Spectrum of the Seas homeporting in Singapore in end 2022

masteradept

5 hours ago, masteradept said:

Finally a nice change of ship here in Singapore. Spectrum is scheduled to homeport from October 2022 to April 2023.

Source: https://www.sgcruisesociety.com/blog/sc-sghomeport-2022

It's not Wonder like some of us hoped, but still something!

fantastic news! My Voyager cruises ex Singapore were of course cancelled, I would much rather sail Spectrum 😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I wonder if Spectrum will return to Hong Kong/China after the Singapore deployment, or move elsewhere.

If so what ship will be in Singapore?

I think if Queensland gets the OK to start cruises.RC may bring Quantum to Brisbane and replace it in Singapore with Spectrum.

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

I have not seen any announcement about where Wonder goes after her European season, however on the RC website it does show some sailing from Hong Kong.

It goes back to Florida at the end of October ,so it looks like no ships in China.

I believe RC has a agreement to have at least a Quantam in Singapore.

9AE71618-0027-42FA-B5B9-CF4E094A0F3B.thumb.png.e117d38d2e37e240532b3fbb635d8745.png

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if Royal walks away from China entirely.  I’ve never been convinced it would be sustainable.  The geopolitical situation is getting worse and there are plenty of profitable markets for these newer larger ships.  
Singapore is more likely a beneficiary than a victim, however I do think Quantum will sail in Alaska and from Brisbane.  If Royal pulls out of China, I’d guess Spectrum would sail year round from Singapore. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if the agreement with Singapore is to have a year round deployment, but it could otherwise go back to the pre-covid days of no year-round deployment in Singapore, with Spectrum using Mariner's old schedule of summers in Shanghai and winters in Singapore.

• Like 1

Spectrum may possibly  split the year between Singapore and China.

Viking has a Chinese flag and Genting is Malaysian .They don’t seem to have a problem in China but I think the American companies will probably pull out.Apparently there’s a flood of companies leaving because of the conditions there.

Our Queensland premier is trying to start cruises for Christmas.

If there‘s a decision to start soon,I think RC will pull out of China and swap Spectrum for Quantum. Bringing quantum to Brisbane around Christmas then on to Alaska for the season.

5 hours ago, masteradept said:

I'm not sure if the agreement with Singapore is to have a year round deployment, but it could otherwise go back to the pre-covid days of no year-round deployment in Singapore, with Spectrum using Mariner's old schedule of summers in Shanghai and winters in Singapore.

This is probably unlikely given how there is less market demand for homeports in our region overall, especially with the fact that by deploying Spectrum from Oct 2022, it already breaks that agreement for a year round deployment. 

I'm thinking that year round agreement was probably only valid until there was confidence that sailings could venture into international ports again.

Edited by Ethanol95

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Any guesses at likely port calls for the repo from Beijing to Singapore? 
Obvious ones…. Shanghai, HK. 
What about…. Keelung?  HaLong/HaNoi?  Phu My?  

Think it might be a normal 9N one way. HK, Phu My, Hanoi and Bangkok. 

I hope it's more interesting than that. 

On 9/28/2021 at 1:48 AM, masteradept said:

Finally a nice change of ship here in Singapore. Spectrum is scheduled to homeport from October 2022 to April 2023.

Source: https://www.sgcruisesociety.com/blog/sc-sghomeport-2022

It's not Wonder like some of us hoped, but still something!

Maybe we will get a oasis class?

I’m trying to think what will replace spectrum after April 2023.

How about a oasis class?

Maybe not wonder ,maybe oasis or allure in Brisbane during the Australia season and reposition to Singapore .Spectrum could go back to China.

Just a thought 

16 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

How about a oasis class?

Maybe not wonder ,maybe oasis or allure in Brisbane during the Australia season and reposition to Singapore .Spectrum could go back to China.

Just a thought 

I think it's hard to speculate this far out with how fluid things are at the moment. 

On 9/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, Chiliburn said:

How about a oasis class?

Just a thought 

I'm also keeping an eye out because I want to cruise Asia in the summer of 2023.  I'm hoping for Wonder!  But a Quantum class or Oasis Class would make me happy!

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean will be deploying the Spectrum of the Seas, the first Quantum Ultra vessel in the fleet to Singapore in April 2022, ahead of the October 2022 timeline originally announced by the cruise line late last year. 

She will take over operations of the Singapore Ocean Getaway (commonly known as Cruise to Nowhere) sailings seamlessly from Quantum of the Seas on 11 April 2022. The Quantum is scheduled to cross the Pacific Ocean for her new assignment in Alaska in May.

24 new sailings, including 8 during School Holidays

Similar to Quantum, Spectrum of the Seas will be operating the popular 3- and 4-Nights Ocean Getaway sailings departing every Monday and Thursday from the Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore. She will offer 24 new sailings from 11 April up till 30 June 2022, 8 of which will be during the June school holidays in Singapore.

sc-aprmay.png?format=1000w
Spectrum of the Seas’ inaugural Ocean Getaway cruise from Singapore will be on April 11. Guests disembarking after Quantum of the Seas’ April 7 cruise may have a chance to do a back-to-back cruise to hop right onto the new ship, as both of them will be together in Singapore on that day.
What to expect?

Foodies will love the Spectrum as it offers over nineteen distinct dining options serving up flavours from around the world, including local favourite Hotpot with the authentic Chinese dining experience. Japanese dishes with oriental flavours cooked in Japan’s traditional style, Teppanyaki, a new dining experience available exclusively on Spectrum of the Seas, Sichuan Red, offering cuisines with authentic spices and Sichuan flavours, just in time to cater for the local ‘Mala’ trend.

Unfortunately, we understand that Dadong Wonderland, a collaboration between Dadong (the roast duck restaurant in Beijing) and Royal Caribbean’s Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine will expire in February, and will not make an appearance in Singapore if an extension is not signed. We will confirm again if this is the case.

Some Quantum Class favourites will also be available on Spectrum, including the all-time favourite FlowRider, Bumper Cars, North Star and Ripcord by iFly. Unique to Spectrum of the Seas would be the Sky Pad, a virtual reality, bungee trampoline adventure where guests strap in and don a headset to transport themselves to another time and planet.

The ship also offers Star Moment, a lively and energetic karaoke venue where family and friends can belt out and sing like stars, though we are not sure if this venue would be operating due to Singapore health measure

Rooms & Suites

The highlight of Spectrum of the Seas would be the first-in-the-fleet exclusive suite enclave, a private section of the ship reserved for Suite guests. Comprising dedicated lounges, exclusive restaurants, a viewing deck and a private elevator, this ship will elevate your suite life onboard Royal Caribbean.

sc-rsc.png?format=1000w

Pay particular attention to the Golden Balcony and Golden Junior Suites. With only 6 and 5 of them respectively, they offer the most cost-effective method to enjoy what Spectrum of the Seas really has to offer - suite specific amenities and experience. 

The Spectrum of the Seas will also offer the standard range of staterooms: Interiors, Oceanviews and Ocean View Balconies. Do take note that room configurations and locations may be slightly different than that of Quantum.

Important points:
  • As you are still sailing from Singapore, the ship will be in compliance with Singapore health and safety protocols. Hence, rules ashore will apply on board, such as the no alcoholic beverages after 10:30 pm rule, masking, group size limits and more.

• The ship has an official capacity of 5,622 (total full guests), hence in compliance with local regulations set out by the Singapore Tourism Board, the ship capacity must be capped at 50%, which is about 2,811. 

• Other than the normal entertainment and sports activities, Spectrum also offers different production and headliner shows than that on Quantum. Be sure not to miss Effectors and Showgirl in the Royal Theatre, and Silk Road in the Two70!

Some VTL questions…

The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) recently lifted the ban on international guests on cruises departing out from Singapore. Though Royal Caribbean has yet to officially market to or accept bookings from overseas guests yet, probably due to concerns over the Omicron variant with the government tightening border restrictions.

However, with the restrictions loosening just a few days ago, we shall see if Royal Caribbean makes changes to this rule soon.

Bookings open Thursday

The Spectrum of the Seas Singapore Ocean Getaway sailings from April to June will be covered under Royal Caribbean’s Cruise with Confidence programme which was recently extended to bookings made before March 31, 2022, on sailings that sail by September 30, 2022. This programme allows guests the flexibility to cancel a reservation up to 48 hours before departure in exchange for a Future Cruise Credit with no penalty.

Bookings open Thursday, January 27, 2022. You may book through Royal Caribbean’s website or your preferred travel agent or partner.

Spectrum of the Seas to be homeported ahead of schedule in Singapore from April 2022 — Singapore Cruise Society (sgcruisesociety.com)

6 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

excellent confirmation that Quantum will indeed now sail up to Alaska.

On earlier thread some conversation on concerns if this would happen.   I can keep my reservation now.

I was pretty confident that Alaska would still carry on as Quantum would eventually leave SG. Can't wait for Spectrum, already booked on her for May 19th in Sky class! So excited 🙂

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I was pretty confident that Alaska would still carry on as Quantum would eventually leave SG. Can't wait for Spectrum, already booked on her for May 19th in Sky class! So excited 🙂

Well on a thread about a month ago folks had some concern.

I am glad to get opportunity to go on Quantum as I had done Ovation as well as Anthem.

would love to do your trip but too far to fly.

• Like 1