Updated Celebrity testing requirements eff 9/13/21

MartinsCruise

4 hours ago, aly7859 said:

A telemedicine supervised @ home antigen test is acceptable for cruises & international travel w/ entry back into the U.S such as the Binax test as discussed in another thread linked to above.

I see they figured out a way to monetize the service given you buy it from Celebrity.

For full vaccinated guests living in the U.S., a home-test kit will be available for purchase on our Website as of Wednesday, September 8, 2021. We are working with an authorized medical provider to be able to offer this option. You will complete your pre-cruise test right at home or at any other place of your choosing with the help of a live video supervision by a Certified Guide.  These test kits will be delivered anywhere in the U.S, within two business days and you will receive validated results in 15 minutes.

Edited by graphicguy

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I see they figured out a way to monetize the service given you buy it from Celebrity.

Assuming it’s the Abbott BinaxNow test, I don’t see why one has to buy it from Celebrity. There may turn out to be advantages to doing so, but we don’t know that yet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Assuming it’s the Abbott BinaxNow test, I don’t see why one has to buy it from Celebrity. There may turn out to be advantages to doing so, but we don’t know that yet. 

I'm just hoping to find a new supply of tests with a longer expiration date.  Perhaps if you buy them through Celebrity the results are sent directly to Celebrity.

22 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Not sure.  They're making it sound like if you want the "home" test you have to get it from them, and have it supervised by their outlet.

Otherwise, it's the PCR and Antigen tests offered by the pharmacies and/or recognized medical outlets.

Probably not a bad idea to contact Celebrity for clarification.  It would be a bummer if you show up at the pier with one of those home tests that they reject because it was unsupervised or it was not purchased through Celebrity.

Just FYI on the home tests. While we are not able to go this route, delta recommends the ellume home test with azova supervision. When I was looking at this I noticed that azova allows you to pre-book the time/date for supervision. It may have a shorter wait due to this.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure.  They're making it sound like if you want the "home" test you have to get it from them, and have it supervised by their outlet.

That's not how I read it. Just my WAG, but it seems as though they're trying to make it easier for all the people who remain confused about which tests are acceptable. This is a complicated time to travel, and people want travel to be easy. If it's too difficult, people will cancel. I guess we'll find out on the 8th. Too bad we can't set up a betting pool😂

• Like 3

Just now, Silkroad said:

That's not how I read it. Just my WAG, but it seems as though they're trying to make it easier for all the people who remain confused about which tests are acceptable. This is a complicated time to travel, and people want travel to be easy. If it's too difficult, people will cancel. I guess we'll find out on the 8th. Too bad we can't set up a betting pool😂

Could be right.  I would not want to risk reading the intentions incorrectly and being left at the pier as a result.  Best to get Celebrity's explanation IN WRITING to show upon embarkation if you have a non-Celebrity "home test" as your proof of negative COVID proof.

4 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I agree with you.  There will be too many who have already purchased a test which is approved by Celebrity for them to suddenly say it cannot be used.  I think that Celebrity is just adding another option to make it easier for passengers to get tested in a shorter time period. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Could be right.  I would not want to risk reading the intentions incorrectly and being left at the pier as a result.  Best to get Celebrity's explanation IN WRITING to show upon embarkation if you have a non-Celebrity "home test" as your proof of negative COVID proof.

Just checked the X web site, which has been updated with info about the test that will be available for purchase through their site. There's no pricing yet, but it's the same test many of us have already purchased through eMed. The language stating which tests are acceptable remains the same, so it doesn't appear that they're restricting us to the Abbot test, or to purchasing it through them.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs#testing-and-screening-faqs

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I’m reading it the way you are. Yes, too bad we can’t bet. 😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Just checked the X web site, which has been updated with info about the test that will be available for purchase through their site. There's no pricing yet, but it's the same test many of us have already purchased through eMed. The language stating which tests are acceptable remains the same, so it doesn't appear that they're restricting us to the Abbot test, or to purchasing it through them.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs#testing-and-screening-faqs

Count me not surprised 😊

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

I'm probably just a worry wart.  Even if it was negative COVID test in 48 hours, I'd still have it done by one of the big pharmacies or my GP, just to ease my own mind.  Plus, those tests are covered under my insurance, so no out of pocket.

Believe me, I understand. I have contingency plans for my contingency plans😂 There is a significant argument for avoiding medical offices and pharmacies (where there are more likely to be people who are sick). That said, sure I'd go to my local CVS if I had more time. The recent CDC change made that impossible without changing my flight. My eMed test costs a lot less than the penalty I'd incur for changing my flight, and I won't get an ulcer waiting in line at CVS en route to the airport.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

Believe me, I understand. I have contingency plans for my contingency plans😂 There is a significant argument for avoiding medical offices and pharmacies (where there are more likely to be people who are sick). That said, sure I'd go to my local CVS if I had more time. The recent CDC change made that impossible without changing my flight. My eMed test costs a lot less than the penalty I'd incur for changing my flight, and I won't get an ulcer waiting in line at CVS en route to the airport.

Totally understand.  

• Like 1

Not to mention last month I had to go to an urgent care facility for medical care & it was overrun with people wanting COVID testing so I have no interest in exposing myself to COVID even though I have received the vaccination.  I am much more comfortable doing my own home testing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

That said, sure I'd go to my local CVS if I had more time.

Some folks using CVS have reported that their appointments have been canceled at the last minute, either because of a staffing issue or test supply issue. So even appointments need a backup contingency plan. 🤣

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

Some folks using CVS have reported that their appointments have been canceled at the last minute, either because of a staffing issue or test supply issue. So even appointments need a backup contingency plan. 🤣

That is what we ran into for the rapid tests so decided to do the BinaxNow tests.  Fingers crossed we'll both have positive tests on the 15th before we fly. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, that’s happened at a CVS store near me. Hence my contingency plan for my contingency plan😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

That is what we ran into for the rapid tests so decided to do the BinaxNow tests.  Fingers crossed we'll both have positive tests on the 15th before we fly. 

You want only 1 thin pink line displayed on the test result card which indicates you are negative for COVID instead of 2 lines.

• Like 1

Honestly, I am so afraid of what may change and make it impossible to sail.  I am even more afraid that we will venture to FLL and get our test(Celebrity test  and either the test does not arrive in time or we fail(which I hope will not be the case because I am getting a regular test before I leave-not within the required designated hours).

I am not sure how much stress is worth the effort.

28 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

LOL...I was trying to figure out what you meant by this.  We want NEGATIVE tests!!!  My excuse is that I'm having sail away wine for the Equinox when I should be cooking dinner. 

Ahhh you and I are from the same tribe😁 Cheers! 🍷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

LOL...I was trying to figure out what you meant by this.  We want NEGATIVE tests!!!  My excuse is that I'm having sail away wine for the Equinox when I should be cooking dinner. 

THAT is an OUTSTANDING excuse!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, canderson said:

THAT is an OUTSTANDING excuse!

WOW ! 

Just finished reading all of these posts !

We are scheduled to sail on the Sept 26th Equinox - (Sunday departure)

Our plans were to schedule a test at the local CVS pharmacy on Friday - as well as try to do a "walk-in"

test on that same Friday at a local "urgent care" facility as a back-up - since boarding date doesn't "count" those plans still seem to be OK (?)  We fly out from Arizona to Florida on Saturday

Now wondering if we should also order the "home test" also