Bringing soda on board?

nepacruisers

I could not find any information regarding bringing our own soda at embarkation. I found no alcohol is permitted to be brought on board, with the exception of 2 bottles of wine, but couldn't find any information about bringing non alcoholic beverages on board. Anyone know the current rules? 

2 hours ago, dahirsh said:

pretty sure it's 12 per stateroom and this is the first I've heard that plastic is not allowed.

Pre Covid we had no problem bringing on the small plastic bottles (2 six packs) of Coca Cola onto RCI...actually in one of our checked luggage in San Juan. I have also not heard of any change in this policy.

4 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

A 12 pack of .5 liter or less cans or bottles per stateroom. And unless you want to go to the naughty room (were you claim your luggage if they find any contraband or liquids) you will need to carry them on.

Not always...our Coco Cola was in our checked bag and it got to our cabin before we did.

We've only been to the naughty room once (interesting) but it was years ago. I had a travel iron...funny thing is I had originally purchased it years before onboard Viking Serenade.