Yacht Club Questions - Meraviglia (Oct 2021)

cdel71

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

I wonder if we upgrade to Premium Plus while in YC (that's our plan), if they'd be kind enough to serve it there?

Only 1 way to find out - "ask". 🙂

I wonder if they make you upgrade all parties in the room, or if I could just upgrade myself??

2 hours ago, cdel71 said:

I see it listed for $14, which is why it may not be listed in the YC..... 

Would be covered by Premium-Plus, but possibly not in YC - I say possibly because as others have mentioned, it depends on bartender, time of day, position of the sun, general mood of said bartender, and the bar itself. 🙂 

They have drinks > $12 listed in YC menu.

Good change you'll get it in YC, but YMMV.

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Your idea is a good one.

The bartender would not have been able to make a Grasshopper since there was no Green Creme de Menthe on the ship.  

Well that's a bummer, a frozen grasshopper with a vodka topper is good one, but with no Creme de Menthe, it's not gunna happen.

3 minutes ago, cdel71 said:

Well that's a bummer, a frozen grasshopper with a vodka topper is good one, but with no Creme de Menthe, it's not gunna happen.

I was incredulous when the YC Bartender told me that he did not have Green Creme de Menthe.  I thought he was being lazy and not trying to get a bottle.  So, I asked for a Green Creme de Menthe on the Rocks at the Meraviglia Lounge's bar.  N/A was the response.  I asked if it was available anywhere else on the ship.  The response was that the bartender was not aware of any availability.  

I returned to the YC Lounge and asked the Bartender if he had anything like Green Creme de Menthe.  He did have something that was "green" and "minty".  Put a serving in a glass with ice, I took a sip and was glad it was not more than a sip.  It must have been pure green alcohol.  I have never tasted anything so strong.  Sips #2 and #3 were no better than the first.  This was not the pleasant nightcap that I wanted!  If I had drunk the entire small serving, a Butler would have had to "show me the way home" that evening!  

When I responded to the end of cruise survey, I had lots to say about the lack of this liqueur.  Maybe in Europe, it is not much ordered.  But, I think it is in the United States and Canada.  

Perhaps on your cruise, this liqueur will be in stock.  

22 hours ago, hamrag said:

First world problems!

To be sure!  And, it had no impact on the enjoyment of my cruise.  I substituted my preferred night cap with my #2 favorite:  Amaretto di Saronno.

It's just that I have never, ever in any bar anywhere ordered a Green Creme de Menthe and discovered that it was not stocked.  Certainly did not expect that as a Yacht Club guest.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, christa920 said:

I'm looking forward to some Limoncello!

I'm looking forward to it all!   Like most of you, I haven't cruised in over 2 years due to this pandemic, so just getting back on board is going to feel great, and being in the YC is just a bonus.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cdel71 said:

I'm looking forward to it all!   Like most of you, I haven't cruised in over 2 years due to this pandemic, so just getting back on board is going to feel great, and being in the YC is just a bonus.

It's crazy!! It seems like an eternity!!  I'm so freaking excited!!!lol

On 9/15/2021 at 3:06 PM, cdel71 said:

Miami sailing in Oct 2021 on the Meraviglia - YC - First MSC Cruise, so I have a few questions, since I've never experienced MSC before nor the YC.  

Apologies up front if these have already been answered.  

1.  What is the cost to go from Browse to Stream?  Do I do this as soon as I get onboard, I heard any changes to devices or packages is an IT nightmare??

Has anyone ever upgraded from YC included internet to Stream? I'd like to understand if you just have to pay the difference or if it's the full price for the one device Stream package.

Edited by orangemini

18 minutes ago, orangemini said:

Has anyone ever upgraded from YC included internet to Stream? I'd like to understand if you just have to pay the difference or if it's the full price for the one device Stream package.

From what I've heard 

$12 per day per person and it's for 2 devices (again per person).   

So if you have 2 pax in your room - it would be $24 a day extra for 4 devices total.

Best thing to do is check with the YC Concierge desk when you board, and ask - that's what I plan to do.

Edited by cdel71