UK Passengers for Carnival Panorama Cruise

leojagpreet

Hi,

We have family of 3 booked for Carnival Panorama from LA on 23rd Oct. Does anyone know if we will be allowed to travel to LA from London & board on cruise ship?

Parents are double fully vaccinated, son is only 5 years with no vaccine.

Thank You

@leojagpreet You will be able to get a refund or rebook at a future date if you are unable to meet all requirements to cruise. You are aware that son will need to get one of the exemption slots for under 5% unvaccinated? Plus all guests must have negative Covid tests within 2 days of sailing.

This is in addition to whether or not they are allowing international flights from London in Dec.

3 minutes ago, mondello said:

@leojagpreet You will be able to get a refund or rebook at a future date if you are unable to meet all requirements to cruise. You are aware that son will need to get one of the exemption slots for under 5% unvaccinated? Plus all guests must have negative Covid tests within 2 days of sailing.

This is in addition to whether or not they are allowing international flights from London in Dec.

Sorry cruise is on 23rd Oct - covid test won't be issue. Have to look at 5% unvaccinated slots.

thanks

Don't want to start a hubub, but I follow a youtuber from Canada and he is having a bit of trouble.  He has the AstraZenaca vaccine and has had several cruises cancelled because it is not accepted in the US.  If you are vaccinated with Astra, I suggest you call Carnival and make sure they are accepting it as your being vaccinated, or you might also have to apply for the 5% exception.  I hesitated posting this because I didn't want to start a big debate, but sure would hate to have you get all the way to California and find this out.  Again, not sure on which cruise lines are accepting Astra and which ones are not.

• Like 1

The issue with the AZ vaccine in Canada is that it got mixed with Pfizer or Moderna for the second shot. That combination is what is not acceptable. Two doses of AZ is.

With that said, the OP's issue will be whether or not they can travel to the US. At this point, I don't think anyone can say.

6 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

The issue with the AZ vaccine in Canada is that it got mixed with Pfizer or Moderna for the second shot. That combination is what is not acceptable. Two doses of AZ is.

With that said, the OP's issue will be whether or not they can travel to the US. At this point, I don't think anyone can say.

Thanks for clarifying that!  I thought it was because AZ was not approved for use in the US.

@leojagpreet Sorry I misread the date. I would call Carnival now because I think you may be too late for an exemption for your son. There may be some available for your cruise with kids back in school. Like I said before, you may have to rebook to a later date if things don't work out. 

Also, as posted in post #4, both of your vaccine shots must be doses of the same kind. Some in Canada have gotten 2 jabs but not the same brand of vaccine, which is not currently accepted here.

You are absolutely right. There is no reason to worry about tests and vaccination because you not allowed to enter USA (I'm assuming that you are not US citizens). I have exactly this same situation with family members from UE, they should cruise with us on Oct. 9, but not allowed to enter U.S so I have to cancel their reservation.

55 minutes ago, leojagpreet said:

😪...not good...i got one cruise booked from LA on 23rd oct & 2 B2B cruises from Miami in December, really hoping gov will open travel soon for fully vaccinated people..

@leojagpreet The Delta variant is surging through the population of unvaccinated children. They say 5-12 year olds may be approved for shots by Halloween/Oct. 31. The situation could change by Dec.

Edited by mondello
Add

You've two hopes of getting on your booked cruises, Bob Hope and no hope. 

I was reading an article a couple of days ago written by a member of the US Council on Foreign Relations who suggested that the current travel restrictions will be maintained until after the mid term elections in November 2022.

Not good for me as I have a transatlantic cruise followed by a Caribbean cruise in Oct / Nov 2022. I hope Carnival have a good refund policy.