Celebrity digital experience survey

dreams_of_travel

Did anyone get the email asking to fill out a digital experience survey?  I just filled out the survey, and I wonder what direction they are thinking of going.  There were questions/comments about smart watches, smart phone pay option apps (ApplePay, SamsungPay), and if one would use the app to open cabin or pay on board.   I am a bit mixed about the potential options.    Of course, if it doesn't function well (I'm looking at you Princess with your medallion app/medallion) then it is non-starter for me.

Thoughts?

In theory, I'm all in favour of a greater digital experience. I remember a thread just a few years ago when I asked why cruise lines couldn't offer digital boarding passes as airline had been doing for some time, and I barely survived the abusive responses. Fortunately, things have progressed and most people have bought into the digital world. Not all happily, perhaps, but we're there.

Unfortunately, Celebrity has a less than stellar reputation for anything digital, whether its website ashore, its wifi speeds aboard or its app wherever.  So while I'd love to be able to use my iPhone or Apple watch for expanded cruising purposes, I'm not sure that Celebrity can deliver. 

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

In theory, I'm all in favour of a greater digital experience. I remember a thread just a few years ago when I asked why cruise lines couldn't offer digital boarding passes as airline had been doing for some time, and I barely survived the abusive responses. Fortunately, things have progressed and most people have bought into the digital world. Not all happily, perhaps, but we're there.

Unfortunately, Celebrity has a less than stellar reputation for anything digital, whether its website ashore, its wifi speeds aboard or its app wherever.  So while I'd love to be able to use my iPhone or Apple watch for expanded cruising purposes, I'm not sure that Celebrity can deliver. 

I agree digital boarding passes like the airlines manage to do well would be a nice thing.  Recently I was happy to see VeriFly and the American app working well together, b/c they did not work well in July before my Apex cruise. 

Good point re: Celebrity's wifi speeds onboard.  I just hope whatever they are thinking of will be better than the Princess medallion app.  They will need to greatly up their game to make something that is near flawless. 

• Like 1

If they really have the resources to be considering new digital initiatives, perhaps they would better utilize those resources fixing their EXISTING platforms???  The existing systems are aggravation enough for their customers without yet another layer of 'almost functional' to the puzzle.

• Like 1

The digital key for the room didn’t always function. Although my iPhone 11 turned the light Green, it failed to open the door.

My DH had more luck with his  Hawari phone.

The Dietary symbols were absent from menus when using the phone, but as I was brought a paper menu each evening before leaving the MDR, so I could order for the following night, the problem was solved ( I am Dairy Intolerant).

I did fill in a mid cruise survey to pass on this information.

Also, we had the time of one excursion changed x2, but the original times were shown on the App.

Edited by upwarduk