Updated Celebrity testing requirements eff 9/13/21

MartinsCruise

15 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure.  They're making it sound like if you want the "home" test you have to get it from them, and have it supervised by their outlet.

Otherwise, it's the PCR and Antigen tests offered by the pharmacies and/or recognized medical outlets.

Probably not a bad idea to contact Celebrity for clarification.  It would be a bummer if you show up at the pier with one of those home tests that they reject because it was unsupervised or it was not purchased through Celebrity.

Celebrity started accepting these tests weeks ago. The tests are sold in 6 packs from eMed and 2 or 3 packs from another company that people have mentioned here. I did this test, through eMed and the Navica app, on August 25 and it was READILY ACCEPTED at the port for my August 28 Edge sailing. I would be surprised if they suddenly forced people to purchase from them. I hope they are just adding an option to purchase through Celebrity so people feel more confident that these tests are acceptable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smmessineo said:

Celebrity started accepting these tests weeks ago. The tests are sold in 6 packs from eMed and 2 or 3 packs from another company that people have mentioned here. I did this test, through eMed and the Navica app, on August 25 and it was READILY ACCEPTED at the port for my August 28 Edge sailing. I would be surprised if they suddenly forced people to purchase from them. I hope they are just adding an option to purchase through Celebrity so people feel more confident that these tests are acceptable.

I bought these for our upcoming cruise thanks to your review. I saw someone post they couldn’t download the app to their laptop just their phone. Did you find the same thing? Any issues doing the testing using your phone? 

41 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

I just read the Celebrity FAQ and it says the Royal Caribbean storefront that sells the test kits is powered by Optum, which is the company that already sells 2 and 3 packs, so I think Celebrity/Royal is just adding a level of confidence for the passengers ( and a bit of kickback from Optum, of course 😋)

41 minutes ago, cbfb said:

I bought these for our upcoming cruise thanks to your review. I saw someone post they couldn’t download the app to their laptop just their phone. Did you find the same thing? Any issues doing the testing using your phone? 

We did the tests using our phones. I just propped the phone up far enough away from me that the test supervisor could see me and the test on the table in front of me, all in frame at once. 

Now, from what I can tell, the app really only cones into play as a way to view results. 

When we tested, we didn't use the app. I used google chrome to log into emad, was then prompted to use my Navica app login info ( but not on the app, on the emed website ...hope that makes sense.....) . I was then connected to the test supervisor, did the whole thing.  

Results were sent to app and email. At the port I just opened the app and the checkin person accepted the results shown there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

We did the tests using our phones. I just propped the phone up far enough away from me that the test supervisor could see me and the test on the table in front of me, all in frame at once. 

Now, from what I can tell, the app really only cones into play as a way to view results. 

When we tested, we didn't use the app. I used google chrome to log into emad, was then prompted to use my Navica app login info ( but not on the app, on the emed website ...hope that makes sense.....) . I was then connected to the test supervisor, did the whole thing.  

Results were sent to app and email. At the port I just opened the app and the checkin person accepted the results shown there.

Yes! That does make sense! Thank you! I thought you did the testing through the app too. I know I am over thinking this and driving my husband crazy! I just hate having something hanging over my head that I can’t get done until right before we board!!! 

3 hours ago, cbfb said:

Yes! That does make sense! Thank you! I thought you did the testing through the app too. I know I am over thinking this and driving my husband crazy! I just hate having something hanging over my head that I can’t get done until right before we board!!! 

We had the same experience as @Smmessineowhen we did our testing using the app & how to login to begin the test.  The only thing I would add is we printed copies of the results that were emailed to us but we used the the testing for international airline travel & not for a cruise.  This was helpful at the airport because others were having issues accessing their results & I am not certain what their problems were.  

Edited by aly7859
  • Like 2

Ok now we are confused. We are sailing Oct 1.  TODAY we just received an email from Celebrity saying this

For US sailings departing through October 1, 2021, all guests two years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within three days of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. For additional details on accepted COVID-19 tests please click here.”

Yesterday it was 2 days. So, is it 2 days or 3? Is Celebrity paying attention to what has been said to us?

we do not want to be refused boarding, but which is correct so we comply?  Did they get pushback on 3 days or is it 2 days and they lack internal communication?

Any definitive answers..???????

23 minutes ago, aly7859 said:

We had the same experience as @Smmessineowhen we did our testing using the app & how to login to begin the test.  The only thing I would add is we printed copies of the results that were emailed to us but we used the the testing for international airline travel & not for a cruise.  This was helpful at the airport because others were having issues accessing their results & I am not certain what their problems were.  

Thank you!! I will definitely print out a copy even though it’s for a cruise because believe me if anyone is going to have technical issues it would be me! B 

35 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Thank you!! I will definitely print out a copy even though it’s for a cruise because believe me if anyone is going to have technical issues it would be me! B 

I had a printout of the results as backup for the app, too. Like you, i try to have every possible situation covered.  

I even had a list of all my vaccinations from my county health department in case they thought my CDC vax card looked suspicious. LOL. Of course, i never needed any of my backup, but i felt more comfortable having it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harbormaster said:

Ok now we are confused. We are sailing Oct 1.  TODAY we just received an email from Celebrity saying this

For US sailings departing through October 1, 2021, all guests two years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within three days of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. For additional details on accepted COVID-19 tests please click here.”

Yesterday it was 2 days. So, is it 2 days or 3? Is Celebrity paying attention to what has been said to us?

we do not want to be refused boarding, but which is correct so we comply?  Did they get pushback on 3 days or is it 2 days and they lack internal communication?

Any definitive answers..???????

The only definitively safe answer is comply with the 2 day limit and you will be covered for sure.

Balance of probability is that they messed up and have not updated the automated emails yet...

Can always phone them but try to get past the first line of CS staff as a script answer isn't going to cover this...