Greek Islands- anyone currently cruising?

CindiSueP37

We cruised 10 days ago around the Greek islands, starting from Athens, to get on the ship we needed a PCR test before arrival (within 3 days of arriving) we then had a lateral flow test to get on board , done by the ship, then another at the end of the week, again done by the ship, that was it, very easy 

Take a deep breath, relax, and just go with the flow (so to speak).  Covid related rules/regulations are changing on a daily basis so what exists today may be completely different next week.  When we went to Greece at the end of July we did not even need any COVID test but simply had to have proof of vaccination and complete the online Passenger Locator Form (PLF) before heading to Greece.  Now, we are seeing requirements for pre trip testing but even that must be carefully watched since the time frames and type of testing may change.  Once you are in Greece, be it on a ship or on land, things fall into place.  On our cruise there was mandatory testing once per week (quick and easy antigen test) but even this could change.  But as a cruiser you need not be concerned because your cruise ship will do what is necessary based on the latest Greek government mandates.  

My advice to cruisers/travelers is very simple.  Keep informed (on a daily basis) by checking the appropriate government web sites and your own cruise line's latest dictates.  Also keep an eye on your airline's own web site for any guidance/requirements they might implement.   Educate yourself on where you can get COVID testing (both antigen and PCR) with guaranteed turn around times since you want to be prepared for whatever requirements get imposed prior to your trip.  Also keep in mind that if your flight arrangements mean changing planes in various countries you might need to also meet some requirements for those intervening nations.

I will add that we spent 3 weeks in Greece (from late July into mid August) on both a 14 day cruise and also doing a week of independent island hopping (via ferry).  Our trip was near perfect and we had a fantastic time.  Once in Greece we found COVID to be a relatively minor issue (most folks were more interested in having fun and living their lives).  

One other warning.  If you are not fully vaccinated do not even think about international travel with the possible exception of Mexico (and then you had best have a lot of medical insurance).

Hank

• Like 1

I also sailed out of Athens in July.  We got tested a total of 3 times through the cruise line. Easy Peasy in my case.😉

I agree with Hank and just check with the Government of where you are sailing and the airlines as well.

I am glad I went and had a wonderful cruise😀and hope you will too!