Anchorage to Seward

Glendakayself

I believe once you are at your downtown hotel there is a {free} shuttle - from near the Ulu Knife

factory near the depot --- Comfort Inn ship Creek hotel to all the touristo spots about 6 blocks up

the hill - Sheraton - Captain Cook - Hilton - and the Log Cabin Visitors Center (4th and "F" St)

Shuttle of course operates during business (visitor) hours.

Walking is fairly level and easy on 4th and 5th Avenues - it is significantly downhill to the AK RR

Depot and the Ulu Knife factory one of the pick-up drop off point of the trolly like shuttle.

{The north side of 4th Avenue was the center point of the B-I-G Alaska earthquake}

The Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall is a block and half away (5th and "D" St)

Google map reference - centered on Buttress Park roadway "Y"

Google Maps

Zoom in for more detail information

Edited by don't-use-real-name
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 5:33 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

{The north side of 4th Avenue was the center point of the B-I-G Alaska earthquake}

The epicenter of the 1964 earthquake was not in Anchorage and certainly was not on the north side of  4th Avenue.  Instead the epicenter was about 78 miles east of Anchorage and 40 miles west of Valdez.  It was widely felt in much of the state including in Fairbanks.  Fairbanks had no significant damage.

8 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

The epicenter of the 1964 earthquake was not in Anchorage and certainly was not on the north side of  4th Avenue.  Instead the epicenter was about 78 miles east of Anchorage and 40 miles west of Valdez.  It was widely felt in much of the state including in Fairbanks.  Fairbanks had no significant damage.

OK -

Not the epicenter but the Center of noticeable damage ??? in Anchorage - - -

Pictures of a whole block sunken well below the old street level - - - cars stranded below grade.

Maybe it is on 3rd Avenue where the flea market and parking lot is - yet to be rebuilt upon.

Just as I remember it after a few airline excursion trips and commentary from shuttle drivers.

Heck the whole of Alaska except for Mt. Denali is a floating tundra basin of global warming

permafrost - hurry and visit before Alaska becomes the Venice of north america.