Cheers Package

Sunnyfun3379

2 minutes ago, Sunnyfun3379 said:

Can anyone confirm whether or not Carnival offers an extra discount on Cheers closer to the sail date?  We want to purchase, but don't want to jump the gun if we'll get more then the 10% you get for purchasing ahead.

No. Usually the discount is prior to your cruise purchased on the website. Check it. It will tell you. Once on the ship it is usually higher.

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The price is the price on Carnival.  If you want "dynamic pricing" that fluctuates depending upon your ship or sail date, then cruise on RCI.

Boy, such a nice reply. Reason I ask is choice of using obc. If same price on board compared to pre cruise I might use obc    I also have two credit cards that have a current promo for using on carnival 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thepla said:

Boy, such a nice reply. Reason I ask is choice of using obc. If same price on board compared to pre cruise I might use obc    I also have two credit cards that have a current promo for using on carnival 

The price on board is higher than the prepurchase price for both Cheers and BB.  @SNJCruisersis correct that Carnival does not have dynamic pricing.  The price will not change closer to the sail date.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunnyfun3379 said:

Can anyone confirm whether or not Carnival offers an extra discount on Cheers closer to the sail date?  We want to purchase, but don't want to jump the gun if we'll get more then the 10% you get for purchasing ahead.

I've seen Cheers discounted once ever.  

That said, I always get Cheers, but I do it beforehand, and I do it with gift cards to get an extra 10%.  THE MAN HAS BEEN STUCK IT TO.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thepla said:

Pre cruise saves you 10%, if you have a ton of OBC, then wait till you board.  Cheers has only gone on sale once in the nine years it has been in existence to the general public, a 20% savings pre pandemic that lasted for about 2 weeks.  But there has been target marketing by Carnival via promo codes that certain people have received.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Pre cruise saves you 10%, if you have a ton of OBC, then wait till you board.  Cheers has only gone on sale once in the nine years it has been in existence to the general public, a 20% savings pre pandemic that lasted for about 2 weeks.  But there has been target marketing by Carnival via promo codes that certain people have received.

Thanks

On 9/27/2021 at 10:23 PM, Sunnyfun3379 said:

Nope....that's the best you can do. We usually wait till a few days before cruise to decide. Never got more than 10%.

Remember to check your VIFP offers to see if you have a promo code, RU1 OR 2.   That will be cheaper than 51.95 pp, although I have heard a couple comments that the RU9 deal actually ended up to be more.  Using RU2 on an upcoming cruise added Cheers for 320 total, a definite cost saver over the standard 104 bucks a day.  

They clearly remember how much we drink, we have only been offered RU9 - it was much cheaper to book one of our other rates and add the Cheers separately.  $2900 for RU9, $1460 to book separately and add Cheers.  Not a half bad deal for a tipsy week on Carnival's newest ship!