PLF ( Passenger Locater Form)

daveoc

On 9/16/2021 at 11:05 AM, tring said:

If the current form is needed you can use a visa company, (£12.95 cost for the one suggested by our cruise line Fred, who have already operated an international cruise), by submitting all details to them pre cruise and they will submit your form at the appropriate time.  There is a phone option to do that if you find it difficult to fill in an online form, possibly at a slightly higher cost or perhaps a relative can help you with the online request

Yes, I'm travelling alone and your suggestion sounds a good one. Are you allowed to post the contact details on here? If not, could you point me in the right direction to find the company(ies) to which you refer?

3 minutes ago, Sir Cumference said:

Yes, I'm travelling alone and your suggestion sounds a good one. Are you allowed to post the contact details on here? If not, could you point me in the right direction to find the company(ies) to which you refer?

It was a Fred suggestion that we did not use as DH doing ours.  Your cruise line should be able to help, but prob not until about two weeks before the cruise as may change.  We are currently in Med with very little WiFi, so cannot help any more.

I can see how submitting your details in advance to a company and paying them to complete your locator form for you at the appropriate time might work for a foreign land based holiday but not for a cruise.  The  itinerary can change at any time, only this week Italy seems to have decided to ban cruise ships and extra Spanish  ports have been added to Britanina's itinerary.  I also expect that every Caribbean cruise will suffer some itinerary disruption during the couse of its 14 day journey around the islands.

Personally I would not trust anyone else to complete and submit the form,  as it is your responsibility to ensure it is correct and received in advance of arrival.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sir Cumference said:

To clarify my hasty reply yesterday, our details from Fred said they had partnered with a specific visa company, so I would not know if it has to be one linked to your cruise line, or if any visa company would do, so not good for me to give details even on our return.  As has also been mentioned by both me and Molecrochip, CLIA are trying to thrash out something more practical for cruise travel, than the online requirement because of connectivity problems at sea.  Hence could very possibly change before your cruise unless it is leaving very soon.  I am sure all will be fine once details for your cruise are sent out and you will enjoy yourself.  The extra security checks seemed onerous when they started, but have just become a regular thing we expect now, both at airports and ports.

Barbara

Edited by tring

apparently the PLF can now be done 21 days before arrival back in UK

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

‘Register for the UK government’s Passenger Locator Form (PLF). You can complete and submit the form 21 days prior to your planned arrival date back into the UK’

I think it only applies to round trips from Southampton 

Edited by smokey01
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

apparently the PLF can now be done 21 days before arrival back in UK

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

‘Register for the UK government’s Passenger Locator Form (PLF). You can complete and submit the form 21 days prior to your planned arrival date back into the UK’

I think it only applies to round trips from Southampton 

Perhaps someone needs to tell the government the rules have changed as the GOV.UK website the link on that P&O website goes to still says not more than 48 hours in advance of arrival in the UK. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

It's all a bit of a kerfuffle.

The paperwork issued to passengers on Iona on boarding said the PLF could be completed from 1st October onwards. 

Fair enough I thought, perhaps P&O knows something I don’t. So this morning went to fill it in but the GOV.UK website said “48 hours”. 

Speaking to reception got a ‘dunno’ response from the manager. 

Glad to know everyone is on top of it - I suppose we can all fill them in over breakfast at Southampton and delay disembarkation for a few hours. 

• Like 1

I setup my PLF form a couple of days ago for my October 9th cruise and it did say 48 hours, now it is saying 21 days. But I think this is not for everyone. P&O state for Caribbean fly cruises it is still 48 hours, so I guess this is for cruises departing and returning to uk ports.

35 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

I setup my PLF form a couple of days ago for my October 9th cruise and it did say 48 hours, now it is saying 21 days. But I think this is not for everyone. P&O state for Caribbean fly cruises it is still 48 hours, so I guess this is for cruises departing and returning to uk ports.

Do you have to order your pcr test before you fill the form in

Does the form have to be filled in on a phone or can it be done on a laptop computer? I am unable to use a phone to complete forms due the the small numbers & letters - and my large fingers. Alternatively, could someone else (Reception? Librarian? Captain?) do it for me? I'm getting myself into such a state about it that I might just cancel the holiday. The full balance has been paid - can I still transfer to another cruise?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Billish said:

I have heard on another web site, that it is now possible to complete your PL firm 21 days in advance, but you need to select your cruise ship from the drop down menu. 

This is a screen grab, so it looks as if P&O are correct.

FB_IMG_1633128120356.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, picsa said:

The UK government website still says today (2nd October) not to complete the PLF earlier than 48 hours before arrival. 

Good grief, it seems that even the Government doesn't know what is going on (no surprise there then). 😏

I would imagine so. My January cruise on Iona has the last port as an overnight in Lisbon so the country would be Portugal.

The itinerary is

Maderia

Tenerife

Gran Canaria

Lanzerotte

Cadiz

Lisbon

So only two countries to complicate matters. I noticed it is bubble excursions only for Lisbon but not for Funchal

2 minutes ago, Cruise Puss said:

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask this, but on which website did you see this?

Many thanks. 🙂

The one I can't mention ! But think of the biggest social medium site on the world.  

6 hours ago, picsa said:

The UK government website still says today (2nd October) not to complete the PLF earlier than 48 hours before arrival. 

I believe it is 48 hours for the majority of people, but for me having selected that I am going on a P&O cruise it changes from 48 hours to 21 days. They will probably stick with saying 48 hours and rely on the cruise companies to inform their passengers that there is a special cruise rule provided that no flight is involved I.e. fly cruises are still governed by the 48 hour timescale.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokey01 said:

I believe it is 48 hours for the majority of people, but for me having selected that I am going on a P&O cruise it changes from 48 hours to 21 days. They will probably stick with saying 48 hours and rely on the cruise companies to inform their passengers that there is a special cruise rule provided that no flight is involved I.e. fly cruises are still governed by the 48 hour timescale.

This may be a stupid question,but are you filling the form out on the Gov.UK website?