Quick question about wine in steakhouse

fuzzychop1

7 minutes ago, fuzzychop1 said:

I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to locate it. Can someone confirm that you still receive a free bottle of wine in the steakhouse on the first night? Please and thank you!

You can take advantage of the 50% off a bottle if you'd like to try a better vintage the first night, too. 

https://www.carnival.com/awaywego/cruising-fun/what-to-expect/10-things-need-know-carnivals-steakhouse

(official citation)

Anyone who has done this know if the selection of "free" would include Moscato D'Asti or similar? Not a huge wine drinker, but that stuff made awesome mimosas on the Breeze...

Edited by Brkintx
  • Like 1

I think the free bottle of wine is on elegant night also?  I thought that I read that somewhere.  Also- on another thread someone stated they brought a 4pack of wine - 187 ml each instead of the 750 ml bottle- does anyone know if this works?

38 minutes ago, Brkintx said:

Anyone who has done this know if the selection of "free" would include Moscato D'Asti or similar? Not a huge wine drinker, but that stuff made awesome mimosas on the Breeze...

No. It is their selection of cheap white or cheap red.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

No. It is their selection of cheap white or cheap red.

Fair enough... It'll go back home to the cabinet until re-gifting time...  #WhiteElephantGift

( The Moscato D'Asti on the Breeze was something like $15 retail, so I was kinda hoping it would be covered... 😉   )

2 hours ago, HillBilly Bob said:

We don't drink but we still take the "free" unopened bottle and give it to our cabin attendant for a perk.  

Just left Pride...did 1st night and got free bottle but they would not give to us unopened. we had drink package  but they said they had to open and pour a small amount then we could take the rest with  us 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, fuzzychop1 said:

I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to locate it. Can someone confirm that you still receive a free bottle of wine in the steakhouse on the first night? Please and thank you!

I just got a mail. I have a reso at the Steak house on the Miracle in 3 days and they messaged the other day saying ill get the free wine for my meal at 530 on Monday (1st day of cruise on mon-fri cruise)

Edited by KyloRen

On our last cruise in January 2020, we won dinner in the steakhouse and it included a free bottle of wine, our choice. We picked Moscato, no idea of brand, it was good. Not wine drinkers, wouldn't have had any wine if we had to pay for it. The steakhouse dinner was a great and delicious experience!

Last carnival cruise I had (jan 2020, elation), the best Cab under the Cheers was J. Lohrs, which retails about $12 a bottle. They had worse:) Moscat D'asti is a pretty good step up from your el-cheapo Moscato. I would be very surprised if it was a free option.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone clarify if the free bottle of wine is ONLY on the first day or also the 2nd day? 

Also can you ONLY get the free bottle OR the 50% off? A friend of mine went a little while back and was able to buy several bottles 50% off he mentioned and have them stored and brought to the main dining room during the week. 

2 minutes ago, MississippiMike said:

Can anyone clarify if the free bottle of wine is ONLY on the first day or also the 2nd day? 

Also can you ONLY get the free bottle OR the 50% off? A friend of mine went a little while back and was able to buy several bottles 50% off he mentioned and have them stored and brought to the main dining room during the week. 

It is the first night, or (usually also) first elegant night, which in most cases is the second night. It is one or the other, or neither. As it is a promotion, albeit one that has lasted years, it is subject to change.

You can buy more than one bottle, but only one at a time, and only as you consume them. No more loading up for the cruise.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

It is the first night, or (usually also) first elegant night, which in most cases is the second night. It is one or the other, or neither. As it is a promotion, albeit one that has lasted years, it is subject to change.

You can buy more than one bottle, but only one at a time, and only as you consume them. No more loading up for the cruise.

Thanks. I would likely take advantage of the promotion for one 50% sparkling and instead carryon two bottle of Red's we enjoy instead. 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:01 PM, fuzzychop1 said:

Yes and many times the second night also. As for the so called cheep wine. So what, it is FREE. We did enjoy the RED. It was just fine. We are not wine coinsures. 50% off of your choice if you are.