguy said:

Speaking of the GF, I was getting ready to post a pic of us last night at Cagney’s.  She politely?  Firmly?  Emphatically, made me promise not to post any more pics of her on CC, given she didn’t get a chance to color her hair and get it styled before we left.  As I told her, “you’re blonde…no one can tell where you’re grey hairs are unless I tell them.”  Blackmail is a good tool.

Anyway, I will abide by her wishes given her employment status.

@graphicguy Please tell your girlfriend that she's beautiful and we would need some CIA-level magnifying equipment to see her roots or anything but perfection but, as a woman, I totally understand.  Enjoy your time together and have a fabulous cruise!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NikiPinkston said:

@graphicguy Please tell your girlfriend that she's beautiful and we would need some CIA-level magnifying equipment to see her roots or anything but perfection but, as a woman, I totally understand.  Enjoy your time together and have a fabulous cruise!

Thank you.  And, I agree with you 1,000%.  I tell her that every day!  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I believe Choir of Man is the show on the Encore.  At least, that’s what we’re booked to see later this week.

Well both should be playing.  On the 9/4 I was on, both were canceled all week which wasn’t great.  The fact Kinky Boots has now had multiple weeks worth of shows canceled - presumably due to COVID - is really not good at all.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

Well both should be playing.  On the 9/4 I was on, both were canceled all week which wasn’t great.  The fact Kinky Boots has now had multiple weeks worth of shows canceled - presumably due to COVID - is really not good at all.  

Only Choir of Man was advertised on my booking.  Never saw anything related to “Kinky Boots” on my cruise.

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I believe Choir of Man is the show on the Encore.  At least, that’s what we’re booked to see later this week.

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

The main Broadway type show on the Encore is Kinky Boots.  It started up about a month ago but was down for a week or two due to covid protocols.  This week it is down again, most likely due to covid protocols.  Choir of Man is the other show on the Encore.

23 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Cool.  You’re going to love it.  Rumor on the ship is yours may be the last Alaska sailing until the Encore moves to the Caribbean.

If you possibly have a chance to confirm that rumor, those of us on the 16th sailing are getting nervous now all of a sudden!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baxter68 said:

If you possibly have a chance to confirm that rumor, those of us on the 16th sailing are getting nervous now all of a sudden!

It’s back on the website for sale so it doesn’t look like it’s canceled! It was off the website yesterday but it’s back this morning. Happy cruising!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

The main Broadway type show on the Encore is Kinky Boots.  It started up about a month ago but was down for a week or two due to covid protocols.  This week it is down again, most likely due to covid protocols.  Choir of Man is the other show on the Encore.

Never heard anything about Kinky Boots.  Never saw it advertised by NCL for this cruise.  

Choir of Man is their main Broadway show on our sailing!  Really looking forward to it because it is very good.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Never heard anything about Kinky Boots.  Never saw it advertised by NCL for this cruise.  

Choir of Man is their main Broadway show on our sailing!  Really looking forward to it because it is very good.

I was on Encore last week. We booked both shows. Kinky Boots went on (it was very good) but Choir of Man was cancelled later in the week. They mentioned something about personnel issues.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Choir of Man is Great!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Choir of Man is Great!

Looking forward to it.  Have heard. nOthing but great things about it!

I know NCL switches out shows every few years.  With the shutdown, I’m sure things became discombobulated.  Happy Choir of Man was assigned to our sailing!

• Like 2