New requirements for passengers from Ireland and UK

Beamafar

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

....YC is a fantastic experience.  We’re doing steerage on Friday but will enjoy hanging out at the Champagne Bar making the most of the PremPlus for the last time.  👍🍾🥂  Cheers!  

Anyone watching on, and that's definitely a place to be seen, will assume you're YC so do not fret!!

😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

....YC is a fantastic experience.  We’re doing steerage on Friday but will enjoy hanging out at the Champagne Bar making the most of the PremPlus for the last time.  👍🍾🥂  Cheers!  

Right now, I'd consider steerage, our 17 night transatlantic and 7 days following all in YC is without doubt in the process of being cancelled. It's outrageous, but possible still to book....I tried a dummy booking earlier, got all the way including our names etc. to final payment....so they're still willing to take cash from anyone foolish enough still to book!

Edited by hamrag

2 hours ago, FEDERICOGRUMP said:
  •  

•  

The MSC health questionnaire asks "have you had a Covid 19 vaccination in the last 6 months"? What if your second jab was more than 6 months before embarkation? Will you be allowed to board the ship?  Has anyone else had to deal with this issue? 

If you tick yes are they realistically going to know any different ?

3 hours ago, FEDERICOGRUMP said:
  •  

•  

The MSC health questionnaire asks "have you had a Covid 19 vaccination in the last 6 months"? What if your second jab was more than 6 months before embarkation? Will you be allowed to board the ship?  Has anyone else had to deal with this issue? 

Can you provide this link please?

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Right now, I'd consider steerage, our 17 night transatlantic and 7 days following all in YC is without doubt in the process of being cancelled. It's outrageous, but possible still to book....I tried a dummy booking earlier, got all the way including our names etc. to final payment....so they're still willing to take cash from anyone foolish enough still to book!

I can only imagine that this is a nightmare for you, G, and my heartfelt commiserations to you for this debacle. 

We have YC booked on Seashore for March out of Miami.  We may be finished with MSC after that (if we actually get to do it!).  We’ve booked a suite on X’s Edge for our regular September cruise, next year.  They have a promotion on at the moment, though it’s still a bit pricier than YC.  But we’re fed up to the back teeth with MSC at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, FEDERICOGRUMP said:

This is contained in the e-ticket for a Mediterranean cruise departing from Barcelona in November 2021. 

I had the same problem and had to edit my post, too.   Almost missed all the personal info on the form. 😁

1 minute ago, FEDERICOGRUMP said:

I shall  contact MSC direct and seek clarification on this issue and I will post their response, although I’m not hopeful of a definitive answer given the experience of many who have tried to clarify test requirements in the past few weeks. 

Thanks.  I haven't found anything in vaccination requirements saying anything about needing to be within the last 6 months.

4 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Thanks.  I haven't found anything in vaccination requirements saying anything about needing to be within the last 6 months.

Same here.

Maybe this is the requirement for European cruises only? 

It does not mention it on the MSC website. However the question is asked in the health questionnaire contained in the e-ticket, which has to be completed prior to boarding. My cruise is due to depart from Barcelona in November but I cannot say that the same question is asked on the e-tickets for cruises departing from other regions.

4 hours ago, FEDERICOGRUMP said:
  •  

•  

3 minutes ago, FEDERICOGRUMP said:

It does not mention it on the MSC website. However the question is asked in the health questionnaire contained in the e-ticket, which has to be completed prior to boarding. My cruise is due to depart from Barcelona in November but I cannot say that the same question is asked on the e-tickets for cruises departing from other regions.

It’s not I just looked at e-docs for our upcoming Divina cruise from FL and it’s not the same as the one you posted. Here’s what mine looks like 

F64148AF-D671-4F89-9DC5-8124DE9F9D4A.jpeg

Edited by styles27

Hi styles27, I’m from Ireland and it looks like this requirement is only for European cruises.  Enjoy your trip 

Hi! Thank you! Yes I believe that is the case. 
Hope you have fun too!

My wife and I will be at the time of departure by about one week.  

We’re embarking in Barcelona on Friday.  I’ll try and remember to ask what the situation is regarding the 6 month window. 

We’re from Ireland, too.  I don’t know if you’re aware of problems people have had regarding Aer Lingus evening flights out of Barcelona on disembarkation day being cancelled.

If you do have an AL flight booked I would recommend you keep a check on the website.  We had our flights booked through MSC, who’ve changed us to Ryanair.   Had I booked the flights direct I would have booked an overnight in Barca and taken the following morning AL flight home.