Reply here, when and where your relocation cabin category ended up on Wonder of the Seas?

Jimbo

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Oh Yeah, what a tangled web we weave............... People with B2B's are screwed..........$$$$ usually trumps everything !!!

Moving people to the new ship isn't going to be easy....

Almost thinking when booking start tonight, nothing higher then JS's will be available to book until all the switches are made from Allure to Wonder for the higher suites.

Just as I predicted last night, all suites are sold out and not for sale.

I have another question , why is there a gap between September 15th and October 6th for sailings from Rome in 2022.........................That is when my sailing on Allure was, September 22nd?

Now what is going on?

Edited by Jimbo

5 minutes ago, mycpu2you said:

The Western Mediterranean cruises for Wonder of the Seas is now open to the public!  Some cabin categories are sold out right now so, that might be a good sign for redeployed cruisers.

Yes, see it now

Edited by Jimbo

12 minutes ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

The room I booked on Allure is showing available on Wonder, same date and sailing 😒 ! This is not a promising start

Got to love it...........NOT !!

My date from Rome, September 22nd and September 29th not even showing up on Royal's web site currently.

Edited by Jimbo

9 minutes ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

The room I booked on Allure is showing available on Wonder, same date and sailing 😒 ! This is not a promising start

Call RCI and see if they can make the switch now rather than later.

8 hours ago, Heymarco said:

More than likely not IT. It you burn cookies is it an oven glitch?

There's an old joke among us IT professionals.  After a code deployment, the business manager wasn't happy with the result.  Programmer says "Why not? I gave you what you asked for."  Business manager responds "But it's not what I wanted."  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, my non-suite - but,, special to me - cabin on the WB TA is available to book.  I called C&A and requested that it be held or that the move is expedited or something.  The only thing that the CSR and their supervisor would do is write it up in the notes on the booking to say that I called and want the same cabin. They gave me an email address to lodge a complaint about the handling with releasing cabins for sale prior to swap. They also said, unlike the letter, that the majority of swaps would be made ON Oct. 13th, not before.  It's mycruise@rccl.com if anyone else wants it.  I wrote.  I didn't get an acknowledgement of any kind saying anything like thanks for writing or how long until I would hear back so who knows if it went anywhere that matters.  Sloppy business practice.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

12 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

So, my non-suite - but,, special to me - cabin on the WB TA is available to book.  I called C&A and requested that it be held or that the move is expedited or something.  The only thing that the CSR and their supervisor would do is write it up in the notes on the booking to say that I called and want the same cabin. They gave me an email address to lodge a complaint about the handling with releasing cabins for sale prior to swap. They also said, unlike the letter, that the majority of swaps would be made ON Oct. 13th, not before.  It's mycruise@rccl.com if anyone else wants it.  I wrote.  I didn't get an acknowledgement of any kind saying anything like thanks for writing or how long until I would hear back so who knows if it went anywhere that matters.  Sloppy business practice.

Wow, Customer Service at it's finest. Kind of left you with a bad taste in your mouth huh?

We are all just a number, doesn't matter one bit how  much money you have spent prior does it?

Edited by Jimbo

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow, Customer Service at it's finest. Kind of left you with a bad taste in your mouth huh?

We are all just a number, doesn't matter one bit how  much money you have spent prior does it?

I was fully expecting exactly what happened as far as the booking goes.  I saw enough stories here from the earlier ship swaps.

If this cruise was a really important one for me, I'd probably be more upset.  It's not.  It was a booking I had made after the Allure '20 canceled and before the Odyssey '21 canceled and I lift & shifted to an Arctic TA for '22 instead.  I'll see if I end up with my SAME cabin.  If not, I'll cancel.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

29 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I was fully expecting exactly what happened as far as the booking goes.  I saw enough stories here from the earlier ship swaps.

If this cruise was a really important one for me, I'd probably be more upset.  It's not.  It was a booking I had made after the Allure '20 canceled and before the Odyssey '21 canceled and I lift & shifted to an Arctic TA for '22 instead.  I'll see if I end up with my SAME cabin.  If not, I'll cancel.

Same here, went from Explorer to Harmony to Allure and now to Wonder..........After all this getting less excited about going to Europe after all this.

Who really knows what a year from now will look like.

Getting less excited about cruising as every day goes by.

Doesn't even matter anymore what a great price we got. Cruising just doesn't seem to get us super excited like it used too.

Shouldn't be this hard to spend thousands and thousands of dollars...............

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Teeara said:

Call RCI and see if they can make the switch now rather than later.

I just called. They said my only choice is to wait until they assign a room, and then call to switch it. I specifically paid extra and did not pick a Guarantee room, since I wanted to pick the location.  She also said that it's still possible for them to rearrange and put me back in my original room in a few days. Ultimately, I will need to wait until Oct 13th.

I doubt I will be upgraded, as I am in a CP Balcony room. They will not sell out by Oct 13 for a May sailing, but the preferred locations may be taken.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Getting less excited about cruising as every day goes by.

Doesn't even matter anymore what a great price we got. Cruising just doesn't seem to get us super excited like it used too.

Shouldn't be this hard to spend thousands and thousands of dollars...............

Jimbo, one of my oldest CC buddies, I totally hear what you are saying 😥

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Off topic, but "Here We Go Steelers" -- I live in FL now, but was a 36-year season ticket holder and bleed black and gold!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

Off topic, but "Here We Go Steelers" -- I live in FL now, but was a 36-year season ticket holder and bleed black and gold!

Bet that was tough to give up those tix!  Florida being one of the few places we can fly to cheaply, I'd have been tempted to hold onto them and make the trip once or twice.  Easy to sell the rest!

On another note, my college roomie was from Dunedin.😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

I just called. They said my only choice is to wait until they assign a room, and then call to switch it. I specifically paid extra and did not pick a Guarantee room, since I wanted to pick the location.  She also said that it's still possible for them to rearrange and put me back in my original room in a few days. Ultimately, I will need to wait until Oct 13th.

I doubt I will be upgraded, as I am in a CP Balcony room. They will not sell out by Oct 13 for a May sailing, but the preferred locations may be taken.

That’s what annoys me.  Some of us picked specific cabins for a reason.  I don’t get why they couldn’t move people before releasing to the public.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

'Much' is very subjective😉

• Like 1

I thought, well also according to RCG rep, they are holding off the suites until everyone is switched to make sure those who booked get the equivalent. I am sure after Oct 15th they will have some Jr. suites available and possibly more since people may cancel.

Edited by ampurp85
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I was very happy with my one, then two ship swaps. A good TA expedited that, though.