Labor Day sale questions

Steelydad2021

9 minutes ago, Steelydad2021 said:

Mindful this is both subjective but just how worthwhile is this sale?  And probably very speculative but how likely are other similar offers?  Or are all bets off given the current unprecedented times?

Understand that four categories does not mean four cabin levels (e.g., inside to penthouse). It’s just categories. Thus, B4 on on O ship gets you A3. Also, if you’re rebooking for the deal, you end up with whatever are the current O perks (possibly not as good as what you got with the original booking). And, of course the fare may be higher than it was the day before the sale.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Understand that four categories does not mean four cabin levels (e.g., inside to penthouse). It’s just categories. Thus, B4 on on O ship gets you A3. Also, if you’re rebooking for the deal, you end up with whatever are the current O perks (possibly not as good as what you got with the original booking). And, of course the fare may be higher than it was the day before the sale.

Will an A3 get you to a PH2, or are you limited to staying in the meta-category?

The key words are, Up To Four Categories. Yes, you could possibly go from an A-3 to a PH but you better talk to your O Rep to confirm how many Categories on your particular itinerary. 
Good luck and enjoy your cruise in 2022. 
Mauibabes

Shout out to Oceania!

In July 2021, I booked the April 2022 Riviera cruises as a single 21 day cruise in a PH3. For the Labor Day Sale, Oceania automatically changed my booking to 2 cruises (11 day and 10 day....and I now have 2 booking numbers) and gave me A3 pricing for my same PH3.  Saved me $$.  Thank you O!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CruisingIGo said:

Travel Agent.....they forwarded the updated O invoices.  I expect to receive the TA's updated invoices this week.

It's good that they automatically did that. Did you ask your TA if they requested it or it just happened? With most other cruise lines in these situations you generally have to request the reduction. 

The pricing reduction is great but possibly even better is getting the 2 cruise credits instead of just one. I don't know what level you are in the Oceania Club but it also means you'll get two sets of benefits. 

• Like 1

Hi ORV,

When I saw that my specific 21-day cruise was not part of the Labor Day, but the underlying 11-day and 10-day were part of the sale, I emailed my Travel Agent and asked about my booking.  The TA wrote back....."HI Julie, as they open the promotion they will change the booking for us and send me the update tomorrow sometime.".....and that is exactly what happened. 

It is "interesting" how some things change with 2 booking #s instead of one.  I am very happy to get 2 cruise credits.  I have completed 6 O cruises, so was expecting $100 OBC.....and now will get $100 OBC for each cruise.  I do own 100 shares of NCLH stock.  With the 21-day cruise, the OBC would have been $250......now I will get $100 for each cruise ($200 total).......or might not get any because of the "sale" price.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:06 PM, CruisingIGo said:

In July 2021, I booked the April 2022 Riviera cruises as a single 21 day cruise in a PH3. For the Labor Day Sale, Oceania automatically changed my booking to 2 cruises (11 day and 10 day....and I now have 2 booking numbers) and gave me A3 pricing for my same PH3.  Saved me $$.  Thank you O!

Did Oceania charge you an additional deposit? We had the same thing happen a month ago and we had to pay additional deposits. I wondered if it was a way of generating revenue as well as filling ships.

(I fully admit I am a suspicious person particularly when large corporations are involved)

No additional deposit.  The 21-day cruise had a deposit of $1500 per person. That deposit was evenly split between the 11-day and 10-day cruises. 

The final payment for the 21-day cruise was Nov 4, 2021. The final payment(s) for the 11-day & 10-day cruises is in January 2022….another nice benefit from O.

• Like 1