Symphony of the Seas Helpful Hints

Cruisamaniac

We just returned from a cruise on Symphony of the Seas. The ship  is beautiful. The COVID protocols are definitely being adhered to and the staff is excellent.  Below are some of our findings. Hopefully, 1 or 2 of them may be helpful to you. Also, we can answer any questions you may have.

1. Bring your own straws. You are not a fan of paper straws, you will need to bring your own. We brought a pack of plastic straws that came individually wrapped.

1. 3 specialty restaurants $109.00 (for 2 people) plus gratuities. This special is offered the first day only. It is a great deal, considering the normal cost to eat at these restaurants.

Note:  If you like Hibachi – Izumi is great, but, bring your own Yum Yum sauce -they don’t offer it as one their sauces. We brought our own.

1. Items pressed 1 - $17.99 1 bag that was fairly large (first day only), can accommodate quite a few clothes

1. Day 4 items washed $24.99 per bag  -  Diamond member receive a discount

1. 1977 ice show - don’t miss – probably the best Ice show I have seen on a ship

1. The music on the ship was very good.  Note: If you like smooth jazz – The Smooth Quartet band was outstanding. You’ll love the lead singer.

1. $139.00 Massage Package special (plus gratuities). Offered on port days only (includes: Full Body, Foot & Ankle, and Facial.

1. See RinRin or Mo at Schooner Bar – They are fun people who make the best drinks. Tell them, Glenn mentioned them.

1. Shows in the Royal Theater are freezing – you may need a sweater. My wife had to wear a jacket.
  • Like 5

On 9/23/2021 at 10:13 AM, joyhannah said:

did you have to book your shows before the cruise?

did you take your covid test 28 hours before?

Reservations only done onboard via app but lots of space available.  Vaccinated shows did not require masks (including deck 4 theater).

We did our covid at an urgent care facility before flying, antigen had results via text with link within 15 minutes.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:00 PM, Cruisamaniac said:

We just returned from a cruise on Symphony of the Seas. The ship  is beautiful. The COVID protocols are definitely being adhered to and the staff is excellent.  Below are some of our findings. Hopefully, 1 or 2 of them may be helpful to you. Also, we can answer any questions you may have.

1. Bring your own straws. You are not a fan of paper straws, you will need to bring your own. We brought a pack of plastic straws that came individually wrapped.

1. 3 specialty restaurants $109.00 (for 2 people) plus gratuities. This special is offered the first day only. It is a great deal, considering the normal cost to eat at these restaurants.

Note:  If you like Hibachi – Izumi is great, but, bring your own Yum Yum sauce -they don’t offer it as one their sauces. We brought our own.

1. Items pressed 1 - $17.99 1 bag that was fairly large (first day only), can accommodate quite a few clothes

1. Day 4 items washed $24.99 per bag  -  Diamond member receive a discount

1. 1977 ice show - don’t miss – probably the best Ice show I have seen on a ship

1. The music on the ship was very good.  Note: If you like smooth jazz – The Smooth Quartet band was outstanding. You’ll love the lead singer.

1. $139.00 Massage Package special (plus gratuities). Offered on port days only (includes: Full Body, Foot & Ankle, and Facial.

1. See RinRin or Mo at Schooner Bar – They are fun people who make the best drinks. Tell them, Glenn mentioned them.

1. Shows in the Royal Theater are freezing – you may need a sweater. My wife had to wear a jacket.

I LOVED 1877 THE ICE SHOW!!!! My favorite though was "FLIGHT." have they started that show again?

On 9/22/2021 at 11:00 PM, Cruisamaniac said:

How long was this? Which type of full body was it? I see they have deep tissue, bamboo, swedish, etc

2 minutes ago, Cruisamaniac said:

No, we paid $109 for the 2 of us. The specialty restaurants were kind of expensive, so we could not pass up this deal.

Wow! That's a crazy good deal! Right now on my cruise planner it's 109.00 per person for the 3 Night Specialty Dinner package.

17 hours ago, Cruisamaniac said:

No, we paid $109 for the 2 of us. The specialty restaurants were kind of expensive, so we could not pass up this deal.

Wow!!  Thank you!!  Going to hold out hope that this is available when we go in November!!

15 hours ago, Cisco Kid said:

CORRECTION:  We are sailing October 23rd, not the 22nd. 

We’re on that sailing too. Yay. ,    We normally wear suits on the old formal night but have elected this time to opt for dressy casual as we anticipate less folks on board etc, etc..  Honestly you can wear what you want for the most part. 

• All short itineraries (5-nights or less) offer a “Wear Your Best” evening onboard (in lieu of a formal night).  Royal Caribbean describes it as: Nighttime’s the right time to wear your best look.  That means a step up from your tropical dinner wear, and includes collared shirts, dresses, skirts, blouses and pantsuits.  Jackets, tuxedos/formal wear sports coats and blazers are also appropriate. 

On 9/29/2021 at 5:01 PM, Cisco Kid said:

Thanks for the information.  My husband and I are scheduled for the October 22nd sailing and we want to know if there is a Formal Night and do we dress up? 

There is a formal night and a "wear your best" night

• 2 weeks later...

Very excited to be on Symphony on Saturday, Oct. 15, for B2b cruises!  We were wondering when you get access to your cabin.  Since departure is 7:30 pm and arrivals don’t start until 1:30, can you go straight to your cabin?

Edited by mac123
Didn’t apply due to the date