Carnival Horizon itinerary change (Nov 21)

gizbug

Just noticed that the itinerary has changed for my families upcoming cruise.  We are no long going to any of the ports of call we originally booked for (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel).  Not very excited at all with the new itinerary.  Does carnival offer any refunds or reduced fare for those who booked / paid in full already but not getting the ports they booked for?

11 minutes ago, gizbug said:

Just noticed that the itinerary has changed for my families upcoming cruise.  We are no long going to any of the ports of call we originally booked for (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel).  Not very excited at all with the new itinerary.  Does carnival offer any refunds or reduced fare for those who booked / paid in full already but not getting the ports they booked for?

what are the new ports?

I wonder if other ships with Western itineraries also switched to Eastern? If so, that might indicate a problem with the ports. (Though if it was just one port you'd think they could make a substitution easily enough)

If it's only Horizon sailings, that might indicate a problem with the Horizon's propulsion system forcing them to take shorter itineraries.

Ours is also changed for the Oct 24th cruise, same port changes. It’s due to not being able to go to two if those ports due to Covid restrictions. Grand Cayman is closed to cruise ships until 2022. I’m not too sure about Jamacia but I don’t think Carnival is going there at all right now. The only one we could have gone to still is Cozumel but I guess since they had to find new stops they figured there would be no point going all the way to Cozumel. That’s my take on the changes. 

I’m not too thrilled  with the new ports but I’m just glad to be cruising again. 

Edited by Enggrl

Did you get a email from Carnival? About the change. 
I got one about 1 port change for our Pride cruise and and the new protocols. the last paragraph said I had 2 week to book a different cruise if I wanted 2. 
0CEB618F-B468-4891-B2CA-41DBA5ACEE89.thumb.png.c6e04fa0fe43e7316a41a29f3e5cdbc4.png