Carnival On-site Testing Centers are a No-Go

Schoifmom

If you just received you email from Carnival as a reminder to get your Covid testing, you'll notice at the bottom that it states "While we had previously raised the possibility of more on-site testing at our terminals, the logistics of making this service widely available to a large number of guests does not make this a viable option."  

2 minutes ago, grumpyjr88 said:

I got the letter and i cruise 10/16. Had anyone gotten info about the quest partnership?

https://cruisefever.net/carnival-partners-with-quest-diagnostics-for-pre-cruise-testing/

It is a no-go.  That was the point of this thread.  The last line in the letter is quoted above.

14 minutes ago, grumpyjr88 said:

The quest partnership is at quest centers not the port...

I don't get the partnership thing.... what's different than the way it worked before where anyone contacts quest for a testing appt?

Or is it Carnival gets a commission for every quest test that is done when you mention "Carnival"?

1 hour ago, crooooze said:

I don't get the partnership thing.... what's different than the way it worked before where anyone contacts quest for a testing appt?

Or is it Carnival gets a commission for every quest test that is done when you mention "Carnival"?

I really have no idea. I was hoping it meant priority availability and discount pricing but that's just a big wish and not based on anything I've read. Lol

• Like 1

Well, that press release does say this:

Appointments are required and may be scheduled online via secure link provided by Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line or Seabourn

I haven't looked up the "secure link" yet so don't know if that means that Carnival guests have any kind of priority or not.

ALSO.... NCL is doing testing at the pier (included in the price of the cruise).... why can't Carnival work it out?

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing/cruise-line-voluntary-testing

Edited by groundloop

Quest Diagnostics does them at no cost but may bill your insurance.  We had appointments with them but when it was changed to 2 days i cancelled because all they offer is pcr which they state takes 3 to 5 days for results.  My daughter asked in her area and they told her the lab only picks up once a day at 4:30 pm.  If they do offer rapid pcr or antigen at some locations then its worth it.  

18 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Well, that press release does say this:

Appointments are required and may be scheduled online via secure link provided by Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line or Seabourn

I haven't looked up the "secure link" yet so don't know if that means that Carnival guests have any kind of priority or not.

Exactly... None of us know because they haven't sent out any communications that I've seen. Don't even know where we'd look up the link.