Independent travel onshore resuming tomorrow 28th September

kcpvwill

So I know about Malta that one can go off on own , but do not know about Italy or Spain . Figure When I get on board it will

be known. I am only doing ship excursion for my cruise. Viking died a great job with hiring guides . 

The announcement said it was for all Viking ships (subject to local rules) .  In Malta we could go ashore independently but Greece yesterday at CDC level 4 meant we had to stay in the Viking bubble.  Now the person in charge of all the safety Covid rules  in head office (Chief Medical Officer) has said the Viking rules have changed and so we can stay ashore after our tours and wander around  on our own.  So it doesn’t seem to be the itinerary as it applies to all ships.  
Happy exploring! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

The announcement said it was for all Viking ships (subject to local rules) .  In Malta we could go ashore independently but Greece yesterday at CDC level 4 meant we had to stay in the Viking bubble.  Now the person in charge of all the safety Covid rules  in head office (Chief Medical Officer) has said the Viking rules have changed and so we can stay ashore after our tours and wander around  on our own.  So it doesn’t seem to be the itinerary as it applies to all ships.  
Happy exploring! 

Can you point me to the announcement please?  Thx.