Internet package

jefarl

Trying to understand the Free at Sea Internet package of a 7 day cruise…one place it says $130  and another it says 250 minutes? 
If I wanted to upgrade to two unlimited Internet packages , how does that work with the offer? 

Last year the Free at Sea offer was 250 minutes. I was able to upgrade to unlimited for $80.   Its been a year so not sure if the price is the same or what the free at sea offers are these days. IMHO it was well worth the $80 to have unlimited internet because on a 7 night cruise 250 minutes go very fast.  All you have to do is call NCL and you can upgrade your package.  If you are booked directly with NCL, you can even do it online.

44 minutes ago, jefarl said:

Trying to understand the Free at Sea Internet package of a 7 day cruise…one place it says $130  and another it says 250 minutes? 
If I wanted to upgrade to two unlimited Internet packages , how does that work with the offer? 

You can.  When you look at upgrades, there are various Internet packages. The one I chose was about $85 for the week per package.

Edited by phillygwm

54 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

You can.  When you look at upgrades, there are various Internet packages. The one I chose was about $85 for the week per package.

So there is an option to apply the free offer towards a unlimited package? 

21 minutes ago, jefarl said:

Log into you "MY NCL" account.  Go to your Booking, select Explore and Plan.  A window should open showing assorted selections of upgrades. The top offer in mine shows:

Upgrade your Free at Sea Internet minutes package to Unlimited Internet for a fraction of the price, regular retail rate is $29.99 USD/day.

(which equals < $10 USD extra per day!)   *** This is for one account only!!!  If you want 2 separate accounts, you will pay MORE!

Edited by ggTexasGal
added info

3 hours ago, jefarl said:

Yes, you can do that. It should be available online. You would have to pay full price for the second person's unlimited package, though. 

You do know two people can share one package, right? You just have to logoff when you are done using the internet, and then your roommate or partner can login using their device. Only one device can be logged on to the internet at a time, but you could share a single account. (Unless one of you is a teenager!)

Both of you can use the wifi on ship all the time for the NCL app all the time, though. No charge for that.

3 hours ago, misha227 said:

Yes, you can do that. It should be available online. You would have to pay full price for the second person's unlimited package, though. 

Just curious - does anyone know how much the full price for the second person's 7-day unlimited is?

Thanks!

I’m curious to know if they offer a day/timed pass for the unlimited streaming package mid-cruise? It’s going to be a sea day on my upcoming cruise when I want to watch a rugby match so I can’t just use the mobile signal from the port. I’m not keen on paying €100+ for a week of streaming when I don’t need it for the week, just for a couple of hours. 

My info (from our Dec 2019 sailing) here isn't necessary the latest, just piggy back on what's been posted above - log into your NCL account and there should be an offer to upgrade & you get credited for the 250 "free" minutes to the unlimited package, for the duration of the cruise (B2B - it's good for that segment or leg only)  You can also upgrade that on Day 2, and be charged for 1 less days (6 days of a 7 day cruise, instead of the full 7 days ... ditto, 9 out of 10 days, etc. - on extended sailings, say 12 to 14 days, you can upgrade as late as day 3 or even day 4, I don't recall the exact details at the moment)  The non-streaming price or cost was $30 per day ($29.99) with the premium (streaming) optin priced $5 higher per day ($35 per day) X number of days purchased ... less the upgrade / trade-up credit value of that "free" 250 minutes (valued at $125, I seemed to remember)

There "was" an option to purchase the unlimited package for sharing by 2 users at the same price, which itself was discounted ... that was on the Dawn/Gem in 2019.  You might have to wait to check & see once onboard, possibly to ask (nicely) the onboard iCafe manager on whether that is still an option & pricing - s/he might be able to help or come up with it (maybe it's now an "unpublished" offer) - since sailings are now at reduced capacity & they aren't overwhelmed with long lines for tech advice, help & purchase on embarkation and/or first full day onboard.  Odds are that it is an easy DIY option, a simple matter of finding it.  

If you have one (1) unlimited plan that you upgraded to - it allows for multiple devices to the registered and use the satellite access, as noted - a matter of sharing it between 2 of you, maybe even 3 or 4 of you.  But, just 1 person can access it at any given time, the last person to log on will get a prompt & warning to disconnect and bump the person that's (was) currently logged to go offline.  

On 9/12/2021 at 9:08 AM, ggTexasGal said:

Log into you "MY NCL" account.  Go to your Booking, select Explore and Plan.  A window should open showing assorted selections of upgrades. The top offer in mine shows:

Upgrade your Free at Sea Internet minutes package to Unlimited Internet for a fraction of the price, regular retail rate is $29.99 USD/day.

(which equals < $10 USD extra per day!)   *** This is for one account only!!!  If you want 2 separate accounts, you will pay MORE!

Is anyone else not seeing this offer?  I have no option to “upgrade” the package.  I do have the option to “add” the unlimited package for one device for $178.50.  I did an online chat with NCL and was told that this was the upgrade price.  

35 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Is anyone else not seeing this offer?  I have no option to “upgrade” the package.  I do have the option to “add” the unlimited package for one device for $178.50.  I did an online chat with NCL and was told that this was the upgrade price.  

The only reasons that I can imagine for not finding any UPGRADE offer is your original booking does not include the FREE at SEA perks.  Did you book the "Sail Away" rate?

Or, possibly you are not the primary (1st Passenger) on the booking.

Also note, the overall price is extra $xx.xx per day!

Edited by ggTexasGal
added info

28 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

The only reasons that I can imagine for not finding any UPGRADE offer is your original booking does not include the FREE at SEA perks.  Did you book the "Sail Away" rate?

Nope, I most definitely have the Free at Sea.  The 250 minutes is shown as “included”, as are the other perks.  And I’m traveling solo so I’m definitely the first passenger on the booking.  😃

I may have to call them.  

In the Vacation Summary where you see the 250 minutes there should be an option to upgrade right there, when are you due to sail, maybe it's too early or are you on Prima so perhaps it hasn't been released yet

Screenshot_20210914-221912_Norwegian.jpg

Edited by SpainAlien

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

In the Vacation Summary where you see the 250 minutes there should be an option to upgrade right there, when are you due to sail, maybe it's too early or are you on Prima so perhaps it hasn't been released yet

#cough #cough - just a friendly reminder, safeguard your personal info when posting/uploading these images on an open forum ... Chris ... A. 

Regards 

P.S.  I'm going to dig thru my screenshots & iCafe/internet related info from 2019 sailings to see if I saved those about 2nd. unlimited add-on options as mentioned above in my post.  If I find or have it, I will post that for reference - even if they aren't offering it, got nothing to lose by asking onboard - worst is that s/he say no.  The upgrade price, it seemed, now is the same whether you do it online before sailing or do that onboad (and, non-refundable OBC can be used there & then ... but not pre-cruise).  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Just an update.  I called NCL.  I booked through CAS.  I thought I was just getting a discount, but it turns out they had comped me an inside sailaway and I just paid to upgrade to the Club Suite.  This is the first time I booked through CAS and they never explained it to me.  While I still have the Free at Sea perks, the way it’s booked I can’t pay for the upgrade online - Id have to pay for the entire package.  They said it won’t be a problem to do once I get onboard but they can’t do it ahead of time because of the way it’s booked in the system.  Same thing if I wanted to upgrade the beverage package - which I don’t.  Live and learn.  😃

• Like 1

F Y I

Just remember that that 250 minutes is ONLY 4 hours and 10 minutes !

Fail to LOG-OFF and POOF your internet time has expired.

You can go to the Internet Cafe Manager and perhaps gets a courtesy redo -

aka NCL Internet for dummies 101

Make sure your internet device has the Log-on Log-off Apt and that you use it !

Oh and remember to save about 30 minutes for the last day of the cruise

tending to those matters about disembarking the ship !

This of course if you don't upgrade to the Unlimited Time.

You didn't bring your printer with you - of course you didn't

need printed matter - the cost at last check was $0.50 a sheet

the printer is at the Internet Cafe on the ship.

Printing remotely from some other location on the ship 

better hustle before someone trashes your printed work 

OR just simply do your printing at the Cafe.

In some of the printing cases the printer is not needed just

copy to your smart cell phone

Did you remember to LOG-OFF ?  Times Up !