So we might get our cabin assignment at the pier

jsglow

For those of you who have experience with this, clue me in to checking luggage with the porters.  FWIW, we'll be in Miami.  Should I print out and attach the red TBA tags if it comes down to that before our flight?  Still have a couple days, of course.  Your experience with this is appreciated. 

I only had one time at the pier, last minute booking. You have to go where they check in luggage to the main porter desk. He has a book with all the cabin assignments in it. He can make you luggage tags. He is the only one with the list. Cant  check in until you see him.

• Like 3

Thinking about it more..... There must be a point when they close out the manifest and stop selling the cruise; maybe 12-24 hours in advance.  Right now there's WAY over 150 eligible balcs available for booking, including many huge upgrades all the way up to Havana Aft Wraps.  Certainly they'll keep all of their super premium inventory available for last second purchase at $$ way above my price point for as long as humanly possible.  So the longer we stay #TBA, the better. 🤔

4 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Thinking about it more..... There must be a point when they close out the manifest and stop selling the cruise; maybe 12-24 hours in advance.  Right now there's WAY over 150 eligible balcs available for booking, including many huge upgrades all the way up to Havana Aft Wraps.  Certainly they'll keep all of their super premium inventory available for last second purchase at $$ way above my price point for as long as humanly possible.  So the longer we stay #TBA, the better. 🤔

I booked the day the cruise left. They can actually wait until 60 to 90 minutes before the ship leaves the dock to submit the manifest. I barely managed to get on the ship in time it took them so long to finalize the booking. ..as I said .. this was the day of the ship leaving. Was a hurricane special price they dont offer until the day of in the past. 

They closed boarding like 4 pm ship left at 5 pm. The manifest is then submitted.

Think about it .  Some are no shows or had wrong paperwork . The manifest submitted has to show who is actually on the ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I booked the day the cruise left. They can actually wait until 60 to 90 minutes before the ship leaves the dock to submit the manifest. I barely managed to get on the ship in time it took them so long to finalize the booking. ..as I said .. this was the day of the ship leaving. Was a hurricane special price they dont offer until the day of in the past. 

They closed boarding like 4 pm ship left at 5 pm. The manifest is then submitted.

Think about it .  Some are no shows or had wrong paperwork . The manifest submitted has to show who is actually on the ship.

Wow! That beats our record by a mile.  Years ago, we booked the San Juan itinerary on Friday, flew from Chicago to San Juan on Saturday, and sailed on Sunday. Our Cabin steward said 'Hello Mr & Mrs. Smith.' 'Um no, we're Mr & Mrs. jsglow! But send them our bill, okay?' 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Wow! That beats our record by a mile.  Years ago, we booked the San Juan itinerary on Friday, flew from Chicago to San Juan on Saturday, and sailed on Sunday. Our Cabin steward said 'Hello Mr & Mrs. Smith.' 'Um no, we're Mr & Mrs. jsglow! But send them our bill, okay?' 😁 

Lol the welcome aboard letter in the quad I once got with a last minute booking also was addressed to someone else. Oh boy a quad for a solo cruise .. not. 

Someone at carnival said they really need it 90 minutes because they have to make sure it's in order to send at 60 minutes, so they can get permission to clear customs. Might have been my pvp. 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, jsglow said:

What room did you end up getting assigned?

Edited by blondie444
clarity