Scarlet Lady first sailing from Miami. Anything you'd like to know?...

sid_9169

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

All cruise ship walls are typically ferrous metal to which magnets will stick.

Oh good! I know VV is trying some new things and doing things different, but I assumed the basic materials of the ships make would be the same, but figured I'd double check!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

@sid_9169 do you have shore things available on the app yet? If so, are you able to see how much the cabanas at Bimini cost? If my sailing goes forward, I will be there the day I turn the big 5-0 and thinking of going big and renting the cabana!

There are a few options available, all listed at $350...

Screenshot_20210930-111154.thumb.png.8d1c92320300a8c70fc865e699c2097e.png

Screenshot_20210930-111203.thumb.png.c822caa9e856f623ea56905dd39aced2.png

Screenshot_20210930-111209.thumb.png.5f49a8a3b5d4f0827c0b81074e5ca32a.png

Screenshot_20210930-111216.png

oh ok....I'm actually speaking from personal experience, all cabanas are sold out for my December voyage and I've seen other people with voyages this year also posting that they sell out in advance.  When you book the cabana on the app, it specifically tells you that it includes $100 in bar credit.

Edited by drewdawg199

The cabanas were sold out on my Virgin Sailing when the a window opened up for mine (I'm not in a suite so apparently the cabanas sold out to Rockstars).  I'll still ask on board, but I'm not holding my breath.  We usually sail Disney as a family, and have only been able to snag a cabana one time on the 13 non-concierge cruises that we have taken.  My experience is very similar to the pp, they do sell out very quickly.

• Like 2

Our hop-on hop-off trolley in Bimini ticket got canceled, and now I don't see that offered at all in the excursions. Is it currently available to you? I'm wondering if perhaps they are still offering it but made it free? I'm trying to figure out how to get around the island if we want to see more but not book the historical tour. That trolley seemed ideal.

3 minutes ago, 70KToM said:

Our hop-on hop-off trolley in Bimini ticket got canceled, and now I don't see that offered at all in the excursions. Is it currently available to you? I'm wondering if perhaps they are still offering it but made it free? I'm trying to figure out how to get around the island if we want to see more but not book the historical tour. That trolley seemed ideal.

The only thing showing that's similar to that is this for $55... There's no hop on hop off tour listed.

Screenshot_20211003-202409.png

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The only thing showing that's similar to that is this for $55... There's no hop on hop off tour listed.

Screenshot_20211003-202409.png

That just keeps showing how incompetent VV is in communicating with their sailors--PLEASE, everyone, let your voice be heard on the ship at Sailor Services---This is not acceptable..

4 hours ago, LibrarianMonroe said:

This is a minor issue, but one thing I'd like to know is if you can go straight to your cabin upon boarding.  Some let you (like Princess) and others don't (like Disney, iirc) and I am just wondering.

They will still have to clean the cabins after the prior passengers vacate, although everything should be completely accessable on this first cruise, and there weren't passengers debarking...

If anyone that will be on an upcoming voyage in October and are staying in a cheeky corner suite on deck 11, could you please post a picture of the balcony setup or describe the furniture on the balcony?  I've seen conflicting information, it appears that it should have a couch, two lounger chairs (the long ones) and a champagne table.  However, I've seen photos from UK voyages that appear to have only two standard chairs (not loungers), but perhaps those are from a lower deck as the balconies get smaller?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, drewdawg199 said:

If anyone that will be on an upcoming voyage in October and are staying in a cheeky corner suite on deck 11, could you please post a picture of the balcony setup or describe the furniture on the balcony?  I've seen conflicting information, it appears that it should have a couch, two lounger chairs (the long ones) and a champagne table.  However, I've seen photos from UK voyages that appear to have only two standard chairs (not loungers), but perhaps those are from a lower deck as the balconies get smaller?

Thanks

Perhaps separate threads on the different rooms???

We've got the same Cheeky Corner on deck 11 next March so curious as well. On YouTube - Cruise with Ben and David, they do a complete CCS tour but they were on deck 14. It posted about a month ago.

11 hours ago, drewdawg199 said:

Thanks

After spending far too much of my time watching various vlogs and reading about the UK staycations it seems that on the UK cruises that not all of the larger balconies were 'fully furnished' as the furniture was in Miami and hadn't been taken onboard. Severeal folks had asked sailor services as the furniture wasn't what they were expecting.  Hopefully when you sail all of the furniture will be onboard!

Hope you have a great cruise! We ho in February.  If you get a chsnce would love to know if they have any domestic beer (bud light, coors light etc) and also if they have captain morgan. My friends joining us are concerned . Thank you!

Connie 

Another question (I asked this on a live from as well, in case anyone recognizes it) - the covid testing was in terminal G.  Where do you get out of your cab / uber etc?  Terminal F or G? We'll have luggage to get onboard so we want to stop in the right place to drop it off.  Also, are F and G walkable for someone with a bad back?