Lufthansa seat choices and NCL

rinakop

We’ll I have tried choosing our seats for this long haul flight and the airline will not allow me to do so so I called NCL and get nowhere.they say we can choose 24 hours prior to flight?!    I tried calling Lufthansa and one of two things occurs: they say too many calls, try later, click or or rings for literally an hour or so no answer.  I registered on their website and it says because I booked through another party I have to wait.  
I don’t even have the option to upgrade from economy?!   
 That’s frustrating!!  

2 hours ago, rinakop said:

I registered on their website and it says because I booked through another party I have to wait

2 hours ago, rinakop said:

they say we can choose 24 hours prior to flight?!

From what I've seen others post, it seems you got the answer.  I'm sorry it's not the answer you wanted, but it seems to be the way that airline operates.

Unless you're within 24 hours of the flight, you won't be able to pick your seats.  If you're within 24 hours and it won't let you then it would be the airline's system that's failed you.

4 hours ago, Homosassa said:

That is correct for third party bookings on Lufthansa.

Nope, it depends on what kind of fare you are booked. I fly a lot LH (as my home airport is a major hub for LH). Some flights I can chose a seat after/during booking. Some flights I can´t chose it until check-in time which is 23 hours prior to the flight. Some bookings are made by myself, others are third party booking and in both cases I was able or I wan´t able to chose seats right after booking.

steamboats

7 hours ago, rinakop said:

We’ll I have tried choosing our seats for this long haul flight and the airline will not allow me to do so so I called NCL and get nowhere.they say we can choose 24 hours prior to flight?!    I tried calling Lufthansa and one of two things occurs: they say too many calls, try later, click or or rings for literally an hour or so no answer.  I registered on their website and it says because I booked through another party I have to wait.  
 That’s frustrating!!  

Dear rinakop,

Im sincerely sorry that you have trouble reaching someone with lufthansa. This has been a big problem since the pandemic started. 

As steamboat has mentioned already there‘s different fares that may or may not allow an advance reservation. 
The online check in usually is still a very good chance to get a good seat. For economy class passengers it opens 23 hours before departure. Be on time.

Depending on the booking figures upgrades may be offered during check-in or even at the gate.

About your onboard experience these days: Dinner and a light meal/sandwich before landing are served. There‘s only one round of beverages per service, so order everything you desire at once, Beer and wine are still included. Outside service there‘s bottled water available.

Surgical or FFP2/KN95 masks are required during the flights and in Frankfurt/Munich Terminal. 

May I ask which flight you are booked on?

• Like 2

I am on UA9199 and UA9303, 2 hour layover in Frankfurt.  Sept 16.  Economy class.  I didn’t even think to ask when booked with NCL.  I booked Greece after a few  cruises were canceled on us and didn’t have too much faith I guess.  

I have the kn95 masks.

I appreciate all the answers.  I’ll tell ya, I have learned so much through the years on this site.  Honestly helps so much.  

Appointments for rapid PCR tests on Tuesday afternoon, which is cool, didn’t want to leave any chances.  I called our hotel Grand Hyatt Athens and they provide the PCR tests on site so that’ll be Thursday night.  So pretty sure we’re covered with that.  Downloaded all the recommended apps, got my PLF.

How do I figure out what gate we land in Frankfurt so I can map where we catch the final leg of our flight to Athens?

You  can check out the Frankfurt airport website for arrival/departure and maps  for information.  Do this as close to your departure as possible.  Right now it is showing Terminal 1 for an upcoming  flight from JFK.  And terminal 2 for a flight to Athens.  Not sure if these are  your flights. 

https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en/flights-and-transfer/arrivals.html

Just be aware, this information can change even while you are in flight.  But the maps should help. 

13 hours ago, rinakop said:

That’s frustrating!!  

Having the same problem but glad (not really) to hear it's not just me.   It won't be easy to sign in 24 hours before our flight home because we will be traveling.   I appreciate the information you are sharing though.

Has anyone gotten through to a human after sitting on hold for a prolonged period of time?

4 hours ago, rinakop said:

I am on UA9199 and UA9303, 2 hour layover in Frankfurt.  Sept 16.  Economy class.  I didn’t even think to ask when booked with NCL.  I booked Greece after a few  cruises were canceled on us and didn’t have too much faith I guess.  

I have the kn95 masks.

I appreciate all the answers.  I’ll tell ya, I have learned so much through the years on this site.  Honestly helps so much.  

Appointments for rapid PCR tests on Tuesday afternoon, which is cool, didn’t want to leave any chances.  I called our hotel Grand Hyatt Athens and they provide the PCR tests on site so that’ll be Thursday night.  So pretty sure we’re covered with that.  Downloaded all the recommended apps, got my PLF.

How do I figure out what gate we land in Frankfurt so I can map where we catch the final leg of our flight to Athens?

Your flights actually are United Airlines, you can pick your seats there.  We did on our Lufthansa flight to Rome in October.

7 hours ago, ManueLH92 said:

Dear rinakop,

Im sincerely sorry that you have trouble reaching someone with lufthansa. This has been a big problem since the pandemic started. 

As steamboat has mentioned already there‘s different fares that may or may not allow an advance reservation. 
The online check in usually is still a very good chance to get a good seat. For economy class passengers it opens 23 hours before departure. Be on time.

Depending on the booking figures upgrades may be offered during check-in or even at the gate.

About your onboard experience these days: Dinner and a light meal/sandwich before landing are served. There‘s only one round of beverages per service, so order everything you desire at once, Beer and wine are still included. Outside service there‘s bottled water available.

Surgical or FFP2/KN95 masks are required during the flights and in Frankfurt/Munich Terminal. 

May I ask which flight you are booked on?

We have the same issue.   The issue I find is that we will be at sea 23 hours before, so we cant check in.

Not happy.

4 hours ago, Dave&Ronda said:

Your flights actually are United Airlines, you can pick your seats there.  We did on our Lufthansa flight to Rome in October.

Dear Dave&Ronda,

that’s an excellent point. The flights are booked as a United Airlines codeshare flight operated by Lufthansa.

Give it a try and contact United Airlines, as they managed the booking. 

9 hours ago, rinakop said:

I have the kn95 masks.

The transatlantic flight currently still

has plenty of open seats, the choice should be good upon check in. 

Before landing in Frankfurt, the purser will announce the arrival gate.

It will all be terminal 1, with a bit of luck even the same area. 2 hours are enough time for a relaxed transit. 

Have a great vacation! 😎

@steamboats @ManueLH92 or anyone else who might be able to help:

Hopefully, this isn't considered a hi-jack of the thread as it pertains to Lufthansa.

We have business seats booked with Lufthansa from Dublin to Frankfurt, and on to Athens on the same ticket but on a codeshare, the carrier is Aegean.  We were able to book our seats on the Lufthansa metal but not on Aegean, either on the Lufthansa site or the Aegean site. Apparently, neither airline will work with the other on this. I know the number of business seats are variable based on demand (as they are standard seats) so we shouldn't have a problem getting an actual seat, but really want to sit together.  This is the fallback, fallback, fallback cruise for my husband's significant birthday and the small things mean a lot.

Does anyone know how we can overcome this issue?

7 hours ago, ManueLH92 said:

that’s an excellent point. The flights are booked as a United Airlines codeshare flight operated by Lufthansa.

That didn't work for us - it let's us pick the Lufthansa seats on the United website but when we 'Confirm Seats' it says not able to do it.  

On 9/10/2021 at 11:51 AM, Muckyduckway said:

@steamboats @ManueLH92 or anyone else who might be able to help:

Hopefully, this isn't considered a hi-jack of the thread as it pertains to Lufthansa.

We have business seats booked with Lufthansa from Dublin to Frankfurt, and on to Athens on the same ticket but on a codeshare, the carrier is Aegean.  We were able to book our seats on the Lufthansa metal but not on Aegean, either on the Lufthansa site or the Aegean site. Apparently, neither airline will work with the other on this. I know the number of business seats are variable based on demand (as they are standard seats) so we shouldn't have a problem getting an actual seat, but really want to sit together.  This is the fallback, fallback, fallback cruise for my husband's significant birthday and the small things mean a lot.

Does anyone know how we can overcome this issue?

Dear Muckyduckyway, unfortunately I do not know much about the procedures of other airlines cooperating with Lufthansa. 
have you tried to call Aegan?

• Thanks 1