Vax doses within 42 doses

winty

Hi all. Has anyone cruises but had their two vaccine doses  longer than 42 days apart? Having such problems with RC, one staff member tells me they should be within 42 days and one says no, there is no time limit. For U.K. people who can now travel to USA and cruise, this is a real issue, thanks all 

Stateside it's 21 days for the Pfizer shots, 28 days for Moderna. But you can wait as long as 42 days before getting the second shot. Moderna recently recommended waiting longer before second shot to increase effectiveness, versus doing a booster 6 months or so down the road.

3 hours ago, winty said:

Hi all. Has anyone cruises but had their two vaccine doses  longer than 42 days apart? Having such problems with RC, one staff member tells me they should be within 42 days and one says no, there is no time limit. For U.K. people who can now travel to USA and cruise, this is a real issue, thanks all 

As per the website, you are considered "fully" vaccinated with 2  vaccines at least 14 days before sailing. We are in Canada and 2nd doses were extended as well:

image.png.19391e89ad4a77f5d48964fe4a54464c.png

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

As per the website, you are considered "fully" vaccinated with 2  vaccines at least 14 days before sailing. We are in Canada and 2nd doses were extended as well:

image.png.19391e89ad4a77f5d48964fe4a54464c.png

This is so weird! They☝️say 12+ years need the full vaccination, but now, suddenly, they decided to demand it from ALL passengers for Trans Atlantic cruise!? I have a booking with my 9-year old daughter..🤷

Where on earth there could be a possibility to have her vaccinated, as there have not been vaccines available for kids, yet!

I haven't got any answers from customer service/emails: firstly, regarding this question about the vaccination policy with kids AND also, is this cruise cancelled or not (already on 31st of October from Barcelona to Florida). As it's still unclear, whether Europeans can go to U.S. by sea (on 14th of November). 

How and why RCCL did make the booking for us for this cruise, as assumingly, they are not taking any kids on board/we don't meet their travel restrictions.. I'm so frustrated, grr 😡

1 hour ago, winty said:

Thanks, conflicting information given from RC then. One told me 42 days, the other told me no limit. Asking for it in writing so there is no problems when boarding! 
cheers 

As long as dose 1 and dose 2 are the same manufacturer, there is no limit on time between doses. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

Where does it say that RCI won't allow unvax kids?

Has been inferred in the language here since beginning of August, since it says ALL guests.

For transatlantic cruises from Barcelona, all guests must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. Guests without proof of vaccination will not be permitted to sail. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

Edited to correct my dates.  Language was posted for Barcelona around July 8, per my notes. Not suddenly, but, definitely unclear.  

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Now I see it. Interesting. 
thanks 

I'm not sailing with a booked child on the TA, but, if I were and I hadn't yet had a communication from RCL being more direct about this by now and  subsequently was caught unaware, I'd be Karening all over the place. 

I'm in the first boarding group which is good because I do NOT want to be seeing these poor families left behind.  😢

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Has been inferred in the language here since beginning of August, since it says ALL guests.

Assuming the TA sails with passengers, I assume that’s a typo and they meant all eligible passengers. 

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Assuming the TA sails with passengers, I assume that’s a typo and they meant all eligible passengers. 

Posted since July, I'd not make such an assumption now that it's nearly October.

Surely, it's been questioned over and over by now. It's been discussed previously here and on social media. It has been the consensus of the roll call that the TA will sail without children.

9 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Posted since July, I'd not make such an assumption now that it's nearly October.

Surely, it's been questioned over and over by now. It's been discussed previously here and on social media. It has been the consensus of the roll call that the TA will sail without children.

I'm new here (on the forum) and I have not seen any posts in social media either. I have tried to solve this out and I'm already desperate, because I won't ge tany answers. Even thr travel agency doesn't get answers from RCCL.
Please send a link to these discussions?
I have tried to be in contact with RCCL by local travel agency, by email (reply=mailbox full), by internet form, by Facebook, by Twitter... Still haven't got any other answer than that "they're working on this" (my question) regarding child.
Another important question is: is this ship sailing with tourists, are the Europeans allowed to go to USA by sea? Is the date of travel ban to be ended officially confirmed?

And here it is on their site:

Vaccination Requirement

For Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona, all Royal Caribbean guests age 18 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. We will continually evaluate these requirements and make updates as local public health standards evolve. Guests younger than 18 don’t need to be vaccinated— but if they are, they should bring their proof of vaccination to board and they can follow the testing guidance for fully vaccinated guests. For transatlantic cruises from Barcelona, all guests must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. Guests without proof of vaccination will not be permitted to sail. We will continually evaluate these requirements and make updates as local public health standards evolve.

All guests sailing on back to back cruises must be fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated guests including children will not be permitted to sail on a back to back cruise.

All crew onboard Harmony of the Seas will be fully vaccinated.

3 hours ago, Taru said:

And here it is on their site:

Vaccination Requirement

For Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona, all Royal Caribbean guests age 18 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. We will continually evaluate these requirements and make updates as local public health standards evolve. Guests younger than 18 don’t need to be vaccinated— but if they are, they should bring their proof of vaccination to board and they can follow the testing guidance for fully vaccinated guests. For transatlantic cruises from Barcelona, all guests must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. Guests without proof of vaccination will not be permitted to sail. We will continually evaluate these requirements and make updates as local public health standards evolve.

All guests sailing on back to back cruises must be fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated guests including children will not be permitted to sail on a back to back cruise.

All crew onboard Harmony of the Seas will be fully vaccinated.

I’m confused.  Are you talking about a Mediterranean cruise or a transatlantic cruise?  Aren’t they two different things with possibly two different set of rules?

I'm talking about the Trans Atlantic. 

5 hours ago, Taru said:

For transatlantic cruises from Barcelona, all guests must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. Guests without proof of vaccination will not be permitted to sail.

So, it says "ALL guests", and in my understanding the requirement applies for children, as well. Even if it is impossible to have a vaccine for kids (so far). It was only this week, when there was a study released that the Pfizer is safe for ages 5-11 yrs. 

5 hours ago, Taru said:

I'm new here (on the forum) and I have not seen any posts in social media either. I have tried to solve this out and I'm already desperate, because I won't ge tany answers. Even thr travel agency doesn't get answers from RCCL.
Please send a link to these discussions?
I have tried to be in contact with RCCL by local travel agency, by email (reply=mailbox full), by internet form, by Facebook, by Twitter... Still haven't got any other answer than that "they're working on this" (my question) regarding child.
Another important question is: is this ship sailing with tourists, are the Europeans allowed to go to USA by sea? Is the date of travel ban to be ended officially confirmed?

I'm sorry for the troubles you're having.  You have legitimate questions. Many others have the same.  Unfortunately, no one here has a definitive answer. We see exactly what you are seeing.  We don't know a date when non-US will be permitted entry and we don't know for certain if children are barred from boarding due to their vaccination status, though many of us agree the language sure implies that. That language was posted around July 10th on RCL website.   If you believe some frequent posters here, this sailing will not go with ANY passengers. 

• Like 1

Yep, it's very unlikely, that we will get on this cruise 😞 I guess, it will be postponed one year ahead - again.
I called to customer service yesterday. The clerk said, that there are no cancellations informed regarding this cruise (TA, Barcelona 31.10., RCCL Harmony). She was not sure, but assumed, that only Americans will get on board.
IF
 the US border were opened to Europeans, then still the restriction on vaccinating children would not be removed.. 
Anw, I already mentally give up of hope travelling/cruising this fall..

On 9/23/2021 at 7:02 PM, Biker19 said:

It's official.  No children on the TA.

Excerpt from a letter received today announcing itinerary changes.

Please note: If you select Option 1, please know that due to the length of this sailing and the number of consecutive days at sea, only fully vaccinated guests will be able to sail. To be considered fully vaccinated, the last dose of your vaccine must be received no less than 14 days prior to sailing. Regrettably, unvaccinated children are unable to join us on this sailing.

• Thanks 1

As a Canadian citizen I was advised by my government to accept the first available vaccines, thus I had a Pfizer shot in April and a Moderna shot in July as that was what was available and the earliest I could get an appointment.  It appears I cannot travel on RC because of different vaccines and I was vaccinated more than 42 days between the vaccinations.  Very sad I cannot travel on my favourite cruise line.