Buying Covid tests

siren

I bought six test thru the rccl site.  Since I was the purchaser I put the order my name.  Can different people use the six I bought?  Sounds kinda silly to me that you couldn't.  Yet, I was told when ordering you had to list the peoples names that were going to use them?  IF that's true, I am so screwed for my sunday cruise.

29 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

The 2 sets of names are completely separate.  Have each person create their own account in the Navica app when they need to TAKE the test.

That's what I thought cuz it makes total sense.  

19 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

After we create our own Navica accounts, can my husband do his test on his phone while I do my test on my phone.  Or do we have to do our test consecutively?  

Please give me a little background for your question?  You each have phones that you will be using separately with your own, individual accounts in the application Navica, talking to different people to help you take your tests, but you are concerned about the timing for your completely separate tests?

Are you concerned your house's wifi can't take 2 video calls happening at the same time via the Navica application on your separate phones?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

Please give me a little background for your question?  You each have phones that you will be using separately with your own, individual accounts in the application Navica, talking to different people to help you take your tests, but you are concerned about the timing for your completely separate tests?

Are you concerned your house's wifi can't take 2 video calls happening at the same time via the Navica application on your separate phones?

Thanks for answering.  My question doesn't have anything to do with our house's WIFI capability for  Video calls.  It has more to do with the fact that I actually bought the tests.  It sounds like we could do them together from what you've written although I may need to be his coach as he's doing the test.  

I also purchased our 6 test package and decided since I'm a tad bit more tech savvy than my DH, I'll take mine first and afterwards open his new account and assist him with his test.  Hopefully all goes well, but things may change by time we are required to use them in November. Should have waited to purchase but I was afraid they would run out or be delayed. I had no idea of shelf life problem or extension.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks for answering.  My question doesn't have anything to do with our house's WIFI capability for  Video calls.  It has more to do with the fact that I actually bought the tests.  It sounds like we could do them together from what you've written although I may need to be his coach as he's doing the test.  

Ehhh... help him, then take your own.  🙂

On 9/20/2021 at 8:24 PM, Butterfly625 said:

I also purchased our 6 test package and decided since I'm a tad bit more tech savvy than my DH, I'll take mine first and afterwards open his new account and assist him with his test.  Hopefully all goes well, but things may change by time we are required to use them in November. Should have waited to purchase but I was afraid they would run out or be delayed. I had no idea of shelf life problem or extension.

I have my account already but can't I help my hatband establish an account prior to the testing day?  

On 9/20/2021 at 7:29 PM, SherriZ366 said:

After we create our own Navica accounts, can my husband do his test on his phone while I do my test on my phone.  Or do we have to do our test consecutively?  

We did ours separately, on different devices, at different times.    When I ordered the set of 6, I used only my name.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I have my account already but can't I help my hatband establish an account prior to the testing day?  

Yes, you just need a different email address to create an account for your spouse (who is, presumably, your husband rather than your hatband! LOL).

Log out of your account and set up a new one for him the same way.

• Haha 5

We only have one iPhone, it is mine, and my husband does not have one.  

Do I need to get two Navica apps on my phone, or can I use just one app, and we each create our own account, and then I login with mine and do my test, and then logout, and afterwards, he logs in with his account and does his own test.  We are not very high tech, but we are trying very hard!  

Thanks for any help with this.  I think the answer is in the previous post, but I just want to be sure.

2 hours ago, relaxatsea said:

We only have one iPhone, it is mine, and my husband does not have one.  

Do I need to get two Navica apps on my phone, or can I use just one app, and we each create our own account, and then I login with mine and do my test, and then logout, and afterwards, he logs in with his account and does his own test.  We are not very high tech, but we are trying very hard!  

Thanks for any help with this.  I think the answer is in the previous post, but I just want to be sure.

This is correct -- you log out of your account after your test and he logs into his account for his test. 

I hope that helps!  Happy sailing!

On 9/20/2021 at 8:24 PM, Butterfly625 said:

Do a test drive, I did and glad I did.  Don’t skimp on the nostrils twirling, or adding drops to the test,  also when you insert the swap into fluid give it a few extra twirls.   My initial test failed came back invalid.  Not sure why but. It can happen.  Got a credit from supplier but that was not the point, was glad I had a back up. The 2nd test was fine.  I’ve order more ahead of my upcoming cruise. Some good videos out there too, of the whole process.  Have a look it helps.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much to both of you!  I will follow all of your good advice, and thanks for all of the happy cruising wishes too.

We are sailing on Oasis on Nov. 28 and again on Jan. 30, we can't wait to be back on the High Seas!  

By by the way, Brillo, I'm originally from Detroit, another Michigander!

• Like 2

I ordered a 2 pack for myself & my friend.  She lives a distance from me so we may do the tests separately (her on an iphone & me on the computer) or since she is a nurse, we may meet up & do them together.  I'm not quite sure I can do this correctly on my own.  How would I set up an account on the computer?  

I just got nervous trying to find a location to process our tests as I have heard too many stories about CVS cancelling appointments shortly before scheduled.  My urgent care location said they would send the bill to the insurance but couldn't say how much they would pay.  I called my insurance company & they said I needed the code to see how much they pay.  Boy, talk about being caught in the middle!  That made me decide to just pay for the home proctored tests from RCI.  

We sail Oct 17 on the Oasis of the Seas.

If you don't have an I phone and only have internet and an I pad can you still do these tests and get the results for each member going? We do have access to zoom on the I pad......how soon after test do you get result? As you can see, we are not very tech inclined.

46 minutes ago, floridababa said:

Just received my kits and noticed the card that comes with it says Celebrity instead of both names. Do I have the correct kits? It is the Abbott Covid 19 home test with emed Telehealth service .

This is the corrects kits right?

Yes.