Cancelling Cruise

Meditrina

Unfortunately, we are going to cancel our TA cruise scheduled for Nov 3rd.  Does anyone know the best way to do that? I'm assuming we just call Princess - I don't see a way to do it online.

Also, according to the cancellation policy I will get a 50% refund if cancelled by today, and I am assuming the other 50% will go to FCC (based on the "Cruise with Confidence" policy)?  Would I expect to get other OBC and FCC that was due to Princess cancelling prior cruises to remain in my account?  My account says those items expire 12/31/2022.  

This is the first time I've ever cancelled a cruise - unfortunately Princess cancelled 3 on me this year due to Covid, so we were really hoping to go, but just too many unknowns and hoops to jump through at this point.

• Like 1

As it was said before, if you booked thru a TA, call the TA. If you booked thru Princess, call them directly. We cancelled a November cruise (before final payment) about 12 days ago, got 100%  of our booking deposit back and credited to our CC in 8 days.

Sadly from the Princess agent we spoke to, about 99% of all calls to them are cancellations

I cancelled our 9/5 at the beginning of August and was offered choice of full refund, FCC or price match to the same cruise next year.  We chose price match, but it took six weeks, 6 phone calls and finally getting someone to put me thru to customer relations to get that taken care of. 

Be ready for at least 30 minutes on hold to speak to someone and lots of emails that look like you are still cruising to come thru automatically. 

I actually got a cancellation notice that showed that I forfeited 75% of my fare on 09/06, which I think finally got someone to get me thru to customer relations.  Everyone was really nice on the phone, but it took 2.5 hours on 09/08 to get it rebooked and price matched.