Canceled my Sept 27 Seashore cruise

CelebrationFamily

Sadly, for a variety of reasons, we decided this was not a good time to travel to Italy. I called MSC USA to cancel our Sept 27 Seashore sailing out of Naples. I was on hold about 5 minutes before a very competent (I hope) agent picked up. I was able to cancel my prebooked excursions and my fully paid cruise in a single call.  The refund is due to hit my card in 1-2 billing cycles. I'll report back when that actually happens. The process was painless...I'm a little shocked...fingers crossed the money actually posts to my card. For all of you still able to sail this fall, happy cruising!!! 

• Like 2

I thought once paid in full a refund is not an option?  I canceled my Barcelona cruise (for this October) and got my excursion money back but not cruise fare (applied that to different cruise).

Edited by Lisichka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lisichka said:

I thought once paid in full a refund is not an option?  I canceled my Barcelona cruise (for this October) and got my excursion money back but not cruise fare (applied that to different cruise).

My thoughts too.  Assuming 7 night cruise  0-15 days prior to cruise 100% penalty = no refund.  

Edited by Native Floridian 26

4 hours ago, CelebrationFamily said:

Sadly, for a variety of reasons, we decided this was not a good time to travel to Italy. I called MSC USA to cancel our Sept 27 Seashore sailing out of Naples. I was on hold about 5 minutes before a very competent (I hope) agent picked up. I was able to cancel my prebooked excursions and my fully paid cruise in a single call.  The refund is due to hit my card in 1-2 billing cycles. I'll report back when that actually happens. The process was painless...I'm a little shocked...fingers crossed the money actually posts to my card. For all of you still able to sail this fall, happy cruising!!! 

Sorry but likely a wise decision. We had to cancel a cruise this past July and our refund was six weeks… second cycle. 

• Like 1

I was surprised as anyone when they offered a full refund. I called assuming that I'd get a refund for excursions and a FCC for the cruise. The MSC agent suggested the refund...I had her check with a supervisor to be sure that was an option...and I have the follow-up email from her showing the full cruise fare will be refunded. Fingers crossed...we shall see! 🤞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CelebrationFamily said:

I was surprised as anyone when they offered a full refund. I called assuming that I'd get a refund for excursions and a FCC for the cruise. The MSC agent suggested the refund...I had her check with a supervisor to be sure that was an option...and I have the follow-up email from her showing the full cruise fare will be refunded. Fingers crossed...we shall see! 🤞

Best of luck, CF.  Sorry you needed to make this decision.   

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been two billing cycles since my cancellation and still no refund. I know you are all so surprised! 😋 Well, that's not entirely true. I did receive a refund for two of my five prepaid excursions about a month ago. Since then, crickets. Time to start the emailing and calling campaign. Wish me luck! 🤞

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, the day I last posted I decided to email MSC existing reservations (I simply couldn't face a phone call!) I got a reply within a day saying that they had my refund and I should wait 1-2 more billing cycles. I *almost* picked up the phone at that point, but I've been busy traveling and with holiday prep and still wasn't in the mood for a frustrating call. This morning I woke up to a little Christmas miracle...my refund posted overnight! Yipeeeee! Good luck to all who are still waiting...it can happen! 😃🤞

On 9/14/2021 at 12:59 AM, CelebrationFamily said:

. called MSC USA to cancel our Sept 27 Seashore sailing out of Naples. 

So sad, a cruise out of Naples, end of September, on the Seashore, best thing around. We did it beginning of October, on the Mera, unforgettable!

But great to hear the good end of your refund story. Hopefully you will get another chance to book it dine day later. Make sure you book from Naples again 🙂

• Like 1