Clean house before you leave?

flashdog_1

Here here, the house must be cleaned and all garbage out of the house before any vacation. We are always gone at the least 7days for any trip.

Funny storie:

A couple summers ago we went to the Dallas area to visit my brother before going on to Arkansas. My brother had a big cookout, he lived in an apartment at the time. He and his family where leaving a day after we left. I wondered what he was going to do with all of that food.:eek: Well, he was gone for 5 days in July AC off:eek: They did not take out the garbage or get rid of any of that stuff:eek: I can not believe the apartment staff did not call the police to investigate the smell:eek: I don't they were able to sleep there the first night back.:eek: Oh, my house was clean by the way:D

Slightly morbid:

In the event that we don't make it back from vacation, I would hate, evan in death, for someone to have to go through my dirty house.

Wife cleans like crazy before the cruise..............then one of the kids usually comes over while we are gone.................and things aren't the same as we left it..............I told her we should leave the house really nasty one time, and maybe they'll feel sorry for us and clean.............

Hmmm, miracles do happen. LOL:)

• 1 month later...

I have a friend who never cleans the house, before she cruise. So the last day of the cruise she gets the cold sweats just thinking of all of the things she has to do when she gets home. She always asks how come I'm not in a panic like she and I tell I cleaned before I left.

I have a friend who never cleans house before she goes on a vacation. On the last day of the trip, she is in a panic making lists of everything she has to do. She always gets mad at me because I am not in a panic like she is, she always asks me why. I tell her that I cleaned like crazy before I left.

I am not in the least bit domestic , but one of my things before a trip is that the house HAS to be absolutlely clean before I go. Dishes done, tash emptied, beds changed ,furnitre dusted house vacuumed and of course bathroom and kitchen cleaned.

I too am a neat freak. I ALWAYS leave my house spotless when I leave for vacation! I would hate to have a messy house upon my return but mainly I couldn't bear the thought of anything happening and the police/fire/neighbor ever saw my house messy! I'd be horrified!:eek:

Winnie <------> off to clean up the kitchen after lunch ;)

I don't even like to leave my house unpicked up before I go to bed at night. In the morning ,unless I'm having a space cadet day I pick up, make beds and usually have a load of laundry going before I head out to do anything. Nothing puts me in a foul mood faster than walking into a mess ( especially one I did'nt create). Unfortunately , noone is neat around here except me.:rolleyes:

After I get home from vacation, I don't want to have to worry about having to be in a panic about picking up. My friend who leave her house in complete chaos, always wants me to come over and help her cleanup her mess. She gets angry when I always refuse. I constantly tell her clean before you go and you'll be relaxed.

Even though I have a cleaning lady I super clean my house the day before we leave on any vacation...even a long weekend. I also leave two meals in the freezer. It's nice to slowly get back into the schedule of cooking. As soon as I get home I immediately unpack and do the laundry. During our last few vacations our son has stayed at our home. He is in graduate school and lives with a roommate. He likes to come to our house because it is quiet. The problem is that he leaves a trail behind him ....dishes...laundry....paperwork. I now call him in advance with a warning to clean up his mess. It really bothers me to come home to a messy house. After a relaxing vacation it is depressing.

• 2 months later...

My mom is a clean before you go freak. The problem on their last cruise was that I came home a couple days before they did, and I... left my mark I suppose you could say. I love sleeping in my parents bed with the nice clean sheets when they're away. They have a queen size bed, I have a twin. But my parents are fine with me sleeping in their bed, they joke that I can't wait to get rid of them just to sleep in their bed.

The problem is that I'm not very good at making the beds to my mother's exact precision. So I make the bed before she gets home, but either the pillows aren't fluffed enough or the comfortor is too poofy on one side, something is wrong. And I tend to spread my stuff out, so I had my school work in the kitchen, my clothes for the weekend in my room, and my laptop in the living room. My PJs and slippers in my parent's room. But at least I did my laundry before they came home! My mom would tease me that she always knows when I've been home because I leave a trail behind me.

LOL. I thought I was the ONLY one who would go crazy just before leaving the house....I still have the broom in my hand as my DH is yelling that he's in the car and it's time to go.....

I always clean out the fridge, put clorox in the toilets, do all laundry, dishes and mop before we leave....

I'm taking our 3 DD's and 1 best friend on the Imagination on 6/26/08 and my DH will not be coming with us.....I wonder what I'll come home to when he's home alone...:eek: ....LOL.....

Laurie

Not spotless but straightened up. And I always have a loaf of bread in the freezer if we forget to stop at the grocery on the way home from the airport. At least we can have a peanut butter sandwich. Most of the time I leave a casserole or something similar in the freezer too so I dont have to think about what to prepare the next day. After just ordering from menus for a week its hard to think about putting a meal together. Give me a waiter and a cabin steward any day.

I leave a spotless house but never know what I will come home to. Last time there was a mysterious dark stain on the hardwood even though neither of our children entertained or even drank any wine while we were away. Floor guy says not repairable without refinishing entire floor. Mysterious things happen when we leave the house.

My cruise is still 3 weeks out and I am already planning when to do my "final" clean of my house!! Love to come home to my beautiful house but it has to be clean!! Also...I work at my local police dept. and I would hate for my co-workers to come into my house if something happened to me and think, "gosh..what a slob!!" But I am not organized enough to have dinner in the freezer...it's usually a drive thru for us (something we never do..normally).

Also...I work at my local police dept. and I would hate for my co-workers to come into my house if something happened to me and think, "gosh..what a slob!!"

That brings back a memory. Several years ago someone noticed that the back door was ajar on a house belonging to neighbours who were on vacation. (We all called them the "Dirty Smiths" but their 4 children were the happiest kids you could ever hope to meet.) The police were called in and someone asked if the place had been broken into. The police replied that the house was such a mess they could not tell. I often think of that story when I head out the door. Even at our worst though, our messes could not compare to the Smith's.

I've always cleaned house before family vacations. On our way home, we pick up some flowers at the market along with bread/milk/dinner. It's too depressing otherwise.

Another thing we do to ease the transition is to plan at least one home day between vacation and work. That way we can catch up on mail, laundry, etc. Rushing back to work/school makes us feel like we need another vacation. :)

Caro

I do this for any vacation the last thing anyone wants to do after a relaxing cruise or a long ride or flight home is start right back in cleaning.If I can't do it I pay my SIL to do it she lives right next door to me and is usually needing extra money if I can afford it.

OHHHHH.....I always clean my house before we leave because I love to walk into a clean house that smells good....but heaven help me. This year we are leaving our young adult male child home when we cruise....I can only imagine how the house will look after we have been away for 10 days.......I'm not sure if LOL should mean laugh out loud now, or lots of luck....take your pick and pray for me!!!:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Am busy doing washes until the last minute (last time forgot to take stuff out and put it inthe dryer), nightgown under my pillow, the cleaning service the day we are leaving or the day before... the bird cages all cleaned and instructions for the stitter and packages and packages of bird veggies, the dogs at the sitter... By the time we lock the front door..and the livery service is packing our suitcase I'm absolutely exhausted..lol.. Oh yes.. there is alway a carton of milk in the freezer to defrost for coffe in the a.m.---just no room steward

We left our two male teenagers home one year.. the roast was still in the refigerator, the salad spoiled and the house spotless... they had numerous parties I've been told. oh yes..the to of the washing machine was broken.. and the liquor had been watered down. They ordered pizzza

Archived