Serenade of Seas itinerary change 10/30/21

coaster

Just got an email saying our Oct 30th cruise is going to Nassau and Cococay. Suppose to go to Costa Maya and Cozumel previously. I despise Nassau and never booked a ship that ports there since we first went there in 1993. I was looking forward to Costa Maya as our last cruise on Rhapsody back in January 2020 could not dock there due to port being full. So disappointed and may cancel. 

Edited by coaster

• coaster changed the title to Serenade of Seas itinerary change 10/30/21
3 minutes ago, coaster said:

I get it, but all 2 ports changed on a 5 nighter?

It stinks, but it is the new normal, at least in the immediate future.  I have been to Nassau what seems like 100s of times, so I feel you there.  I enjoy Coco Cay though.

Edited by TheBucketLister

Cococay is nice. We have been there once since the upgrades. I just like the local flair of a 'real port'. I wanted to go to my favorite restaurant  also in Cozumel that caters to locals.

Edited by coaster

Called Crown and Anchor and resolutions to ask if they could change our sailing to another date out of Tampa with the same ports. They can but not price protected. Not a good or fair option as far as I am concerned. Royal needs to be more flexible. Just cancel if you don’t like it.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

I thought I was being reasonable. Computer system says otherwise. I don’t blame the Crown and Anchor agent along with the resolutions agent taking my call, but there needs to be someone with authority and common sense to override a sensible request.

Port changes due to weather is ok. Changing ports of call for random reasons after final payment is something else. Lack of planning on Royal’s part? Newer ships with a higher passenger count get priority?

Edited by coaster

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Getting to the point now..............just pick a date you want to cruise............Royal choice which ship pulls up to the pier to pick you up and where it takes you.

I get it. You book a ship and it will be there. Ports are secondary according to Royal. You try to be flexible and change your date of departure to get the same itinerary and rate. Royal seems to not care for folks booking a ship based on itinerary. 

Edited by coaster

Did your email give you the option to cancel for refund?  If so, then cancel if you are unhappy.  

I have heard from several reviews that nassau is really hurting a lot of shops and restaurant are either out of business or havent reopened.  

The ferry to Blue Lagoon is always a nice day.  Or paradise island or one of day passes at a resort other than atlantis.

Their elections yesterday resulted in a new prime minister who wants to focus on bringing travel and tourism back to life for many of their islands. so things may change in the future, but definitely not by oct 30th.

Hear Nassau is worst than ever also. Can cancel with full refund as I think others will do. Again, tried to get another departure date out of Tampa going to our original ports. They can’t do it without rebooking me at current rates. Thanks, but not thanks.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Was any reason given why they changed?

Nope!

As part of the guidance received from the CDC, we’ve implemented new boarding protocols, so we’ll need some extra time for check-in. As a result, we’ll depart from Tampa, Florida at 5:00 PM, instead of 4:00 PM. Additionally, due to some itinerary planning changes, we will no longer be able to visit Costa Maya, and Cozumel, Mexico. Instead, we’ll now visit our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, and Nassau, Bahamas.

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Was any reason given why they changed?

Was going to ask the same, only took 14 posts for the obvious question.

Edit: Sadly, see the new post and sorry they do not give a reason. Just booked a back to back and told the agent I expect some itinerary changes but with double points and single supplement on this ship not existing (the remaining one I found) I really don't care. Crazy times.

Edited by RoyalC
  • Like 1

Move it to Allure on the 31st  from Port Canaveral

• Day 1: Orlando (Port Canaveral) - Fl
    • Sun Oct 31 2021 | Depart 07:00 PM
    • Day 2: At Sea
    • Mon Nov 01 2021 |
    • Day 3: At Sea
    • Tue Nov 02 2021 |
    • Day 4: Philipsburg - St. Maarten
    • Wed Nov 03 2021 | 09:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 5: Charlotte Amalie - St. Thomas
    • Thu Nov 04 2021 | 07:00 AM To 03:30 PM
    • Day 6: At Sea
    • Fri Nov 05 2021 |
    • Day 7: Perfect Day Cococay - Bahamas
    • Sat Nov 06 2021 | 09:30 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 8: Orlando (Port Canaveral) - Fl
    • Sun Nov 07 2021 | Arrive 06:00 AM
Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

why ask  that question, when all you are going to get from Royal is an generic answer from them.

Well, seeing Royal sent an "explanation" I guess that answers the question but was surprised no one asked on here until now why they changed the itinerary. That is the main issue. It is a big change. But of course I agree they will not give a proper explanation. If the cruising experience was like the booking/corporate experience they would go under.

• Like 1

or cancel because you don't like the protocols and get all your money back...........pay the $200 change fee for the airline tickets and book elsewhere on another cruise line if you can't find another sailing to your likings on Royal.

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

or cancel because you don't like the protocols and get all your money back...........pay the $200 change fee for the airline tickets and book elsewhere on another cruise line if you can't find another sailing to your likings on Royal.

Protocols are fine. I am ok to wear a mask. Never said I had an issue with protocols.No airline tickets involved as being 30 minutes from pier. Wanted to go on Royal to get to Diamond on this cruise. Just want a cruise to the same ports I booked on Royal and and am flexible to go on another sailing date with the same ports as long as the price is protected. Your response has nothing to do with my concern.

Edited by coaster

1 hour ago, coaster said:

Protocols are fine. I am ok to wear a mask. Never said I had an issue with protocols.No airline tickets involved as being 30 minutes from pier. Wanted to go on Royal to get to Diamond on this cruise. Just want a cruise to the same ports I booked on Royal and and am flexible to go on another sailing date with the same ports as long as the price is protected. Your response has nothing to do with my concern.

Just looking for you to find a way to get the cruise you want with the ports you want.

All you have to do is tell Royal you aren't happy with the protocols and they will refund you 100% of your money so you can travel across state and find another cruise line that has the ports you want.

No questions asked they will refund your money. 

Don't worry about missing Diamond, doesn't mean that much, it can wait.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1